866 5 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

hi DJI forum,

i asked myself today how i should store my batterys. How do you store your batterys ? inside the hub ?
in the MM manual it says you should not store your batterys longer than 10 days fully charged, so i decided to drain my battery to between 30-50%.

Second question i asked myself today is how a about draining the batterys before reaching the 10 day mark, and then charging them again back to 100%.
Main reason why i would do this is i want to be alltime ready to go outside and fly the MM.
i know i loose battery cycles, but is there something else why i shouldnt do this to my batterys ?

peace,
alex

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry, With regards to the DJI Mavic Mini Charging Hub. Yes, you can use it to store your DJI Mavic Mini Batteries.  If you have more inquiries and concern feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-26
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Also i noticed, if you charge just a single battery in the charging hub, the two empty slots get quite warm, but the one where the actual charging battery is in stays cold. Anyone noticed that too?
2019-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the MM are like other DJI Drones the batteries will self discharge to the appropriate percentage after a period of time
2019-11-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-26 22:51
If the MM are like other DJI Drones the batteries will self discharge to the appropriate percentage after a period of time

This is true, but Mini uses LiOns vs other drones using LiPos.  LiOn’s have a slower discharge rate than the polymers so I’d be curious to see how they go.  I found with my spark, after 10 days, it was about half flat from memory.
2019-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

One tip,  dont store the batteries anywhere too warm,  heat will damage the battery.
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules