1724 34 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally got my Mavic Mini FMC!! Received it this morning. I've flown it indoors for a little bit and I'm busting at the seams to go outside and fly!!

Finally

Finally
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this with us. We're glad that you already receive your DJI Mavic Mini and now ready to fly. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Cheers!
2019-11-29
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Congrats Jody! Don’t forget that preflight checklist!!
2019-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have to say you have been most patient man ever around here, and for that you deserve it more than most,  I wish you the very best of Luck , take your time and enjoy.
2019-11-29
Use props
ToneStar
lvl.1
United States

Congrats man! I got mine this afternoon but unfortunately I have to go to work...so no play time today.
2019-11-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone. I know it’s going to be a blast. It had been raining earlier, but now the rain is clear but is still overcast, makes me want to get out there!! I’m expecting some company over in a little bit so we may all go to the park and let the kids play while I do some flying and taking pictures and filming the family!!
2019-11-29
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-29 11:21
Thanks everyone. I know it’s going to be a blast. It had been raining earlier, but now the rain is clear but is still overcast, makes me want to get out there!! I’m expecting some company over in a little bit so we may all go to the park and let the kids play while I do some flying and taking pictures and filming the family!!

Good for you man.
Don't forget to wait till enough sats are locked in.

ENJOY!!!!!

2019-11-29
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Gratz Jody - enjoy - honestly flying a Mini is a blast (altuough there were obvious problems with the Dji Fly app) And after seeing some crash/Fly away videos of mavic minis - I feel like a collision with a bird seemed like the culprit - as for me after a 5km fly distance - no problems whatsoever - fingers crossed this experince Will remain... Maybe I'll put on Yellow/black stickers just to ve sure (to discourage birds from approinching the mavic mini - some guy on the forum said, that afterwards his problems with birds ceased to be)
2019-11-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks so much!!!

ok, just took it outside in the front yard and performed calibrations and pre-flight. Flew very low altitude around the yard so as to get used to the camera controls and how she flies. Now I really see why everyone wants a DJI!!! I took it up to about 300 feet and panned around to see the neighborhood. Then I flew it out about 400' and back. By the time I did all that, the battery was complaining of being low so I brought it back in and stuck the battery back in the charger for when the company comes over and we go to the park. All in all, I'm very impressed and I'm loving it!
2019-11-29
Use props
StefanMalloch
lvl.2
Canada

Pretty fun little beast!
2019-11-29
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 11-29 12:31
Thanks so much!!!

I got myself a "fly more combo" and i already consider getting an extra battery, just because i could fit in total of 4 batteries in a package (1 in a drone and 3 inside the "multicharging chasis") the 100Wh powerbank will come in handy too!
2019-11-29
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

Congrats, I'm glad you finally got it. It's going to be the best Black Friday you've ever had.
2019-11-29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

congrats. Still waiting for mine to be shipped. everything else shipped though like the charging base and Mini bag just not the Mini
2019-11-29
Use props
MSTRSEN
New
United States

congrats !!! I got mine today as well but I cant fly due to two things, One the president keeps coming to florida and i live in the NFZ and two the mini cannot authorize.
cant even fly indoors sucks to be me
2019-11-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

unedited, playing around video. Just went to the park to let the kids play for a few minutes and to see how well I like the new bird. I have to say I love it. I was just messing around when I shot the video too so it's nothing fancy at all.

2019-11-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

finally! Jody got his Mini yaaaa lol
2019-11-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-29 17:32
finally! Jody got his Mini yaaaa lol

LOL!! Bob, I love you man!! In a brotherly way of course!!!
2019-11-29
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

SUPER!  JodyB , got his little-fella, bet you are going to have lots of enjoyment, and already you are doing a video of the kids, just one of the many good thing you will do with it.  Stay happy, fly safe, and thanks for sharing.
2019-11-29
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

It's good to see you've got your Mini; you sure have been patient. Have fun!
2019-11-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The park we were at serves as the dam for a local lake. Here’s a shot of it. I think that was about 150’ in altitude. The road going across the dam it right at the 100’. Makes me crave spring time with the foliage is out.
5AC2DC9F-02D3-43E9-9E86-3BD4A899EE65.jpeg
2019-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Oh man finally!! No happy dance!?  lol
I have to agree with others, you have been one of the most patience people on this forum, you truly deserve some blue skies soon to enjoy the mini!
One question, no prop guards indoors? brave!
Really happy for you man, have fun and keep us posted!
2019-11-30
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Patience rewarded. Enjoy your safe flying.
2019-11-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-30 02:13
Oh man finally!! No happy dance!?  lol
I have to agree with others, you have been one of the most patience people on this forum, you truly deserve some blue skies soon to enjoy the mini!
One question, no prop guards indoors? brave!

Absolutely there was a happy dance and I’m actually still happy dancing!! LOL I’ve never flown with any kind of a prop guard to be honest. I know what happens if you fly a drone with only vps indoors in poor lighting too. They go  crazy looking for the floor and fly erratic. That’s something I don’t do for sure!!

Sadly it’s been raining today though. Giving snow for Monday though so that might make for some interesting shots too!!!
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-30 10:45
Absolutely there was a happy dance and I’m actually still happy dancing!! LOL I’ve never flown with any kind of a prop guard to be honest. I know what happens if you fly a drone with only vps indoors in poor lighting too. They go  crazy looking for the floor and fly erratic. That’s something I don’t do for sure!!

Sadly it’s been raining today though. Giving snow for Monday though so that might make for some interesting shots too!!!

I see. Since is my very first drone, I haven't felt conformable without them and actually they have save me already from a few branches. Yesterday I took them off, and what an experience, the agility, the aerodynamics and the battery life! wow.

Snow will for sure deliver some awesome shots! cant wait to see them!
I´ve been too busy learning, testing, that I still didn´t put a video together but I will!
Happy flying Jody!
2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats!
Have fun
2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 11-29 15:55
unedited, playing around video. Just went to the park to let the kids play for a few minutes and to see how well I like the new bird. I have to say I love it. I was just messing around when I shot the video too so it's nothing fancy at all.

Feels very stable
2019-11-30
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

It's been to windy and/or cold for me to fly since i received my Mini. So i have been grounded for a couple weeks with 4 drones sitting
2019-11-30
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Jody.  Finally!   A word of caution.  For indoors, use the prop guards.  I’m very happy for you.  
2019-11-30
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

just an advise for all new pilots: get yourself a $15 little drone and learn to fly at home. it's fun, they crash at no cost. you will feel comfortable and have much more fun flying bigger drones outside.

congrats on new drone , hope it will last for more than just a few days.
2019-11-30
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Can you post dates when you ordered, shipped, and received?  Many have not followed.  
2019-12-1
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

CONGRATULATIONS!! Now to enjoy and have a great time with your new 'toy'. Regarding the video, very good camera movement and smoothness, to be able to show the virtues and defects of this type of devices, it is best to do it the way you have done , the video in "RAW" without editing of any kind, just as it is. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.
2019-12-1
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

wow congrat bro
2019-12-1
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Minnesota Posted at 12-1 02:06
Can you post dates when you ordered, shipped, and received?  Many have not followed.

Ordered 11/01/2019 received 11/27/2019. I’m just glad it came before the estimated ship date of 12/06/2019 that’s for sure!!
2019-12-1
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

Gu5s Posted at 11-29 11:28
Gratz Jody - enjoy - honestly flying a Mini is a blast (altuough there were obvious problems with the Dji Fly app) And after seeing some crash/Fly away videos of mavic minis - I feel like a collision with a bird seemed like the culprit - as for me after a 5km fly distance - no problems whatsoever - fingers crossed this experince Will remain... Maybe I'll put on Yellow/black stickers just to ve sure (to discourage birds from approinching the mavic mini - some guy on the forum said, that afterwards his problems with birds ceased to be)

That is  interesting.  I have problems with fairy terns here on St Helena.  At the end of the day it is there space, home and territory.  But on a lighter note...maybe they think its a giant bee and don't worry about it lol
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules