850 4 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,Can someone please clarify..  
If the mini looses controller signal completely, whether due to range or some other issue.  Does the onboard GPS in the MINI remain active?
I'm guessing it MUST, otherwise how can it perform a RTH if it does'nt know where it is in relation to the start point to get back to.
There are some users online, who think that if the mini loses its signal, it just goes dumb and you lose the drone.  -  I'm guessing this might only happen if user was 'impatient' and didn't let thr drone register its start point before flying off.
Can perhaps a DJI employee here carify the proceedure the Drone goes through if it looses the controller signal completely..
Many Thanks
Al
2019-11-27
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

As far as I know it should automatically intiate RTH if the signal is lost. Then when the drone comes near enough you can take the controls again.
2019-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If it loses signal it will Rth , however if it has weak gps and loses signal it will just land.
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as the compass and GPS is working it will RTH, otherwise it will auto land.
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Mavic Mini has a built-in GPS, If the drone experience a strong magnetic interference or lost signal the RTH will enable. Please note that, when the GPS signal is strong, the aircraft will return to home. However, If the GPS signal is weak, the aircraft will hover (if the GPS signal does not get stronger, the aircraft will hover for three seconds to prevent itself from drifting because of the poor GPS signal), and then the aircraft will land. I will highly recommend before the flight, go to “Safety” and set the RTH altitude higher than that of the tallest building in the surrounding area. Users can set the RTH altitude from 20 m to the max flight altitude. Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules