4500 14 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any one else experiencing video distorstion on the bottom few lines of the recorded videos on the mavic Mini?
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Uptowndisco. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short video footage of the said issue for us to check and assist you further. Thank you.
2019-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share an example?
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_a3roymCKrAIF
lvl.1
United States

I've been experiencing this as well but it just to happen to random video files, some turn out ok, which makes me think its a software bug. I havent been changing settings in between shots. Heres a zoomed in example where the bottom few lines seem vertically smudged, but it happens across the whole frame and can be pretty noticeable in video
Screenshot_20191127-140820_Video Player.jpg
2019-11-27
Use props
sdyor
New

United States

Yes. Shooting video in 2.7K renders the video at 2720 X 1536 - should be 2704 x 1520 thus the distortion
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_BZ0dyqWD7ohC
New

United States

Same issue here! Waiting for a software fix
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_KMwmUpeghfc3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Same issue here, this is very disappointing and embarrassing. Videos not usable for non private projects then.
Looking at mavic mini 2,7k footage on YouTube, it seems all mavic minis seem to have this video distortion in the last bottom line... A reason to give the drone back :-(
2019-12-1
Use props
intensetobac
New
Flight distance : 17287 ft
Austria

I alsohave this problem with mavic mini. Should i replace mine or wait for a software update?
Quite annoying
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

Seen this discussed on another forum and as another user says here, this is down to surplus lines being rendered when using 2.7k.  Many people have said when viewed in professional video suits or in VLC the videos are fine.  If i could get VLC to work i'd confirm that for myself.  But it appears to be a software related thing.

DJI's support response was apparently:

"Principle: Because the system resolution (such as directly viewing the properties of the video file directly with a computer) is 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, and the video resolution is 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom, causing the above phenomenon.

[Appearance scene]
It appears when uploading videos on some social media platforms, or using the Windows' own player or a low level player.

As for the solution, Please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play, this phenomenon does not occur. Or if the player has hardware decoding and software decoding, this phenomenon will occur if you choose hardware decoding, and will not occur by using software decoding. Also, this phenomenon does not occur when editing videos with editing software."
2019-12-2
Use props
nexus_redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX Posted at 12-2 07:45
Seen this discussed on another forum and as another user says here, this is down to surplus lines being rendered when using 2.7k.  Many people have said when viewed in professional video suits or in VLC the videos are fine.  If i could get VLC to work i'd confirm that for myself.  But it appears to be a software related thing.

DJI's support response was apparently:

Honestly, why they made a system resolution of 2720 x 1536 and a video resolution of 2720 x 1530? this will cause a lot of ppl to complain and to ask for support/exchange of product. This is just idiotic.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

googling seems to suggest 2.7k is meant to be         2704x1520 so are they out horizonatally and vertically?
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_kWPPE33fPILf
New

United Kingdom

Yes I have that issue. Using 2K at 30fps.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_LFkD9kCATBq8
New
United States

Here too. Not only the video but the photos (much worse if tilting the gimbal up or down). Totally unexpected after flying Spark.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_hpweHW2m0x1s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1604 ft
United States

am having same issue on Mavic Air 2.  I think this is related to making edits in 4k video on Android.   The original video renders fine.  The blurry centimeter or so on a full screen seems to be put there when making any edit to the video in the app.   Also I noticed I'd you edit a video, and then edit the edited video the blurry line doubles in thickness.

This does not solve anything but hopefully points someone in the right direction.
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_mJqcWwk9uGlK
lvl.2
United States

I'm experiencing this exact problem with my Air 2s with video rendered by DJI Fly from 2.7k source video. The original file seems ok, but the 1080p render shows this problem. It seems something is wrong with the transcoding phase. I didn't experience this problem when shooting in 1080p or 4k.  Is this to be expected? Can it be fixed? I don't want to have to shoot EVERYTHING in 4k.
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules