Jittery video using with IphoneX & Osmo mobile 3
3384 21 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

Dear all,

I did a an important video shoot (drag race for a online car magazine yesterday, and after playing back my videos, I was shocked at viewing jittery footage, worse thanI can take with-out the Osmo. It's the 1st time something like this happen to me, and it's a shame it had to happen on a shoot that one can't just do over.

Any similar experiences? (with cures?

Help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Nico
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you got a sample clip you can post.  Failing that have you tried to stabilise the video in editing software.
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 03:37
Have you got a sample clip you can post.  Failing that have you tried to stabilise the video in editing software.

Hi there, thanks for your response. I haven't tried stabilising it. I gave the footage to the editor and 1st want to find out what went wrong as I know there's a problem..

I can ad a sample video here from the footage. test sample for shaky video from OsmoMobile3
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 04:46
Hi there, thanks for your response. I haven't tried stabilising it. I gave the footage to the editor and 1st want to find out what went wrong as I know there's a problem..

I can ad a sample video here from the footage. test sample for shaky video from OsmoMobile3

I did ad the link, but can't see it. Let me try again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8mrtiiadz33qkw/AAB1P-4wPajqzR5j4Z9dJpcka?dl=0
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 04:48
I did ad the link, but can't see it. Let me try again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8mrtiiadz33qkw/AAB1P-4wPajqzR5j4Z9dJpcka?dl=0

That looks like a conflict with the optical stabilisation in the phone camera.  Theres' an example here about it with a possible solution -
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I imported your clip into FCPX and it stabilised the footage, although it does crop in slightly to do it.
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you post an example?
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 05:05
I imported your clip into FCPX and it stabilised the footage, although it does crop in slightly to do it.

Hi there, ok, that is good to know,

Thanks for posting the video about using the magnet. If I have to use a magnet, I hope its only a temp sulution, and that they will be able to get it fixed via software.. (I wonder if there's a way to switch off the auto stabilisation in my IphoneX.

Well, the weird thing still, I didn't had the jittery problem until now..
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 05:37
Can you post an example?

Do you want another example?
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 05:55

Where do I find the other?
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 05:55

Here's your clip after being stabilised.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk3lcxhfh1qfatz/JitterFixed.m4v?dl=1
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 06:36
Here's your clip after being stabilised.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk3lcxhfh1qfatz/JitterFixed.m4v?dl=1

Hi! Thats all the jitter gone. So the software you used. Is it free software? I have many clips I need to get fixed. The company will be so happy if I can get all fixed. (And further work with them is dependant on these clips being fixed!

Thanks again. (Where are you based?)
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 10:42
Hi! Thats all the jitter gone. So the software you used. Is it free software? I have many clips I need to get fixed. The company will be so happy if I can get all fixed. (And further work with them is dependant on these clips being fixed!

Thanks again. (Where are you based?)

Hi,

Ok, I understand now. You used final cut pro. I have been toying with the idea of bying myself a copy of it. Have you used premiere pro before? I find it very time consuming and haven't looked into final cut pro yet. I have only been using imovie up till now, and it will probably not fix the clips like fcpx
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 05:37
Can you post an example?

Hey Montfrooij, sorry, I only saw later that you were someone different also offering your help. It's my 1st time on the forum.

Thanks anyway.
Nico
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 10:59
Hey Montfrooij, sorry, I only saw later that you were someone different also offering your help. It's my 1st time on the forum.

Thanks anyway.

No problem.
Did you get a solution?
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-27 10:50
Hi,

Ok, I understand now. You used final cut pro. I have been toying with the idea of bying myself a copy of it. Have you used premiere pro before? I find it very time consuming and haven't looked into final cut pro yet. I have only been using imovie up till now, and it will probably not fix the clips like fcpx

Ive not used Premiere Pro,  in FCPX you just tick a box to stabilise the video and leave it to do its thing.  
2019-11-27
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 23:41
Ive not used Premiere Pro,  in FCPX you just tick a box to stabilise the video and leave it to do its thing.

Wow, ok.

I guess I can try it in Imovie, but I don't have much hope with Imovie. I would love to get FCPX, but don't have the money right now for it. I don't want to miss use your offer, but if you are willing to stabilise a few clips for me, let me know and I'll send a dropbox link for you.
2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-28 01:22
Wow, ok.

I guess I can try it in Imovie, but I don't have much hope with Imovie. I would love to get FCPX, but don't have the money right now for it.  I don't want to miss use your offer, but if you are willing to stabilise a few clips for me, let me know and I'll send a dropbox link for you.

Sure PM me a link.
2019-11-28
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 01:25
Sure PM me a link.

Wow, DAFlys, that is very generous of you. (I know I probably don't have to say this, but because this is for the company I'm working for, I have to emphasise, the footage is sensitive currently and not for public sharing.)

I am just going to take time and filter the ones out that I won't be using.
The footage were shot in 4K, I guess when you write it out to max resolution that you can?

Thanks again!
Nico
2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-28 02:01
Wow, DAFlys, that is very generous of you. (I know I probably don't have to say this, but because this is for the company I'm working for, I have to emphasise, the footage is sensitive currently and not for public sharing.)

I am just going to take time and filter the ones out that I won't be using.

Sure,  not a problem, PM me when you're ready.
2019-11-28
Use props
NicoBoshoff
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 02:19
Sure,  not a problem, PM me when you're ready.

Pm,d you. Will it be possible for me to have the footage tomorrow?

Thanks again my friend.
Nico
2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

NicoBoshoff Posted at 11-28 04:34
Pm,d you. Will it be possible for me to have the footage tomorrow?

Thanks again my friend.

Got it,  will try and do them all this afternoon.  I'll PM you later.
2019-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules