How to fix inaccurate battery % reading?
1007 3 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

I've recently gotten some used batteries and drained them to 0 to begin with.

Here's the issue- at 11:x minutes flight the battery already says 0% but the inspire kept flying until 15:30. The voltage was pretty normal even at 0%.. I could tell that the reading was innacurate by the voltage.
I could estimate the battery was only going to turn off once the lowest cell reading hit 3.1v and lower.

I did the hover only 1 inch above grass for safety. It seems to be the issue for the other used batteries I got too.
So the battery reading is inaccurate.

By draining it all the way, will my next sischarge be accurate or more accurate? Or do I have to do something like a hard reset on the battery?

Thanks
2019-11-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are tons of information about this subject...

DJI tells you to reset the batteries by draining them to about 5% and then recharge them to 100%. this will reset the Intelligent circuit. But if you have done this and the batteries are still not working correctly; drain them down to 5% and remove the battery top, disconnect the balance lead socket. Wait for about 5 minutes and the reassemble the plug to the battery and top. Charge up to 100% and you should be good to go.
Rich
2019-11-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

RichJ53 Posted at 11-26 09:37
There are tons of information about this subject...

DJI tells you to reset the batteries by draining them to about 5% and then recharge them to 100%. this will reset the Intelligent circuit. But if you have done this and the batteries are still not working correctly; drain them down to 5% and remove the battery top, disconnect the balance lead socket. Wait for about 5 minutes and the reassemble the plug to the battery and top. Charge up to 100% and you should be good to go.

Thank you bro!
2019-11-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you are okay....

Rich
2019-11-26
Use props