Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini photos not saving to phone
52367 28 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khammer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, My first post (Hello all) and my first flight with the Mavic mini , I notice the videos are saving to my phone but not the photos, any reason for this?
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Hello and welcome to DJI Forum. With regards to the said issue. Was there any SD card inside the drone during the flight?  The videos your phone had saved could be a cache file which are temporary files used for your live feed on the DJI Fly application. If you any other inquiry or concern feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The cache on the phone only seems to save videos not the Photos. This is a known issue
2019-11-27
Use props
MoneyMyers
New
United States

Experiencing the same issue now. First flight I did without an SD card & all photos/videos saved to my phone. But now, after popping in the SD card, neither photos/videos save to the phone.  Weird.
2019-12-1
Use props
heggc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1814 ft
United States

My flights did the same, no photos to phone with SD card inserted in Mini.
2019-12-2
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here....
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_ufmkDWkSbrub
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9429 ft
United States

Mine is not saving video or photos to the cache. Also, if I pull the SD card out and view on the computer it only records the files part of the time. What's going on here??
2019-12-24
Use props
|| Bomber ||
New
Flight distance : 10308 ft
United States

I’m experiencing the same issue. My videos record to the app. However, the QuickShot vids and photos can only be retrieved by grabbing the laptop and pulling the SD card from the craft.

It’s not complicated, but is tedious when I’m only wanting to show coworkers and potential Mavic buyers some of my more interesting files. Plus, once I’ve pulled it to the PC, I’m not likely to go thru the extra steps of putting them on my phone.

If I’m overlooking a setting which will correct this, any guidance is greatly appreciated.
2020-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

|| Bomber || Posted at 1-2 12:58
I’m experiencing the same issue. My videos record to the app. However, the QuickShot vids and photos can only be retrieved by grabbing the laptop and pulling the SD card from the craft.

It’s not complicated, but is tedious when I’m only wanting to show coworkers and potential Mavic buyers some of my more interesting files. Plus, once I’ve pulled it to the PC, I’m not likely to go thru the extra steps of putting them on my phone.

The files saved to your phone are lower resolution versions mostly meant for confirming that you got the shot. The primary storage is the SD card in the aircraft, and that's where you should go to get the real material from. If everything was saved to your phone, most phones would fill their storage very quickly and you would then lose material.
2020-1-2
Use props
|| Bomber ||
New
Flight distance : 10308 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-2 13:13
The files saved to your phone are lower resolution versions mostly meant for confirming that you got the shot. The primary storage is the SD card in the aircraft, and that's where you should go to get the real material from. If everything was saved to your phone, most phones would fill their storage very quickly and you would then lose material.

I agree, but for casual display it would be nice to have readily accessible. Plus, my SD card is 128gb while my phone is 512gb.  I’ll need to download the high res before I would ever worry about my phone running out of space.

I’m not looking to bypass the SD card as it is the quality recording. Im just looking for a duplicate low res on all the vids/photos I take. A way to show my friends spontaneously when I think about it without having to go through the extra steps of transferring it.  If the videos can record a temp file, it should be simple enough for all files to record temporarily.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_A44VjR60SFZr
New

Greece

Any answer to this??
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WZKOCcZdcD7Y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45974 ft
Czechia

After update on 0400 i have not low res videos and photos in mobile (Iphone - photos/videos)...only in mavic mini in dji fly app and can play video in low res...

I want back automatic saving low res to iphone photo gallery.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_vlHDBzwTciGf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122451 ft
United Kingdom

I know the SD is primary storage, but the fact the photo cache/previews are completely missing from the Fly app means that you can't quickly download the higher quality versions to your phone to share (in the same way you can with videos)
No matter how many photos I take, there's absolutely no trace of them in the DJI Fly App, quite frustrating.
Definitely a bug, there's no reason why they shouldn't be appearing. (The only categories visible are "video" and "Quick shot", there should be a photo category too)
2020-2-8
Use props
djiuser_DZT9KVrwLpc0
New

United States

Hello all, I'm new to drones and to the forum and loving every minute I spend with my mavic mini. However, I have the same issue. After a flight I'm excited about my pics and videos and would like to show my wife what I captured but I ONLY see the Videos in my gallary. In order to get pics into my gallary I have to manually move them over. I was hoping there was a way to turn that on or off in the DJI FLY app. So I can choose low res COPY of picz or vids or both or neither. So am I missing something because if im not then DJI needs to add it in an update.
2020-2-9
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

You pictures and videos are only saved to the SD card in your drone!

You need to transfer the recorded footage to your phone after your flights from within the app while the drone is turned on and connected, if you want it directly on your phone.

Or just use a card reader connected to your computer, which will be a lot faster.

The cache on your phone is only saving the live feed of the camera in a loop, like a dashcam. The cache has a size limit adjustable in the app settings, or can be turned off.
Also keep in mind, especially on cheap phones, that using the cache will reduce your phones internal memory lifetime due to lots of write operations, if you fly often.
2020-2-9
Use props
djiuser_3Xvl4MYfO0RI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283556 ft
United States

I was experiencing a similar issue where my videos were saving but not my photos. Once I clicked on the download button within the app (while connected to the remote control and drone with everything powered on), my photos magically appeared.
2020-3-4
Use props
Docha48
New

Portugal

Hi everybody (first time flyer, here)

I have 2 cards, a 32 and a 64 GB and have the same problem with the two: I formatted the cards with the Mavic and started to fly.
I recorded a bunch of different videos and photos. All looking good...but then...

I could see the videos on my app > Album: they all had the 'CACHE' word on them.
Still connected to Mavic, when I tried to download them to my phone it showed me the message 'HD FILE NOT FOUND'.

When I tried to view the files on my pc by connecting it directly via usb, my folder showed only one picture file and one video file, both by the name 'DJI_0034'.

As I tested another fiew recordings, it always did the same thing: only showed me the last file recorded and they all were always named 'DJI_0034' so I assume the Mavic is rewriting my files.

I can only acces my HD files if I'm constantly returnign to home base and saving them everytime I take a picture or a video... it makes no sense at all.

Thanks in advance for yout help!

2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_oybEQcaKiZwa
New
Flight distance : 206555 ft
United States

I'm having issues with my videos and photos saving. I have not had this issue except for the last couple of flights. I have and sd card in the drone and says I'm recording and taking photos while in flight. When I go to download them they disappear or don't show up at all. My SD card is not full and I never received a message saying that it was almost full. Also while downloading photos/ videos my drone constantly shuts off and is very hot. At least 3 times with 5 minute clip
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_mxcPjKWB6Evz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27034 ft
Italy

Denny-R Posted at 2-9 22:04
You pictures and videos are only saved to the SD card in your drone!

You need to transfer the recorded footage to your phone after your flights from within the app while the drone is turned on and connected, if you want it directly on your phone.

Hi all,
I got a Mavic Mini since 5-6 wks now and experienced the same issue about not seeing photos previews in the DJI Fly app.
As Denny-R mentioned, it takes downloading the bulk files from the drone to your smartphone (unless your target is a PC where you have a photo/video post-processing SW).
Anyway, beyond Denny-R's very crisp steps, I wanted to share I used a 3rd method to download from the drone. That is connect it as a USB mass storage to the smartphone (or PC either).
In the former case you'll need a microUSB to whatever USB your smartphone supports (mine has a USB-C).
As we all have microUSB to USB-A cables handy, my advise is then to get a USB-A to USB-C (my case) dongle. Some mid-range smartphone already come with it in the package, otherwise that's a couple od bucks on amazon/e-Bay.
You just need to tell the smartphone to allow file transfer from that USB mass storage (i.e. your powered on drone) rather than using that connection for power transfer.
I copied from the SDcard in the drone from ../DCIM/100MEDIA to smartphone's ../DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY:
- .JPG files to sub-folder Photo with sustained rate of about 48 Mb/s and peaks of 98 Mb/s
- .MP4 files to sub-folder video with sustained rate of 17 Mb/s.

At that point, launching DJI FLY w/out the drone, all those raw files where available for post-production via Create. That worked like a charm !!

I also applied Denny-R suggested method of taking the SDcard out of the drone and using whatever adaptation dongle, popping it up as a mass storage in the smartphone.
I copied .JPG and .MP4 files to the same target folders as above but in this case the transfer speed for both was in the range of 17Mb/s.
Note: transfer speeds may depend on the smartphone and, more likely on the circuitry of the dongles used.
I could not readily explain why with the drone-to-smartphone direct transfer method .JPEG and .MP4 speeds were different.
Honestly, I don't plan to invest time on this because as a newbie with drones I'm eager of spending time in learning more and more.
So thanks to you all for the precious info and hints in this Forum.

Hope this post is of any help.

Cheers
Mauro Tilocca

P.S.: @Denny-R is there a way to change my alias from djuser_something? Thx
2020-7-19
Use props
Mauro Tilocca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27034 ft
Italy

djiuser_mxcPjKWB6Evz Posted at 7-19 09:03
Hi all,
I got a Mavic Mini since 5-6 wks now and experienced the same issue about not seeing photos previews in the DJI Fly app.
As Denny-R mentioned, it takes downloading the bulk files from the drone to your smartphone (unless your target is a PC where you have a photo/video post-processing SW).

@Denny-R and all, please disregard my request for clues about changing my username.
After my late night attempts yesterday, I gave it a try one minute ago and did that easy-peasy .
Thx
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_WjSla3PX1aSz
New

United States

Photos not saving to DJI album or phone even after reinstall. Videos are just fine. Help.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_XvdSoYINJNfQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206814 ft
United States

Yes I discovered that answer on a Spark forum. I have tested this and it works. Turn on "Auto Sync HD Photos" in Camera presets.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_8RyV2sHQmC4u
New

Canada

Hello,  my DJI mini 2 doesn't transfer picture or video to my phone, I mean the phone background is black instead of the view of the park ,anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_Pua4TJ2FVnr0
New

United Kingdom

Did an update a few days ago and the videos and photos seem to be saving to Cache and not to my phone Gallery, is there a setting I can use to make them save to phone Gallery as well
2021-10-29
Use props
Roger Gustafsson
New

Sweden

I have a Mini2 and the first couple of times it saved the video on both sd card on drone and phone. But not any longer. Maybe because I updated the software as requested? Bad. Chinese Garbage? Or they updated their spyware on my phone? Too bad it's the only company selling drones that works. You think a democracy could manage to judo one too.
2021-12-29
Use props
fans18c3ee69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same - I did firmware updates - since then no panos working and no photos on DJI album or phone.
2022-1-16
Use props
fans52a85384
New

United States

My DJI mavic Air 2 has not saved pictures correctly for over a year now and they keep updating the fucking software every few days and it never corrects
2022-3-15
Use props
chambertots
New

United Kingdom

For what it's worth, if you have an iPhone, make sure you have checked the auto sync  HD photos in the camera tab on the app, if the phots still do not load try doing a quick reset on your iPhone. Disconnect from the drone and very quickly press the turn the sound down button on the side of your phone followed quickly by the turn the sound up button on your phone then press the turn off button and slide to close down completely. Then restart. My husband's drone was not saving photos and we tried this and it worked. Good luck.
2022-3-25
Use props
mac 2
New
Flight distance : 731798 ft
Ireland

was this ever solved ? it did send videos and picts   to phone at low res  but not anymore
2022-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules