Phantom 4 Stress cracks and DJI service problem.
1390 5 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pawel2m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi, we have sent Phantom 4 to DJI DE service for warranrty with classical crack near motor and of course landing gear small cracks in upper part.
And.... instead of normal warranty repair we got quoted on 160 Eur! When craft never have any hard landing and any kind of crash.

In the past we had many units with this problem and always was repaire on warranty. What is going on?

What is going on? CAS-3770586-Z6D1M7

Pawel

2019-11-26
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

last year with my p4p after 1 week of flying I noticed stress cracks after reading about them on this forum.
they charged me $120 US for a bird under warranty. for a known problem they refused to correct after several years of complaints.

it's theft imo, they use cheap plastic in construction. they could have used ABS plastic which is lighter and nearly indestructible.

no quality control on the sub contracted parts they purchase from cheap slave labor.

whole cities devoted to making individual parts, prop cty here, shell city over there, battery factory down the block...

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your case. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-11-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I  can confirm with my own P4P that it gained cracks in the legs and feet, theres even one that looks like a join its that blooming long, there is also a small hairline in the body where no crack should form in normal usage. not even going to start on the batteries,  for the cost of these toys you would have thought that they would be better, take a look at the Mavic plastic, its different, does that have the same issues, serious question, does it? If it does not then evidently  DJI  has  quietly  acknowledged the aforementioned issue
2019-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, it’s been an ongoing issue for several long years already.

It’s surprising that a better quality construction material hasn’t been used, for these rather high priced models.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-27
Use props
Lemotard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1882641 ft
Canada

Même chose sur mon P4
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now