Phone attached to controller of Mavic Mini
2299 5 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geedc
New

United States

Just wondering:  can I use a phone on the controller for my Mini that is NOT connected to a phone service?
Gary

2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gary. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may operate or fly your DJI Mavic Mini with out phone service. It helps reducing interference a lot. Thank you.
2019-11-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always put mine in Airplane mode so no transmission from my phone and also no incoming calls while I am flying
2019-11-25
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

I've seen a number of videos recommending you put your phone in Airplane mode to reduce interference and extend the range. It's a habit I've adopted although I don't fly the Mini out of sight... and I have eyes like a bat.
2019-11-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

This is a great idea!! I always wondered if I got a call during flight what would happen! So Airplane mode, awesome!  So question then, If I put my phone in Airplane mode, will I still have access to the GPS, the maps, the location of myself, the mini and the home point on those maps if the phone has no access to the outside world?
2019-11-25
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 11-25 20:34
This is a great idea!! I always wondered if I got a call during flight what would happen! So Airplane mode, awesome!  So question then, If I put my phone in Airplane mode, will I still have access to the GPS, the maps, the location of myself, the mini and the home point on those maps if the phone has no access to the outside world?

Yep, Airplane doesn't affect your GPS and the DJI no-fly map still works, IIRC. Just schlapp it in 'Airplane Mode' and check 'em all out.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules