Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2 versions mavic mini hardware
24893 56 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Z1en2IPx9Xdw
New

United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2019-11-26 07:42
Those are different sides of the PCB it would be interesting to see both sides in both versions.

Very true i heard about this on youtube
2020-4-5
Use props
deeexit

Slovenia

Hi guys. I'm new here, but not really new in embedded design. I've got my Mini a while back and since it is CE version I started to wonder what the differences are. I see you already did admirable work providing motherboards from both versions. Since it seems there are only 5.8GHz amps missing, it might be easier to mod with right parts. If you look at the mini specs you see that the advertised output power for 5.8GHz of CE version is the same as Atheros part, so meaning no amps connected to the RF output.

There might also be another path with adding external amplifiers, but I am yet to understand the basics of RF transmission here as providing amplified RF output still doesn't solve the needed sensitivity of the receiving part which datasheet states around -71. Since we can't really influence this part of the chip, we might try with better antennas? I've seen mini lift over 150g of cargo, so adding a few more grams might not affect overall characteristics. It seems there is much to do in the drone world...

Have fun guys and fly safe!
2020-7-20
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They learnt from their previous drones they can't simply use software to enable restrictions. Drones like the Mavic Air were easy to spoof location to enable fcc mode. It has more to do with having to comply with local regulations than anything sinister. It's easier for them to make one drone and just software mods, but it didn't work well in the past so they had to make it hardware/firmware based.
2020-7-20
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-13 04:44
There are other missing components in FCC vs CE combined picture.
For example: Two small chips missing in upper left corner of CE version below top red circle.

Yes and also smaller parts like smd resistors and capatisors.
2020-7-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Skydiver021 Posted at 7-20 13:01
Yes and also smaller parts like smd resistors and capatisors.

Gone are days when you could look at a component and know it was resistor, capacitor, inductor, diode, transistor, or a chip which had a part # you could cross reference.  Along with color codes giving you ohms, uH, or pF.
2020-7-20
Use props
deeexit

Slovenia

22340179 Posted at 7-20 12:50
They learnt from their previous drones they can't simply use software to enable restrictions. Drones like the Mavic Air were easy to spoof location to enable fcc mode. It has more to do with having to comply with local regulations than anything sinister. It's easier for them to make one drone and just software mods, but it didn't work well in the past so they had to make it hardware/firmware based.

That is understood. But still, adding your own RF amplifier should work. Id also love to get a hold of their command system so I can make a proper ground station without the controller.
2020-7-20
Use props
rodolfo.mendezbol.com.br
New

Brazil

uma pergunta? o rádio controle nao é diferente também pois uma placa e 2.4ghz e a outra 5ghz?
2020-9-18
Use props
zufanur-wolf
lvl.1

Indonesia

where i can buy by online, is ready stock?
2020-10-27
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-13 04:44
There are other missing components in FCC vs CE combined picture.
For example: Two small chips missing in upper left corner of CE version below top red circle.

not only the chips .... there is at least 32 capacitor/resistor missing on the CE version ....

same PCB but populated very diffrently on both side ...  from what i see .. you can all forget the idea to transform a CE board into FCC  if this is the plan ... too much work. trust me , 21 years working for IBM .. i'm used to see stuff like this.
2020-10-27
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

TruGreen Posted at 2019-11-26 08:32
this is wrong as well. in post #5 you have a totally different part circled... in this picture in Post #6 the little black square is covering what you have circled in post #5

That's the same pcb board with different version.. Big chunk of components are missing..
2020-10-30
Use props
djiuser_z34Z5TKVJ9LB
New

Bangladesh

what is the name of this??? and its  function??
2021-1-11
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

So 2021 has come... anybody offering a scan of a DJI Mini 2 board ?  ;)
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_BtZAS9MBNExU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1278294 ft
United States

Does anyone know if there is any other way that we can identify which board is installed in the mini, other than to. disassemble and inspect? ( serial number, etc..)  , Here is what happened to me a few months back:  I had a Mavic mini, that I received as a gift. The mini had just come out and I was already a M1P owner, so It was really fun to fly a small, somewhat as capable drone as the M1P and at such remarkable range that I was pretty blown away by how inexpensive it was for such a great product! I was flying everywhere, and the Range of the flights were amazing! I ended up cashing in on one of my Care Refresh Replacements, It is a great deal. However, the replacement that I received was nowhere near as thrilling to fly as the original one, and the range it was getting along with the steadiness and longevity of the video transmission were much diminished. Ultimately, during an at home, close range flight, the bird takes off over the trees completely unable to be controlled by me whatsoever! There are several warnings that were showing on the App, and RTH was unresponsive. I was immediately in fear that something terrible could happen to someone, or secondly someones property could be damaged and I could be held liable and Thirdly, not to mention, .. my $400 drone is gone!  Could this be a result of receiving a Replacement Mini with a CE board, and perhaps the original Mini that I had was built with the FCC version?
2021-1-21
Use props
Billy Thomson
New

United Kingdom

Here's my main board now dead an burnt after being in the canal for a few days
2021-3-22
Use props
Anurudda Abeykoon
New

Sri Lanka

Dear sir madam my drone is dji mini drone is no power sumtime on off i want buy in main pcb board what the resan to buy or repair
My email anuinnovationsl@gmail.com
0094 0703000935 wattapp
Pls saport me
2023-9-20
Use props
Anurudda Abeykoon
New

Sri Lanka

Dear sir madam my drone is dji mini drone is no power sumtime on off i want buy in main pcb board what the resan to buy or repair
0094 0703000935 wattapp
Pls saport me
2023-9-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anurudda Abeykoon Posted at 9-20 06:02
Dear sir madam my drone is dji mini drone is no power sumtime on off i want buy in main pcb board what the resan to buy or repair
0094 0703000935 wattapp

Buying a working second hand drone it probably going to be a cheaper option.
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules