Is the Mavic Mini worth it if you own an M2pro or zoom?
12Next >
2625 49 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me know if it's worth buying the mini if you own the m2pro or zoom.

Thank you,

Single SelectVote, Total 88 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-11-26
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I don’t have a M2 so can’t really say, but they are different drones for different purposes, so I think it’s a difficult comparison.  If features and quality are important, then the M2, but if you want portability and  longest possible flight times, then the Mini.
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I can think of 2 reasons:
- Fly in places you can't fly your bigger drone (<250 gr)
- Take it with you on trips where the weight / size differences matter (hikes or so)
2019-11-26
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

It totally depends on the person. A Mavic 2 owner might find a smaller drone a nice option for traveling if you want something that fits better in your luggage. Maybe you want a cheaper or more expendable drone for riskier environments. Or a smaller drone for tighter shots. Or a lighter drone for more safely flying near people. There's any number of reasons. If these types of use cases don't apply to you, there's no reason to get a Mavic Mini if you already have a better drone.
2019-11-26
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Size maybe but really, even a Mavic is small.

I am 6ft3" and 100kg. Whether I carry 250gr or 1kg makes little difference
2019-11-27
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I like the Mini - I can appreciate how good the M2 is all over again
2019-11-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

just buy one already, you know you want it

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2019-11-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own an M2P and the Mini.  I probably find myself flying the Mini more because it’s just so easy to take and throw it up.  It’s quiet, flys for a long time and takes reasonable photos and video.  I’d say yes.
2019-11-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on the situation. If you need something light and very portable, the mini is a good choice. If you're looking for 4k, very great video, probably want to stick with a M2. Of course if you can, having both would give you the choice no matter what the situation.
2019-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I own zoom and pro 1/2 and a mini , it’s good value
2019-11-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 07:19
I own zoom and pro 1/2 and a mini , it’s good value

I bought a MP1 fly more combo back in February from a very good friend for £250, what will another drone, whichever one you want to mention do that my very reliable MP1 won't do, unless you are heavily into videography. Don't get me wrong I love my toys but  2 or 3 of the same thing doesn't work for me.
2019-11-27
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not for me. I'll take a PASS.
2019-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UKMoose Posted at 11-27 08:20
I bought a MP1 fly more combo back in February from a very good friend for £250, what will another drone, whichever one you want to mention do that my very reliable MP1 won't do, unless you are heavily into videography. Don't get me wrong I love my toys but  2 or 3 of the same thing doesn't work for me.

Well a mavic mini will fit in my pocket, my M2P has a much improved camera also goes further and faster , my zoom can zoom, and I can enjoy all of them and they all can do different things .
2019-11-27
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

I may be traveling to Canada as pat of my summer RV trip. I'll take both with me (I own  M2P) as I can fly the mini in Canada without going through the hassles of registering with the draconian Canadian version of the FAA. If I am wrong about this please let me know.
2019-11-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

170 to 240 ms latency is pretty garbage.  I can really feel the difference in the Sparks latency vs the Ocusync 2.0 devices.
2019-11-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

like so many others, i have the mavic 2 zoom and the mini is cool but i miss the long range and the stability of the connection and the zoom lens.

but for sure, the mini feels just like a zoom after it gets up in the air and starts flying.  it will definitely go just as high.

i like the mini because it's much more portable, i can leave it in the car so i always have it with me, and for some reason, it seems to fly forever...often times i just return home on teh first battery because i feel it's time to stop flying on that battery.  long time.

not a fan of the mini because i'm starting to find out the limitations and the more i discover, the more it's starting to feel like i'm flying an expensive toy.  i miss my goggles and i miss my smc when i'm flying the mini.  and it's slow but it's exciting to fly because it's different, you just can't fly anywhere you want off in the distance (vlos mind you) because of the wind and no sensors.

sometimes you get tired of flying the m2 and you want something different.  flying a toy can be an advance when you're flying in places where it doesn't make sense to fly a full-size drone.
2019-11-27
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

In the philippines it won't matter because they only regulate with licence 15kg drones.. philippines isn't really strict and I think it should be lowered to 4kg and anything upwards needs licence.

249grams is only needed for north america and other countries.

The mavic 2 has better speed which is important for windy days. Better camera,range and not much bigger.

If you didn't have the m2 yet then mavic mini's price would beat it for sure but you already have the m2 so no need for mini.

2019-11-27
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

The Mini is part of the answer, if you feel the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom is too big and too heavy.
But with the current features/firmware of the Mini a lot features are missing. This is the price for the low price in comparison. What a next firmware of the Mini would provide is until now not said by DJI.
For me personally the price is not the decision maker.
What I saw so far in some rumor postings: obviously the Mavic 3 has the same size and weight as the Mavic 2. This would be a very bad news for me, if the rumors comes to truth.
I hoped, that a Mavic 3 comes near or in direction to the size and weight of an Air.
Perhaps DJI will force their consumers to have on the end 2 drones of DJI: one for professional video taking and one for spontaneous video taking.

2019-11-28
Use props
Roy Rogerstrade
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I Clicked on maybe . Dependes on the person . It travels easy and lauches quick . less video quality and not useful in wind . I your trying to not draw attention  its not too loud and ,well,.. Mini
2020-2-8
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2019-11-27 06:20
I own an M2P and the Mini.  I probably find myself flying the Mini more because it’s just so easy to take and throw it up.  It’s quiet, flys for a long time and takes reasonable photos and video.  I’d say yes.

I fully agree.
2020-2-8
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

MM is only needed if you travel a lot and, or where there are restrictions or difficulties in obtaining permission to fly with a weight limit of 250 grams.

Comparing MM with MPRO2 is like comparing a Mercedes-Benz car with a Lada VAZ car!
2020-2-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alevpi Posted at 2-8 21:23
MM is only needed if you travel a lot and, or where there are restrictions or difficulties in obtaining permission to fly with a weight limit of 250 grams.

Comparing MM with MPRO2 is like comparing a Mercedes-Benz car with a Lada VAZ car!

Don't know what a Lada Vaz car is, but I will have to agree that M2pro is the ultimate drone to have.
2020-2-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Lucas775 Posted at 2-8 23:06
Don't know what a Lada Vaz car is, but I will have to agree that M2pro is the ultimate drone to have.

Here we go, I was curious about what a Lada Var car was... Some Russian car which looks like a mercedes lol

2020-2-9
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I have found the MM with much less power than the bigger DJI drones is a lot easier to fly. Small movements on the sticks translate into small variances in the movement of the MM. The larger more powerful drones are inclined to react a lot more to and movement of the sticks making flying in tight s,all places a lot more risky.

I would love to have the googles working on the MM and try some FPV flying with the MM should be great fun.
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-9 01:52
Here we go, I was curious about what a Lada Var car was... Some Russian car which looks like a mercedes lol

[view_image]

A copy cat maybe?
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 2-9 02:24
I have found the MM with much less power than the bigger DJI drones is a lot easier to fly. Small movements on the sticks translate into small variances in the movement of the MM. The larger more powerful drones are inclined to react a lot more to and movement of the sticks making flying in tight s,all places a lot more risky.

I would love to have the googles working on the MM and try some FPV flying with the MM should be great fun.

I agree FPV and MM would be a great fun.
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 2-9 02:24
I have found the MM with much less power than the bigger DJI drones is a lot easier to fly. Small movements on the sticks translate into small variances in the movement of the MM. The larger more powerful drones are inclined to react a lot more to and movement of the sticks making flying in tight s,all places a lot more risky.

I would love to have the googles working on the MM and try some FPV flying with the MM should be great fun.

I agree FPV and MM would be a great fun.
2020-2-9
Use props
Steve Tron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287001 ft
United Kingdom

I own both the MP2 is ideal for planned outings whilst I find the MM perfect for just those adhoc spur of the moment  trips, just take it and go :-)
2020-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Steve Tron Posted at 2-9 02:55
I own both the MP2 is ideal for planned outings whilst I find the MM perfect for just those adhoc spur of the moment  trips, just take it and go :-)

That’s about it I feel same myself about these two craft .
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steve Tron Posted at 2-9 02:55

That is one thing I miss about my Mavic Air after I sold it.
2020-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-9 10:27
That is one thing I miss about my Mavic Air after I sold it.

just buy the MM
2020-2-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

MM is only needed if you travel a lot and, or where there are restrictions or difficulties in obtaining permission to fly with a weight limit of 250 grams.

Comparing a MM to a M2P is more like comparing an A class Mercedes with a S class Mercedes.  I would go as far as saying anything DJI makes is better then any LADA.
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand how people aren't comparing the latency.
2020-2-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 21:04
I don't understand how people aren't comparing the latency.

50ms of latency difference is not much of an issue if your cruising around in a MINI
2020-2-10
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2-10 12:54
Comparing a MM to a M2P is more like comparing an A class Mercedes with a S class Mercedes.  I would go as far as saying anything DJI makes is better then any LADA.

My father had a VAZ-2101, aged 30 years, which stood motionless for 5 years in a cold garage, then my father and I argued whether the car would start or not, after such a downtime, and it started the first time!
And Mercedes-Benz can do that?!
And DJI?!
2020-2-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

MM is only needed if you travel a lot and, or where there are restrictions or difficulties in obtaining permission to fly with a weight limit of 250 grams.

I don't think anybody compared the Mini to the M2P. The question is whether it's worth getting ALSO a Mini, not replacing the M2P/M2Z.
2020-2-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2-10 21:15
50ms of latency difference is not much of an issue if your cruising around in a MINI

I know the M2 latency says what it is but it feels a lot laggier because the Ocusync Air has the same latency but feel is more instant.
2020-2-11
Use props
Asimo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042762 ft
Indonesia

Yes!
I have mini, air, 2pro

Why i buy mini, because..

Air only can fly 13 minutes
2pro too big and heavy..

So for traveling i choose mini or air.
2 pro for i got extra money (wedding job, mapping, etc)

And, mini don't have collision sensor, so i can fly more enjoyable and fun! lol
2020-2-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Asimo Posted at 2-11 20:11
Yes!
I have mini, air, 2pro

Good to know, thank you for your input.
2020-2-11
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I depends what your needs are.  It is small and doesn't inspire as much fear in drone haters.  It can go in tight places.  It's batteries are not as maintenance intensive and are normally ready to fly.
2020-5-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules