Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues solved or not?
1158 8 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

As Christmas Holidays are approaching quick I would like to ask EU Mini owners to give me your honest feedback on the drone. I've expressed my discontent regarding the lack of 4K and front sensors several times but I might still get it for me and 2 more for my nephews as at 400€ it is very affordable. The question(s) is:

1. How is the range in the city compared to the Spark, how far can you get without losing connection?
2. What is going on with the fly aways, is it serious or just a few cases?
3. Jello footage seems to appear frecuently, from my older BeBop, it used to be caused by unbalanced props. How many of you are experiencing this?
4. The insufficient power issue should have been solved by now with the new props and fw update. Can you please confirm?

Thank you all in advance

IMPORTANT NOTICE: WALMART007 I AM NOT INTERESTED AT ALL ON YOUR OPINION SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM COMMENTING, THANK YOU.
2019-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Theres a range comparison available here -
2019-11-29
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 03:22
Theres a range comparison available here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_mU6i-vF70

Appreciate it, I will have a look asap
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In my opinion the MM is the best you get for this price.
4K is not that important with the plastic lenses that most drones have nowadays (they don't resolve enough details for 4K resolution).
If you look at 300% comparison between M2P and MM the MM is holding up very well.
(especially considering the price point).

I do share your concerns about the connection. It seems considerably less good as what you get with occusync.
BUT in most situations you probably won't notice the difference (since you can't fly too far away in the EU with the Line Of Sight rules we have anyway)

The flyaways that I have read about were related to human decisions, sometimes combined with the 'less solid' (so it seems) hardware of the mini.
It looks as if there is less margin for human error with the mini compared to the mavic pro etc.
But people also had fly aways with Mavic Pro's etc. so you will always here about fly aways I guess.

I can't speak about the jello since I have not seen details about that.
Power issue is evident, since the MM is a less powerful drone.
But if you stay close (line of sight) you should be good.
Again, the room for errors seems less than with the bigger drones.

2019-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The ripple effect will hopefully be fixed in firmware at some point, but in the mean time Im sure if you cropped in by 1% it would remove it.  More details about that are here -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2019-11-29
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 04:52
4K is not that important with the plastic lenses that most drones have nowadays (they don't resolve enough details for 4K resolution).
If you look at 300% comparison between M2P and MM the MM is holding up very well.
Actually the Mini camera lens IS glass, there is no skimping in the quality dept, that' partly why it does look so good. :-)
2019-11-29
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 05:08
The ripple effect will hopefully be fixed in firmware at some point, but in the mean time Im sure if you cropped in by 1% it would remove it.  More details about that are here -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202436&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

Great info, thanks man!
2019-11-29
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 04:52

Thanks Montfrooij, I think I might buy them, just for the fun of it.
Pity it cannot replace my M2P on long hikes but it is fine for daily trips with the little one I guess...

Have a nice weekend.
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PhasedSpaces Posted at 11-29 05:28
Err... the lens IS glass..  just because it is small & not 4k, doesn't mean it is any less in the quality dept..

Sorry. It was a metaphor for small, lightweight, lens.
If you look at the raw output of the Mavic 2 Pro (not the corrected jpeg) or Phantom 4 Pro you can see what I mean.
Or any lower end point and shoot camera for that matter.
The distortion and vignetting are very heavy and need a lot of correction which does compromise the level of detail you get in the final output (jpeg / or video).
I have not seen raw output from the mini (since we can't) but my assumption is that it will be equal or worse than with the M2P / P4P.
So hence my statement that you don't really need 4K since the image correction will make the details fade so much that the 2.7 K is more than enough.
The other day one of the forum members made a great comparison at 300% where the 2.7K footage from the Mini (upscaled to 4K) looked really close to the M2P footage.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules