Max number of Robot Connexions in Free-for-All mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

This is a question that's been floating around social media for a few days now, and no one seems able to answer with any solid form of backup reference.

What is the maximum number of RMS1s that can connect at the same time in a Free-for-All match?
  • Is the limit enforced by the Referree App?
  • Is the limit imposed by the number of available LED colors (i.e. 11)?
  • Is the limit that of the number of simultaneous number pf connexions the Router is capable of handling?

2019-11-24
Use props
Optimus3
lvl.3
Lithuania

Hello,
A little off-topic. Can you explain what is refferee app?
2019-11-25
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

From experience, I can say for sure that at least 6 robots can take par in a battle. There is definitely some limit but as this almost always goes, I am pretty sure it is a bit arbitrary (i.e. not based on any inherent limitation).
2019-11-25
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Optimus3 Posted at 11-25 08:20
Hello,

The app that hosts the battle. i.e. Just the normal Robomaster app but the one that sets everything up.

2019-11-25
Use props
Optimus3
lvl.3
Lithuania

I watched a few games of "Robomasters" tournament. Its very interesting, because when the game starts they run app or something that loads up and starts the game. Maybe there is a way in Robomaster s1 to control such thing? For example we have 6 robots and we want to start a game. You press start on pc and the all robots start at the same time. Maybe there is a way to show best scores and etc. On external monitor? Its like game controling app.
2019-11-25
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Optimus3 Posted at 11-25 08:20
Hello,

The Referee App is built-in to the Battle Games and also, I assume into Conquest games. Typically, the first player to connect to the Router assumes the role of Host and controls a match.
As a side note, I find deplorable that the Host/Referee has to also have a RMS1 connected to the Router. I feel the Host/Referee should be ale to connect to the Router and declare itself as the "Referee" without needing to connect a robot as well...
2019-11-25
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

BGA Posted at 11-25 08:50
From experience, I can say for sure that at least 6 robots can take par in a battle. There is definitely some limit but as this almost always goes, I am pretty sure it is a bit arbitrary (i.e. not based on any inherent limitation).

I was directed to an answer in the DJI RoboMaster S1 FAQ by another Owner...
https://www.dji.com/ca/robomaster-s1/faq

The following Q&A can be found under the "Features" topic:

How many S1 units can simultaneously participate during Battle mode?
A maximum of six S1 units can operate at the same time during Battle mode.

I have asked a schools that owns 20 RMS1s to test this out and get back to me.
More on this story to follow
2019-11-25
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Optimus3 Posted at 11-25 09:39
I watched a few games of "Robomasters" tournament. Its very interesting, because when the game starts they run app or something that loads up and starts the game. Maybe there is a way in Robomaster s1 to control such thing? For example we have 6 robots and we want to start a game. You press start on pc and the all robots start at the same time. Maybe there is a way to show best scores and etc. On external monitor? Its like game controling app.

In RoboMaster, this is called the "Referee System". It controls every aspect of the game.
https://rm-static.djicdn.com/tem ... 20Manual%20v1.1.pdf

2019-11-25
Use props
Optimus3
lvl.3
Lithuania

A lot of good and usefull information.  Big thanks!
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules