539 2 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

hi DJI enthusiasts,

am i right that the obstacle avoidence from bigger DJI drones is managed by an front facing camera ?
if it is wouldnt it be possible to use the main camera from the MM for an obstacle avoidence feature while perfoming RTH after signal loss ?

by the way, this is the official DJI Forum, is someone here that is really working for DJI ? cause i just read answers from the very nice and kind, quick responding mods ?

have a nice evening!

2019-11-27
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

"...am i right..."
Partially. Other drones use more (optical) sensors and also another type = ultrasonic.
All missing in MavMini so... Do you really ask about obstacle avoidence when they cannot fix app to unlock flyzones ?
I am VERY sceptical.

2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and welcome to DJI Forum! The DJI Mavic Mini does not have the obstacle avoidance function and we cannot use the main camera of the drone to use as an obstacle avoidance sensor. Also, I will highly recommend before the flight, go to “Safety” and set the RTH altitude higher than that of the tallest building in the surrounding area. Users can set the RTH altitude from 20 m to the max flight altitude.  Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules