Umm...where did my drafts go?
11817 21 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slugwurth
lvl.1
United States

I was messing around in the app and opened a draft project. I wanted to exit out without any changes, and thought I was being safe by not saving any changes. Now my draft file is gone. Is the project just unrecoverable?
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to your inquiry. I am sorry say the draft feature is not implement on the DJI Mimo, Please make sure to save the new projects that you have started so that you can edit them later. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-28
Use props
slugwurth
lvl.1
United States

Your response doesn't make sense. I was literally using a built-in folder called drafts. The messaging was confusing when I exited my draft and it deleted it. I thought I was being safe by not saving any changes. It deleted the draft instead. Please improve your messaging. If there's a way to save projects in another location, then how do I do that?
2019-12-2
Use props
Drew Houghton
New

New Zealand

I just has this problem as well.  Got a draft sitting in the draft folder, looked at it, didn’t want to save any changes and exited and the draft is gone!  Crazy.  The guy who responded obviously either doesn’t speak English well or doesn’t understand how the app works - either way, this should be fixed.

All they need to do is ensure that the draft is always saved and if you want to delete it, you can do so.

The response to your question is just about the most worthless response I have ever read on a forum like this.
2020-1-2
Use props
fanse82f1bcd
New

Guatemala

Debes ir a galería luego crear luego en la esquina superior derecha hay un dibujo de un archivo entras y allí están saludos
2020-1-26
Use props
**DP**
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I am furious!!!

The answer given by DJI is ridiculous.

I have been working on a project for several days, saving changes each time I exit the editor. However i didnt want to keep my last changes so I exited the editor without saving changes. Its quite clear that this should mean i could 'exit without saving changes' because THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS on the button! instead its deleted the entire project draft.

If I wanted to delete the project, i would have expected a DELETE project option and then a warning to ask if I was sure.

I am VERY VERY UNHAPPY :-(
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_CB2kj0evnjdI
New

Singapore

I also had the same case today and this made me more furious cos this is my second time typing this feedback cos apparently it was not saved again the first time when I get an error message.

I didn't have this issue just last month when I did a shoot cos after every project a save button is visible, today, i only habe a save as draft option so I did save it. All my projects saved as draft. I took the videos inside attraction places so I didn't really check it as I didn't have the problem just 1 month ago. Now that I am ready to edit my project, I couldn't find any draft in my DJI Mimo at all and not in my phone as well.

How are you going to rectify this DJI? This is very frustrating for creators like me. To redo my projects, ill havr to pay again to go in to those attractions!!!!
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_KkCA9QonFpZo
New

Poland

Really year after this is still a case?

How the hell after clicking “Exit without save” can delete anything?! This is ridiculous...

Second thing... when I accidentally press Exit why I do not have option to cancel, only Exit with save or not?
2021-1-17
Use props
Jessica Wilkerson
New

United States

I was working on a video for days and now all of a sudden it says draft damaged and only gives me an option to delete it! How can I recover this video I worked so hard on?? None of the original files have been deleted off my phone so I don’t understand??
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_FeaH5CUWJ1bh
New
Switzerland

Is there a solution to this issue now
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2928855 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-28 12:44
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to your inquiry. I am sorry say the draft feature is not implement on the DJI Mimo, Please make sure to save the new projects that you have started so that you can edit them later. Thank you for your valued support.

I can't believe the amount of work I put in it's happened to me twice working 4 to 3 hours editing a video and then you look at it and you save it and then you look at it again and you don't do anything and you sit at you exit without saving and then it just delete your goddamn video I mean what a joke you spend thousand dollars on a drone and another hundred dollars on a Gimbal and you get this software that comes with it and it works except for the fact that it delete your goddamn videos

2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD Posted at 4-27 07:41
I can't believe the amount of work I put in it's happened to me twice working 4 to 3 hours editing a video and then you look at it and you save it and then you look at it again and you don't do anything and you sit at you exit without saving and then it just delete your goddamn video I mean what a joke you spend thousand dollars on a drone and another hundred dollars on a Gimbal and you get this software that comes with it and it works except for the fact that it delete your goddamn videos

What the fuck is that supposed to mean that draft feature is not implemented on mimo app of course it is you guys have it on there it says draft that means it's implemented do you know the English language what you're saying why would you fucking delete somebody's video if I exit without saving
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's so sad to me the DJI has dropped the ball anybody in the world who uses any kind of editing software knows that when you have a project saved and you make a change like the color of the font on the title and you decide at the end of adjusting that that you don't want it and you exit without saving everybody knows that the software doesn't go back and delete your previously saved edit of that video and or corrupt the file when it becomes unusable so basically DJI has created software this for a child and maybe there should be a disclaimer that says this software is not intended for series users and editors of video footage it's so sad that we spend thousands of dollars on these drones and Gimbels and you guys give us this sad excuse for video editing software you really dropped the ball and you need to go back and rework that video saving portion there needs to be a disclaimer that says Exit without saving will cause your video to be deleted and corrupted DJI I'm talking to you
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD Posted at 4-27 07:41

That cookie cutter response back from DJI is not acceptable and of course the draft features implemented on there that's why in the upper right hand corner there's a little file folder and that has all the drafts in it get it right DJI you created software that's made for children but you're selling drones and hardware at adult prices you cannot delete people ... simply by the push of one button
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jessica Wilkerson Posted at 1-18 13:52
I was working on a video for days and now all of a sudden it says draft damaged and only gives me an option to delete it! How can I recover this video I worked so hard on?? None of the original files have been deleted off my phone so I don’t understand??

So sad .... happened twice to me
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_hgIfDFNZ6DdO
New

South Africa

Exactly the same !
I worked on a project for such a long time , and when I wanted to add the last few edits it said "error - draft damaged , delete?" with no other option and I haven't found any solutions on this problem.
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_hgIfDFNZ6DdO
New

South Africa

Exactly the same !
I worked on a project for such a long time , and when I wanted to add the last few edits it said "error - draft damaged , delete?" with no other option and I haven't found any solutions on this problem.
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_qVaragoPuxLJ
New
Flight distance : 130922 ft
United States

I have been able to recover the (mistakenly) deleted file on my iPhone by searching the DJI file folder(s) located in the iPhone’s “Files” app. Open the “Files” app, select Browse, and type “DJI” into the search box at the top. A folder titled “DJI Fly” should appear. I located the deleted draft video in the folder titled “DJIRemovableCache.” Within THIS folder, the video was inside the file titled, “DJIMediaEditorCompose.”

Please note that I did select “Done” at one point prior to accidentally deleting the draft video/version from the app, but you may still have some luck searching the numerous cache and other folders within the broader “DJI Fly” file.

I really hope this helps!

~ JD
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_KKfKzJbuGQnD
New
Malaysia

**DP** Posted at 2020-12-9 07:30
I have the same problem. I am furious!!!

The answer given by DJI is ridiculous.

I had the same issue as well and I am very unhappy with it
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_3wB5eLYmWjHH
New

United Kingdom

My drafts appear to save but then I can’t open them… Had this before & spoke to their customer service who advised I delete & reinstall the app, promising me I wouldn’t lose my work… Did this & all my videos I was working on vanished.
The app then worked for a while but now I have the same again & I’ve wasted too many hours editing videos that I’m now going to have to say goodbye too… Again!
Terrible app & terrible customer service
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_B89c5NFZ4rmI
New

Netherlands

Same problem. Please respond DJI!
How can we be absolutely sure NOTHING gets deleted without very clear consent of user. And how to make backups to another location? DJI you must be aware how important this is for content creators and the value of those edits.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_B89c5NFZ4rmI Posted at 8-25 14:31
Same problem. Please respond DJI!
How can we be absolutely sure NOTHING gets deleted without very clear consent of user. And how to make backups to another location? DJI you must be aware how important this is for content creators and the value of those edits.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If a “Draft damaged” warning is displayed for a draft in the DJI Mimo editor, a possible reason could be that the related material was deleted or “Clear Cache” was tapped, which resulted in a material failure. This is currently not recoverable. Please use it with caution and avoid deleting material by mistake. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules