Invalid SD card
28379 26 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmack66
lvl.1

United States

Tried flying today and now no matter what sd card I put in to my Phantom 3 advanced it says that is invalid. I try to format on my computer and in the Phantom and no card will work. Any recommendations?
2015-6-11
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Make sure you are formatting in FAT32 or exFAT.

Also make sure the card is all the way in.

Oh,one more thing, is the card 64GBor smaller?
2015-6-11
Use props
cmack66
lvl.1

United States

I have tried both formats with multiple cards less than 64gb. Chatted with DJI Suppprt who indicated it is probably a bad gimble. The gimble just flashes a steady red. Not happy
2015-6-11
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I don't know if it's possible, but are you sure the card is being inserted in the correct orientation? Does the card lock into place without issues? The landing gear leg on mine is rather close making inserting and removal a little difficult. Try pushing the card into place with something like a popsicle stick.
2015-6-11
Use props
cmack66
lvl.1

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-12 10:08
I don't know if it's possible, but are you sure the card is being inserted in the correct orientatio ...

It is definitely seating properly and in the correct orientation. I just looked at the return policy of the retailer I purchased from and since I am still within it I may return to them rather than going through the repair process.
Thanks Gregg
2015-6-11
Use props
Damage01
New

United Kingdom

Having same problem with a 32GB card.

Originally it continually came up - invalid SD card.

Managed to format it in the Phantom then it saw it OK.

Next time I switched on - Invalid SD card

Yet the card reads OK in the PC and on the iPad...

Return to vendor?
2015-7-13
Use props
tncrawler.yahoo
New

United States

Damage01 Posted at 2015-7-13 16:31
Having same problem with a 32GB card.

Originally it continually came up - invalid SD card.

Just happend to mine.. This bites
2015-12-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What are the specs on the card you have?
2015-12-26
Use props
agustin
New

Spain

Hi,
I´m having same problem.
I tried to format several times on the phantom, on the computer with MS-DOS(FAT) and on SDFFormater from: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
But no success.

Phantom 3 standard

Version:
app 2.5.0
aircraft 1.3.50

Card:
Scandisk
Ultra 10
16GB
microSD HC I

I bought my phantom by internet in a Spanish dealer (my country); http://valuebasket.es/

Any help?
Regards.
2016-2-9
Use props
crast
lvl.1

United States

I went through a lot of head scratching yesterday with "invalid sd card" message. This morning I formated with the aircraft on and the by way of djigo software. I then installed the firmware to the sd card by way of the micro sd card slot on the aircraft with ipad and rc off. I rebooted the p3p and finally got the red and green flashing on the camera status indicator and then that turned solid green. I then hooked the quad back to my mac and checked for the text file. Success. Turned everything back on and It all seems to be working fine. I'll fly this afternoon for final confirmation
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

crast Posted at 2016-3-18 23:50
I went through a lot of head scratching yesterday with "invalid sd card" message. This morning I for ...

This thread is old.
I'm glad you got it going. Are you on the latest app and firmware updates?
2016-3-18
Use props
crast
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 10:56
This thread is old.
I'm glad you got it going. Are you on the latest app and firmware updates?

I am. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

crast Posted at 2016-3-19 21:06
I am. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks

You have to have the RC powered off on the P3 for the firmware to update.
2016-3-19
Use props
crast
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 09:55

That and install the firmware via the aircraft's camera micro-USB port instead of a memory card reader is what worked for me.
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

crast Posted at 2016-3-20 03:39
That and install the firmware via the aircraft's camera micro-USB port instead of a memory card re ...

Sounds good, have fun and enjoy.
2016-3-19
Use props
agbicudo
New

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 22:55

through the USB cable but with the card in the gimble ?
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

agbicudo Posted at 2016-4-19 02:24
through the USB cable but with the card in the gimble ?

Unplug the P3 from the USB cable and only have the Sd card with the BIN file and insert into the camera and power up the aircraft.
2016-4-18
Use props
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-18 19:20
Unplug the P3 from the USB cable and only have the Sd card with the BIN file and insert into the c ...

Had similar problems. Tried three different brand new cards and finally got the third one to work. Solution:  Make sure the card you are using is a class 10 card. After buying a 64 and a 32 MB card I done research on SD cards  and found out if it doesn't have the class 10 symbol on the card it ain't gona work in a Phantom.
2016-5-1
Use props
The Judge
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same problem. I fix it by formatting the card from the GO ap and no more problems
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jlschmitz15@gma Posted at 2016-5-1 19:32
Had similar problems. Tried three different brand new cards and finally got the third one to work. ...

Glad you got it to update.
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

The Judge Posted at 2016-5-1 21:56
I had the same problem. I fix it by formatting the card from the GO ap and no more problems

Yes, formatting the SD card is required. It should work both ways with the preference doing it on your computer. That way it deletes the DCIM folder as well.
2016-5-1
Use props
giles.us
New

i bought a used phantom 3 Standard on eBay which is reporting invalid SD card error.  For what it is worth, the previous owner states that he never had this issue.  I purchased a new card 32 GB card, tried to reformat through the Go app, and received a failure error.  Reformatted with Mac, and reads fine in Mac but Go reports same invalid SD card error.  any advice?
2016-8-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

giles.us Posted at 2016-8-14 07:04
i bought a used phantom 3 Standard on eBay which is reporting invalid SD card error.  For what it is ...

What card is it? When you format in the aircraft, which is the best way to do it, the aircraft will also test the card to see if it is suitable. The aircraft is most likely telling you the card is not fast enough.
2016-8-13
Use props
giles.us
New

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-14 06:26
What card is it? When you format in the aircraft, which is the best way to do it, the aircraft will ...

ok.  I was unaware of speed ratings but will get a class 10 and try again.
2016-8-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

giles.us Posted at 2016-8-14 08:40

There are lots of cards out there, but for a guaranteed working card, I recommend the Sandisk Extreme series. Not the Ultra, it can be too slow in some situations.
2016-8-13
Use props
giles.us
New

giles.us Posted at 2016-8-14 06:40

purchased a new high speed class 10 mSD card and it was accepted without problem.  
2016-8-14
Use props
djiuser_bZbDy4ucdyJh
New

I have the same problem with the invalid SD card I have tried formating and everything and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't it's also Wierd because it's always a steady green light on the camera. Any suggestions?
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules