Activation in Ronin App Stuck
1890 4 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nate1881
lvl.1
United States

I am beyond frustrated.  I have a brand new Ronin-SC gimbal sitting here, but I cannot use it because the app will not complete the activation.
The app sees the gimbal via bluetooth, I enter the passcode(12345678), click the activate now pop-up, enter my credentials for my DJI account, then the app dims and all I get is a spinning wheel.  I have let it sit here for over an hour and nothing happens.

I am using the Ronin app on an iPhone XS, I have tried my home WiFi connection, and AT&T 4G for internet, nothing changes.  I have also tried the app on an iPhone X, same garbage.

I cannot believe I am sitting here with a $600 paper weight because some unecessary activation process.  This one may be going back to the dealer.

Is there any tips I can try??

Thanks,
2019-11-24
Use props
Nate1881
lvl.1
United States

also just tried from an iPad Air, same garbage, no activation.  Wow, am I regretting this purchase.
2019-11-24
Use props
ULD media
lvl.1

Latvia

I bought a new Ronin-SC. Following the instructions, I wanted to start using it. Unfortunately, but I'm stuck. I downloaded Ronin's application to my mobile phone ASUS Zenfone 4 Max, then entered the registration information and logged in. I activated on GPS location and Bluetooth on my phone and turned on the Ronin-SC gimbal. The mobile phone recognizes the device, but the connection fails. The entry window for entering the connection password does not appear.

I deleted and downloaded the Ronin application twice, but the same thing happens again. I restarted my cell phone and also restart Bluetooth settings on my phone but the situation remains the same. I changed my location in the room to see if any other signal was interfering with the connection to Bluetooth, but that didn't help.

I also have this issue: what do I need to do to start using Ronin-SC with Bluetooth connection of ASUS Zenfone 4 Max phone?

My ASUS Zenfone 4 Max:
* Bluetooth version:
CNSS.PR.4.0-00364-M8953BAAANAZW-1
* Android version

2019-11-25
Use props
Nate1881
lvl.1
United States

I found the solution with the help of B&H Photo Pro Video department.  The secret was to create another account from within the Ronin app.  Even though my original DJI account could log into the Ronin app, and has activated 2 DJI drones, it appears it was the problem.  One of the guys from B&H Photo suggested I give a new account a try before sending it back like DJI support was telling me to.  Waa-la, the Ronin-SC registered within 5 sec using the new account.  I am a little disappointed that DJI support did not know about this and the fact that I now have two accounts at DJI for my products.Thumbs up for B&H Photo customer service, and a big thumbs down for DJI support and the whole registration requirement on their products.
2019-11-25
Use props
Nate1881
lvl.1
United States

duplicate of above, in error.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules