Support of EXTERNAL REMOTE hardware controller e.g. for pan & tilt
669 2 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ceracongermany
New
Germany

Hi DJI Forum,

I bought the Osmo Pocket mainly for the reason it could be wirelessly remotely controlled when it comes to pan and tilt operations. This is done via WiFi adapter and by help of the virtual joystick buttons directly on the app screen. This is a good start, but in practice, it's hard to do a smooth and precisely controlled pan and tilt of the camera system. It often results in unwanted movements of the camera (even with separated virtual joystick controls) which makes repeated video shots necessary. It would be much more easier and comfortable if there would be an external hardware device that even gives you a tactile feedback - like the external control wheel accesoire gives you, that you released recently for controlling those movements precisely when directly connected to the camera. I would love to have such an option remotely.

So I did some trials with the app on my phone external standard equipment like an external keyboard/mouse and even a playstation controller. The last one, I find especially appropriate for such a job while I has those hardware joysticks that would be perfect to control those pan and tilt movements on the cam. But unfortunaley, the MIMO app is not ready to be controlled by such external equipment when it comes to those virtual joysticks. E.g. I can jump from item to item within the app pressing the tab-key of an external keyboard, but those virual joystick is passed over not included in those tab positions. The only possible way today to affect those joysticks with external control equipment today is clicking and pulling them by an external mouse. But unfortunately, this is not very comfortable and arouses the same unwanted movements, like it does by controlling it directly by finger on the screen.

Dear DJI team, do you understand my issue? Are there any chances of getting that solved? Are there any others in this community facing the same specific problem?
Best,
Markus
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think we need DJI to release an SDK and then this could be achieved.
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to us with your insights with regards to this matter. Your query and suggestions are very important to us. I will forward this recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support,
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules