6966 72 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given the number of posts I am reading where people are having problems with their Mavic Mini I have created the simple poll above
Single SelectVote, Total 249 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-11-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

When you see a lot of issues posted remember that people are more likely to report problems and complaints than just report back saying everything is working.  If you consider how many problems you read about vs how many Mini’s have been sold, it’s a very low percentage.

So far, i’ve had no issues with mini. Hopefully it stays that way

I had a spark (still have acually) for 2 years and despite the countles number of problems and flyaways i read about, I never had an issue with the spark either.
2019-11-24
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

They likely sold 1000's. So a few first adopters have teething problems.

Deduct the ones which are due to user error and over expectations ...

... leaves a few genuine ones.
2019-11-25
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

If it were not for that ripple effect in video, I would have been 100% happy with it.
2019-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For the pricetag it seems like a decent drone.
2019-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Newbies and new drones there’s always going to be many more problems, I could bet those having problems are much more likely to be newbies than those with some experience, but they will learn .
2019-11-25
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Cookster670 Posted at 11-24 23:26
When you see a lot of issues posted remember that people are more likely to report problems and complaints than just report back saying everything is working.  If you consider how many problems you read about vs how many Mini’s have been sold, it’s a very low percentage.

Agreed. Dozens of "flyaways"  reported for spark, but never had a single problem myself in 2 years. Some trolls too I don't doubt.
But then I didn't crash it either.
2019-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

andrei193 Posted at 11-25 00:54
If it were not for that ripple effect in video, I would have been 100% happy with it.

I don’t think your compelled to take the drone with that fault in it , just exchange it .
2019-11-25
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-25 03:02
I don’t think your compelled to take the drone with that fault in it , just exchange it .

Of course I am not, I have stated my opinion based on my current experience. I do plan to exchange it but I would have preferred to get a response from DJI if it's a software fix or not given the fact that is so widespread. Nobody likes to get through the hassle of returning. I would have gladly waited for a firmware update. I will wait though until thursday.
2019-11-25
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Im quite happy, but I have to admit I fly scared and not very far.
Yesterday I was flying over a 300m cliff, GPW signal was strong, wifi too, a bit of wind but not much, did a fly from the top over the cliff only 20m or so, and it suffently did a quick turn to the left like the compass freaked out or something, didnt noticed any alerts and landed safely.
I will start a ticket and will provide with fly logs in case is something it can be checked and improved in FW, but is very scary...
2019-11-25
Use props
mrbubbels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
Germany

Mine works great. Only issue is the "insufficient power" warning but that doesn't seem to affect my drone at all in any way. It's still annoying to get that warning multiple times per flight.
Apart from that mine doesn't have any ripple effect, bad connection or any other issues.
With my CE version i was able to reach 1,4km under normal conditions flying over a river. I'm pretty sure 2km or more is possible. But i dont really care to be honest. For me thats more than enough.
2019-11-25
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

If you fly off a cliff there will more than likely be a large updraught even in very low wind. The motors will  drastically cut power to avoid climbing,  quite possibly by an amount that causes loss of control.
2019-11-25
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

I'm not too happy but hopeful that my replacement works (previous one had broken hardware) and the app now works with my Samsung A5 2017 (live feed frozen issue). If i get it up and flying without encountering problems after a flew flights and the app works, then I will be happy with it.
2019-11-25
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I'm generally happy with it. I'm concerned about the “Aircraft power insufficient" warning and its frequency. This has definitely impacted where I fly drone. I have been very reluctant to fly over water which I did quite a bit with my Spark. I also seem to get wind warnings a lot in conditions I would not get it with Spark. The drone flies great, takes great videos/pictures, and battery time is awesome. I also hope they add white balance adjustment. I'm definitely missing this feature for pictures.   
2019-11-25
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am happy with my Mini Combo. We have enjoyed flying with our Mavic Air. I was having a bit of inconsistent connection with my Note 8. I have since replaced the cable (controller to phone) and start up and flights are no glitch. For the price point, this is a good buy.
This is the cable: controller to USB C cable
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best information and the best insights from our valued DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and fly safe.
2019-11-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for your replies. Looks like most are happy with their MM. Lets hope DJI fix the various issues quickly
2019-11-25
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-25 01:09
For the pricetag it seems like a decent drone.

Do you take into account the price of buying a new phone?
2019-11-25
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-25 03:01
Newbies and new drones there’s always going to be many more problems, I could bet those having problems are much more likely to be newbies than those with some experience, but they will learn .

Have electricians, according to statistics, accidents case more, precisely have those which themselves consider already super professionals! I hope the hint is clear?!
2019-11-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I have only had two flights with mine indoors. (blizzard outside at moment) and I have only had mine 3 days, but so far I like it. But I believe brand new tech ALWAYS has teething problems. However, Dji seam to be willing to work with every complaint and change firmware and add updates and listen to us. That to me is a real good thing. It makes me want to stick through it and see what comes of it. The only thing I wish DJI had, was a place other than forums we could report bugs we find. I'm a backer/Bug tester for Star Citizen and know how it all works, new tech, bugs, reporting and finally, bug fixes. So far Dji has been willing to work with people and get things repaired or replaced, for that, I'm sticking around!
2019-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Alevpi Posted at 11-25 19:47
Do you take into account the price of buying a new phone?

My guess is that DJI will have make it working on my iPhone 6s when i'm ready to buy
2019-11-25
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-25 23:15
My guess is that DJI will have make it working on my iPhone 6s when i'm ready to buy

What doesn't work on the 6s? I tried it on one 6s and it worked.
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Elias22 Posted at 11-26 00:13
What doesn't work on the 6s? I tried it on one 6s and it worked.

I don't know.
I have not installed the app yet.

Alevpi mentioned having to buy a new phone, so I responded that DJI will have it working on an iPhone 6s when I was ready  to use it .
Apparently they already have
2019-11-26
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-26 00:19
I don't know.
I have not installed the app yet.

Ah ok, great! Hope all works.
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Elias22 Posted at 11-26 03:18
Ah ok, great! Hope all works.

Yeah, hope so too!
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 11-25 20:50
I have only had two flights with mine indoors. (blizzard outside at moment) and I have only had mine 3 days, but so far I like it. But I believe brand new tech ALWAYS has teething problems. However, Dji seam to be willing to work with every complaint and change firmware and add updates and listen to us. That to me is a real good thing. It makes me want to stick through it and see what comes of it. The only thing I wish DJI had, was a place other than forums we could report bugs we find. I'm a backer/Bug tester for Star Citizen and know how it all works, new tech, bugs, reporting and finally, bug fixes. So far Dji has been willing to work with people and get things repaired or replaced, for that, I'm sticking around!

I agree 100%. I would make things more organized.
2019-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-25 23:15
My guess is that DJI will have make it working on my iPhone 6s when i'm ready to buy

It works lovely on the iPhone 6s Now
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 04:45
It works lovely on the iPhone 6s Now

Good to know!
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I remember having some screen issue with Go4 too on my iPhone SE (some time ago).
The notification for flying close to NFZ was blocking the 'approve' checkbox....
Super handy (not)
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

GOOD, thanks for reporting!
2019-11-26
Use props
Mypinknee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United Kingdom

Mine works fine, except for one small issue with the settings menu.  Because I have an old iPhone SE the black background to the setting is larger than the screen size can cope.  The top right white 'X' you click on to return you to the camera view is hidden.  In order to get back to camera view I was having to quit and restart the app.  
However after an email to DJi I received the following advice "Upon checking with the video, for you to go back in camera view, please try to tap the side of the screen, which shows the camera view, please refer to the image below, kindly try to lessen the font size of your mobile device." Here's the photo they sent.
2019-11-26
Use props
Mypinknee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United Kingdom

I have been putting the micro SD card straight into a reader on my iMac -it is so much quicker than waiting for the WiFi.  I edit using iMovie - that's not too hard either.  
Does anyone else do that?

2019-11-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mypinknee Posted at 11-27 12:49
I have been putting the micro SD card straight into a reader on my iMac -it is so much quicker than waiting for the WiFi.  I edit using iMovie - that's not too hard either.  

Not with Mavic Mini.  But have been doing same with Mavic Pro.  
Slide microSD card into SD card adapter, then into SD card slot on MacBook Pro.
2019-11-27
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Mypinknee Posted at 11-27 12:49
I have been putting the micro SD card straight into a reader on my iMac -it is so much quicker than waiting for the WiFi.  I edit using iMovie - that's not too hard either.  

That’s exactly what I do.
2019-12-1
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I have had no issues other than the “insuffiient power” warning, but the more I read, the more I get worried about all sorts of issues.  flyaways, loss of power, gimbal jerking, ripple videos...etc.     I have my spark still which has been super reliable which I was going to sell, but now tempted to hang onto, just in case.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

very happy with it so far. Do have the rippling effect at the bottom of 2.7k videos but based on everyones comments and DJIs comments this isnt a hardware fault so hopefully they tweak it
2019-12-3
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 11-24 23:26

Because there are so many new drone operators, because of this product. Many have no experience. Other issues, flying the drone in a safe environment, dont rush, take your time, use the protectors while flying until your more experience. I have read many of the above issues.

Even I, am not 100% pro yet. I bought my first drone, mavic pro 2 this past August. I am very comfortable now. But it took months of many flights in a wide open park and learning. Many of these new pilots are not doing that. They want to charge the batteries and fly right out their back door without an environment that is safe. Also, not use the protectors for the drone on top of that.

So we are now seeing the result. Some people will learn. Some wont be patient enough to learn.
2019-12-3
Use props
Imcptteemo
New

Vietnam

I can”t connect my Mavic mini to phone/tablet/PC ,just Notting will find it.The remote controller connects in 5 secs but mini never.Have tried everything downloaded dji assistant app even,what i should do,any sugtestions.
2019-12-4
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Imcptteemo Posted at 12-4 05:10
I can”t connect my Mavic mini to phone/tablet/PC ,just Notting will find it.The remote controller connects in 5 secs but mini never.Have tried everything downloaded dji assistant app even,what i should do,any sugtestions.

Friend, I believe that maybe you could reset the pairing of your controller to the drone. Look on youtube and I thought I had seen a video of someone showing this. I would do that and I think you should be good!
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-3 19:10
Because there are so many new drone operators, because of this product. Many have no experience. Other issues, flying the drone in a safe environment, dont rush, take your time, use the protectors while flying until your more experience. I have read many of the above issues.

Even I, am not 100% pro yet. I bought my first drone, mavic pro 2 this past August. I am very comfortable now. But it took months of many flights in a wide open park and learning. Many of these new pilots are not doing that. They want to charge the batteries and fly right out their back door without an environment that is safe. Also, not use the protectors for the drone on top of that.

I agreed, I'm new and have taken all the precautions possible, after only 3,5h of flying and around over 10 miles distance, in open and safe area I can see already a lot of improvement, and I'm more relaxed.

Somebody who buys instantly or gets it as a present, and doesnt come around here, will likely crash it, dont read the manual, fly it in the wrong place at the wrong time... and result is sad experience.

For some of us who had to wait around 2 weeks or longer, it has been kind of a blessing.
Somebody wrote on a post, just practice for some good at least 5 hours before you attept anything risky, or stupid, I can confirm that is a good starting point.
2019-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules