123Next >
24703 94 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vcsbX8bTC2Z3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3784783 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem! No problems in the list before this error max power load reached...It happens in the Speed mode by the second battery. It turns in a circle. What to do? I thought this problem will occur more often and maybe a crahs... Thank you for answer
Screenshot_20200101-140941_Chrome.jpg
2020-1-1
Use props
aows
New

Spain

Same problem here. Got my Mini 3 days ago and already "crashed it" (it crashed itself) 4 times (out of 7 flights outdoors). Luckily I was still testing it so I wasn't too far or too high, the first time scared me quite a bit because it started to fall down and it didn't respond to the controls. The second time I was kind of expecting it, I grabbed it with my hand (hurt one of my fingers). Third time I wasn't so lucky and wasn't able to grab it, scratch my face. After those 3 times I decided to ground it, but as soon as I got home I saw an update (the 0.40 or whatever name was, from Dec 31st) so I updated the drone and the app. I had 3 successful flights where I was gaining some confidence and flew quite high and far. I thought the issue was fixed, until this morning when I flew it again. Saw the same message and after a few seconds the drone just falls from the sky. It happens with the 3 of my batteries, I tried replacing the propellers and still happens. Mine is going back, we'll see what DJI has to say about this issue. My confidence on this little drone is very low as of right now.
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Last night I updated to 1.0.4.  Testing @5150' elevation, indoors with prop guards, Mini would get down to 50% battery, and be unable to fly up more than 1 foot above the floor!  No amount of upward stick could raise drone.

Tried second battery with exact same result.

I replaced all four pairs of prop blades and used third battery.  At that point, the drone flew normally for a reasonable length of time.  I landed after battery got down below 20%.

So new prop blades made a big difference for me.

However.  I have not updated firmware in the batteries yet, and supposedly, that is necessary.  I never saw any indication that the batteries needed an update, but supposedly that indication is hard to see if the control is set to display drone camera immediately, which mine was.

So there are two variables at work.  New Firmware/software without updating batteries to match AND the new prop blades.

I recommend updating your batteries' firmware AND trying new prop blades.
2020-1-2
Use props
aows
New

Spain

I had no idea the batteries needed an update. I just updated one and flew the mini indoors with the prop guards with no problem for 20 minutes until the battery got down to 14%. At that point I got the message "max power load reached" again, but the drone didn't fall like it does when it's outdoors. Tomorrow I will be updating the other 2 batteries and I'll test it outside to see if that makes any difference. Just in case, and before sending it to DJI.

You can always exit the camera view and go back to the main screen, it should tell you if there's an update for the battery. That's what I did.
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 2019-12-29 21:41
I think at or near sea level, the drone will be more forgiving of slight variations in the shape of the propellers.  At higher elevations, you need every advantage you can get.  The drone has to spin the props faster to achieve the same amount of thrust, so everything becomes more critical.

Either way, if you do have a blade or blades that have gotten bent/deformed somewhat, that alteration in their shape could affect the lift they provide, so if someone has blades that have taken a "set" to a shape somewhat different than what they're supposed to have, they may benefit from installing new blades.

I saw those same reviews. They were done by youtuber Potato Jet. They must have been taken down. The only video on the mini I see from him now is one saying he was wrong about the mini.
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

aows Posted at 1-2 12:50
I had no idea the batteries needed an update. I just updated one and flew the mini indoors with the prop guards with no problem for 20 minutes until the battery got down to 14%. At that point I got the message "max power load reached" again, but the drone didn't fall like it does when it's outdoors. Tomorrow I will be updating the other 2 batteries and I'll test it outside to see if that makes any difference. Just in case, and before sending it to DJI.

You can always exit the camera view and go back to the main screen, it should tell you if there's an update for the battery. That's what I did.

That's what I had to do.  I got my batteries updated just now.  I had to use the "go back" button to get back to the opening screen.  And there, I did get the update battery firmware notification for two of the batteries.  The third one was already up to date because it was the one in the drone when I updated its firmware last night.

I do think having good propellers and making sure the batteries' firmware matches the drone's firmware are very important, especially with the prop guards in place and at high elevations.

I wonder how many crashes have been caused by not having the battery firmware up to date.  DJI should probably include a check for this before it allows you to fly, just as the new firmware now checks for 8 satellites locked or enough light.

If I hadn't read about the batteries needing to be updated on this forum, I would have never realized that it was necessary.
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-2 13:19
I saw those same reviews. They were done by youtuber Potato Jet. They must have been taken down. The only video on the mini I see from him now is one saying he was wrong about the mini.

Thank you for that.  I knew I wasn't imagining things!  ;)

I'll bet DJI requested he take those down.  That's too bad, actually.  I didn't think they reflected badly on the Mini.  To me, they showed that DJI was responsive to a problem that had been discovered.
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-2 15:54
Thank you for that.  I knew I wasn't imagining things!  ;)

I'll bet DJI requested he take those down.  That's too bad, actually.  I didn't think they reflected badly on the Mini.  To me, they showed that DJI was responsive to a problem that had been discovered.

No you weren’t imagining. He almost lost that mini in that first video too. I would say you are right about them being asked to take them down. He does mention the new props in the only Mavic mini video he has now too.
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-2 16:24
No you weren’t imagining. He almost lost that mini in that first video too. I would say you are right about them being asked to take them down. He does mention the new props in the only Mavic mini video he has now too.

That video that he still has up does say that the original video he made was with a prototype version of the Mini.  And he says that DJI worked with him when he reported the problems at higher elevations, and then came out with the better propellers and a firmware update.  He makes it sound like nobody should be getting the original type prop blades if they buy a production model of the Mini.

I'm not sure if the one that's up now is the same as the one I saw before or not.

So at least one the two original videos is gone, and perhaps the one that's up now is an edited version of the second one, or maybe I'm just not remembering it perfectly.

I still think there was nothing in either of the first two that made me think less of DJI or the Mini.  It seemed like they identified an issue and fixed it.  Nothing wrong with that!  I saw those videos before I ordered my Mini.  If anything, they made me want it more.

The only thing that wasn't clear in my mind in the first videos was that the drone he was flying was a prototype.  He stresses that in the existing video, and I don't remember that from before, but again, I could be wrong.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if he edited things now to assure people that they will not be getting the old style prop blades when they buy a production model of the Mini.

And if some of the original blades did go out with Minis, maybe DJI doesn't want to be sending out free replacement blade kits with the new style blades if they can avoid that.

But if some Minis did go out with the old style blades, it would explain why swapping out the blades seems to have cured the "drop down" issue for people who have had this problem and done the blade replacement "fix".

I did not control all of the variables except for one, as one should for a good scientific experiment.

I put the new firmware into my controller and drone (and presumably the one battery that was in the drone) AND put the new app version on my phone.

But two of my three batteries did NOT get updated to the new firmware at that time.

But I still had the original prop blades installed.  Then I tested things with the prop guards installed, in my office last night.  I ran it with two full batteries, and with both of them, when the battery got down to 50% power, the drone dropped down to about 1 foot over the floor and could not be coaxed into rising up any higher than that.  In both cases, I still ran the drone until the batteries were down to around 25% power, and then landed.  So I was hovering at about 1 foot above the floor that whole time.  Very strange!

Next, I put the new prop blades on every corner of the drone, put in the last battery (which may well have been the one that DID get updated to the new firmware), and the drone then flew fine with the prop guards in place, all the way down to when I landed at about 15% battery power.  I even had the confidence to fly directly over our operating water treatment filters at work, knowing that if the drone dipped down, it would have been swallowed up in the filters.

So either having the mismatched battery firmware was causing the "drop down" phenomenon OR the new prop blades cured it.  But I can't know exactly which!

It was not a properly controlled experiment.

So I obviously needed to have taken notes to control all of the possible variables here.  Bad science!   Ooops.

A test I will try when I get a chance is to attempt flying with the heavier PGYTECH aftermarket drone cage that I could not fly with at all with the old blades.  With that device attached, the drone went into an immediate uncontrollable spin as soon as I lifted off.  This was in my office at work. I landed right away, and have not tried that thing again since.  But I'll give it another try.

If it works OK now, then either the new firmware helps OR the new blades help, or both.  I still cannot easily change just one variable at a time (as I should for a proper scientific experiment) unless I want to set everything back to the previous firmware and app versions OR try putting the old prop blades back on.  And frankly, I'm feeling a bit too lazy to test that.  The threadlocker on the screws is probably only good for one use since they insist on using new screws for each blade change.

I could put my own VibraTite on them, I suppose, but again, I'm feeling sort of lazy!

Still, I will see how it flies at this elevation with the heavier PGYTECH Lightweight Protective Cage for DJI Mavic Mini.  As I said, that unit made the Mini go into a spin immediately after taking off when I tried it with the old blades and 1.0.3 software/firmware.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_dmJNHkKUaNrI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1289 ft
India

aows Posted at 1-2 10:37
Same problem here. Got my Mini 3 days ago and already "crashed it" (it crashed itself) 4 times (out of 7 flights outdoors). Luckily I was still testing it so I wasn't too far or too high, the first time scared me quite a bit because it started to fall down and it didn't respond to the controls. The second time I was kind of expecting it, I grabbed it with my hand (hurt one of my fingers). Third time I wasn't so lucky and wasn't able to grab it, scratch my face. After those 3 times I decided to ground it, but as soon as I got home I saw an update (the 0.40 or whatever name was, from Dec 31st) so I updated the drone and the app. I had 3 successful flights where I was gaining some confidence and flew quite high and far. I thought the issue was fixed, until this morning when I flew it again. Saw the same message and after a few seconds the drone just falls from the sky. It happens with the 3 of my batteries, I tried replacing the propellers and still happens. Mine is going back, we'll see what DJI has to say about this issue. My confidence on this little drone is very low as of right now.

I am facing the same issue with Mini. It happened twice in my case, once before 31st Dec update and once after the update (before I updated the battery firmware).  Mini started descending on its own and the sticks weren't responding. I had to catch it and got hurt. Contacted DJI support regarding this and they asked me to refresh the firmware through DJI Assistant 2.  I haven't done enough testing since the battery update. This is scary as I bought the drone from the US and lives in India. I will have to pay for the repair here.
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-2 21:33
That video that he still has up does say that the original video he made was with a prototype version of the Mini.  And he says that DJI worked with him when he reported the problems at higher elevations, and then came out with the better propellers and a firmware update.  He makes it sound like nobody should be getting the original type prop blades if they buy a production model of the Mini.

I'm not sure if the one that's up now is the same as the one I saw before or not.

Sounds like you did pretty good experiment wise. I probably would have went a little different direction, more extreme I guess you could say. I would have changed one set of props at a time and flew after each time to see how the craft handled until I had them all changed. Taking notes for me would me crucial as I couldn't be able to remember which arm I changed and what performance difference after each change that actually, if any, occurred.

I still have all the original blades on my mini that it came with, but I'm not having the max power load problem either. But it would be nice if I could experiment in that way.

I have my batteries numbered and keep a log for my entire flights, battery performance and updating records. I updated all three of my batteries this time around too so I wouldn't have been able to see if new battery firmware vs. old battery firmware made a real difference.

As far as Potato Jet's videos, I don't think the one he has up now is an edited one of the second previous ones. From what I remember of the second one, they were still up in the mountains, at a higher elevation specifically "re-testing" for what happened in the first video. He did the kind the same thing he did before and flew it around where they had parked their vehicles and such. I remember him being excited that everything was working and mentioned the new propellers and new firmware and that "They fixed those issues".  I'm like you on this one. I think it would have stood as a testament that DJI as a company would stand behind their product. But for whatever reason, he pulled those videos, whether DJI asked him to in order to save money and selectively send the old props out in a spread out manner to get rid of them, I don't know. It certainly sounds plausible to me though.

I hate that people have this, or any other issue, and that's kinda why I hang out on the forums like I do, giving my knowledge where I can. Plus, I'ma troubleshooter by nature. I like knowing how things work, and not just operating them either. My parents hated buying me electronics and such when I was growing up because I was constantly taking things apart and putting them back together, LOL. If something actually broke, I usually got the blame and the 5th degree wanting to know if I took it apart, haha!! So it's just my nature to want to try and figure issues like this out.
2020-1-3
Use props
fans8046e5f5
New
Flight distance : 149977 ft
United States

This just happen to me a few minutes ago  changed out batter and re powered it and still same it wont fly
2020-1-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-3 04:56
Sounds like you did pretty good experiment wise. I probably would have went a little different direction, more extreme I guess you could say. I would have changed one set of props at a time and flew after each time to see how the craft handled until I had them all changed. Taking notes for me would me crucial as I couldn't be able to remember which arm I changed and what performance difference after each change that actually, if any, occurred.

I still have all the original blades on my mini that it came with, but I'm not having the max power load problem either. But it would be nice if I could experiment in that way.

Yes!

I'm a troubleshooting kind of guy as well.  My whole career has been as a troubleshooter of various systems.  I used to joke that what I did for a living was travel to far away places and read the manuals for other people's systems and just follow the directions.  ;)

But there's more to it than that.  I quit a job I had early-on because I got tired of the constant travel.  I was never home much.  But the bosses where I worked said that they couldn't help it because the customers always called and asked for me.  So I was always on the road.  This was often troubleshooting things I'd never seen before;.  We worked on the telemetry systems we built, of course, but our customers had lots of other systems that needed work, too.  So they always sent me out on the "odd ones".

That was flattering, but I was still sick of all of the travel.  Often, when I'd arrive at a job, the first thing I'd have to do is ask the customer "What did this thing do when it was working right?  They'd have to explain what the system even was, and what it was supposed to be doing.  Then I could start there and troubleshoot it.  I have to say that in 6 1/2 years, I was undefeated.  ;)

I know this is off topic, but funny.  I had a saying:  "The customer is always wrong.".  

It's so easy to let a customer lead you down the garden path with what they've tried and what their analysis of the problem is.  You have to get over letting customers have too much influence on your troubleshooting thought process.  After all, if they really knew what was wrong, they wouldn't have had to call YOU!

But you don't want to embarrass the customer, or make them look bad in the eyes of their bosses.  So I often did my best work when they'd go to lunch, or go home for the evening.  And NEVER trust any measurements other folks have made.  "Trust but verify".  I'd always come up with some excuse like:  "I just want to measure it with MY meter or MY 'scope."  Or again, wait for them to leave you alone, and then make the measurements yourself.

Anyhow, in this case, I was definitely not in troubleshooting mode at all.

When I was working on my Mini the other night, I just wanted to get the new firmware installed.  Not because the Mini was flying badly, but just to be up to date.

Then, when I tried it, and had the drone do that strange dropping down to the floor and be unable to rise above 1 foot (probably just operating off of "ground effect" due to very low power from the motors), the first thing I thought of was replacing the props since I've been suspicious that I got some of the "old style" props and that's why the thing has never given me good battery life and always struggles with the prop guards in place.

So I just swapped out all four corners all at once to see if that improved the lift.

However, because I also didn't understand that the batteries themselves also need to have their firmware updated, I ended up with only one of my three batteries updated (the one that happened to be in the drone when I did its update).  And because the battery I ended up using for that third flight of the night (the only flight after putting the new props on) was probably the battery that WAS updated, I cannot say which of those two variables made the thing fly properly.

I had all three batteries fully charged.  I put in #3 to do the firmware update.  But when I then wanted to test fly, I took it out and put it into the charger and installed a completely charged one of the other two into the drone.  That way, I could be charging the one I had partially used up while doing the updates.  So #3 was now in the charger, being topped off.

So I then flew with batteries 1 and 2, and had the drop-down at 50% charge level from them both.

After that, I swapped out all four props because I'd been thinking about doing that anyhow, and wondered if that would fix this problem.  And coincidentally, I then put the now recharged battery number 3 for that test.  And everything worked well.

So two variables at once.  Something you NEVER want to do when troubleshooting anything for obvious reasons!

If I had this to do again for troubleshooting and testing purposes, I'd have updated firmware/software in all of the devices including all of the batteries and then test flown it that way.

Then I might have swapped out all of the props and tried it again for comparison.

But I wasn't really troubleshooting anything.  I was just updating firmware/software.  It was the "low flying" that prompted me to swap the props, but I wish I'd have just tried it with battery #3 at that point.  But I didn't suspect that there was any difference between the three batteries at that time.  I only learned about this updating of the batteries' firmware later.

I actually suspect that it was the batteries not being updated that caused the drop-down at 50% battery level.  It seems reasonable that the new firmware in the Mini didn't play well with the firmware in two of the batteries, and a misinterpretation of battery level caused the very low max power available to the motors.

And this might explain a LOT of the "drop down" events we see reported here.  If the drone isn't communicating with and interpreting the battery levels correctly, all sorts of bad things are possible.

Of course, it could be the prop blades, too.  But I actually think that's a lower probability than the battery firmware issue.

I do think the system should give a warning if the battery and controller/drone/phone firmware/software are not all matched.  It seems like mismatched firmware may well be a very bad thing!

I don't know if there's an easy way to roll back a battery's firmware, but I'd be tempted to try that.  That would be VERY telling!

DJI should make the next firmware/software do a "version check" automatically.  This battery firmware issue may be causing a LOT of lost/crashed Minis.  If I hadn't been flying in my office, with the drone in a safe place, having it suddenly lose power at 50% battery level would have been catastrophic.  As it was, it was very odd.  No amount of upward movement of the left stick had any effect on the height of the drone whatsoever.  It just held at about 1 foot over the floor.  I could go left, right, forward, backward, and rotate left and right.  But I could never get it to move upwards.  It just skimmed the floor for the remainder of the battery's life.

Outdoors, with the drone far away, this would have likely resulted in a crash or loss of the drone.

I'm glad it happened to me in my office!

2020-1-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

fans8046e5f5 Posted at 1-3 18:18
This just happen to me a few minutes ago  changed out batter and re powered it and still same it wont fly

Have you updated the firmware in your batteries?
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-3 18:25
Yes!

I'm a troubleshooting kind of guy as well.  My whole career has been as a troubleshooter of various systems.  I used to joke that what I did for a living was travel to far away places and read the manuals for other people's systems and just follow the directions.  ;)

Absolutely glad it was in a controlled environment. Catastrophic is a good possibility otherwise. It’s been raining here like crazy last few days, suffering withdraws, lol!!

I work for a cable company but I primarily take care of the network and some software development and a little bit of RF. I knew nothing about RF when I started that job but I wanted to learn it so my boss said why not let me be well rounded, lol. Jack of all trades, master of none, poke it with a stick, watch it’s behavior and learn it so to speak!!
2020-1-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-3 18:59
Absolutely glad it was in a controlled environment. Catastrophic is a good possibility otherwise. It’s been raining here like crazy last few days, suffering withdraws, lol!!

I work for a cable company but I primarily take care of the network and some software development and a little bit of RF. I knew nothing about RF when I started that job but I wanted to learn it so my boss said why not let me be well rounded, lol. Jack of all trades, master of none, poke it with a stick, watch it’s behavior and learn it so to speak!!

There's nothing like good on the job training, and learning by experience.  

Here, it's the incessant winter winds that are keeping me from flying most of the time.  Flying these little drones is certainly a fair weather pastime!

I've pretty much exhausted the fun of flying around indoors.  Cabin fever is setting in!  The next week looks like high winds the whole time, so I'm just going to have to be patient.

2020-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-4 02:54
There's nothing like good on the job training, and learning by experience.  

Here, it's the incessant winter winds that are keeping me from flying most of the time.  Flying these little drones is certainly a fair weather pastime!

I was able to get out the other day and do a test run of the new firmware, but since then, it's been raining. Supposed to turn to snow overnight tonight though. We've had wind here as well, not horrible, but enough to where if it weren't raining, I'd still probably not fly unless it were very low altitude or something to that nature.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ER0qltvz5VPd
New
Flight distance : 195026 ft
Bulgaria

Unfortunately I have the same problem... I fly on 30 m high and around 20 in the sea, good weather conditions almost no wind, sea was flat.... and suddenly i have the same message for max power and drone drop down, to 2-3 m... and don’t  listen stick... a really hard take out from see and crash on the sand...
I All ready send all flight log to DJI, but today I read here about this problem to other drones, and tomorrow will change the props, and hope that this will help
2020-1-9
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

My turn to get this message

Simple flight, switched on drone, did a battery firmware update, flew about a bit then bingo.  Never seen anything like this before on either a Spark or Mavic Air.  At first I wasn't too bothered about warning, but when the drone started to loose altitude, I got worried.  It was over the water and it gently descended (against the will of my left thumb).  I thought "Its over, its gonna drown".  Then the sensor kicked it and about 2 feet from the water it bounced back into the air.  I had great difficulty getting it to dry land and retrieve it.  When i got home I flew it in my back garden and got the same problem, it was unstable and unable to hold altitude.  I landed, swapped battery and tried again.  On the new battery it has flown OK so far.

DJI have a problem, glad I still have my Mavic Air.
2020-1-12
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1293625 ft
Serbia

Mavic Dave Posted at 1-12 10:59
My turn to get this message
[view_image]

Maybe to check props carefuly. Few times it was reported that even a small demage might cause this issue.
2020-1-12
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eka Posted at 1-12 11:32
Maybe to check props carefuly. Few times it was reported that even a small demage might cause this issue.

Maybe, but it flew ok on the next battery.........................

I think its power related, probably battery.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans7d0de0d4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

I got the same problem today. I started the flight and the noise from the Mini was different and when I tried to climb the warning come up and the noise increased like something vibrating. Upon landing tried to take off several times without success. I was trying to take off from the top of the case and the aircraft just fall backwards. Upon arriving home I tried to take off indoor and managed but the aircraft instead of going up went backwards. It stayed hovering but when I tried to climb the vibration noise come up with the warning.

Tomorrow I will try indoor with another battery.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_AfHCaSVw1qpC
New

Austria

Hello
I am from austria, first of all sorry for my bad english
I bought a mavic mini for 2 weeks, i flew only 2 times.
today my drone flies down very fast i cant control the drone i was so lucky because at this moment i wasn above a lake or so
the app says that the max power load was reached and then the drone was out of control, it wasnt windy or raining the battery was above 30°C i think that is normal
i dont now what i can do or is that normal i cant trust the drone now
this is the link for the uploaded video at youtube
youtu.be/_-2xB5qSZbI
2020-1-12
Use props
seurat66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

I lost my first mini in the river after getting these errors plus lots of ESC errors in the flight log.  DJI replaced it under warranty.  The second mini was doing the same exact thing.  I didn't fly it over water, of course, but it crashed several times.  I'd try to fly forward and its altitude would drop.  Release the right stick and it'd go back up.  Eventually, the thing would just come down and crash or bounce off the ground.  Scary!  
Well, I just did two things and my problem seems to be solved!  I know, I should have done just one at a time so I could make a firm conclusion but I wanted to see if I could get this sucker to work.  

1) I downgraded the firmware to the previous version (from 400 to 300, I think) using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic software available at dji.com.  Then, I used DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade to 400 (where it had been).

2)  I replaced all 8 props that came with my mini with the spare set which came with my Flymore combo.

That's it.  I used all three of my batteries and NOT ONCE did I get a "max power load reached" message, and I pushed the mini hard (full left and right sticks). No weird drops in altitude, crashes or RTH problems.  And I'm pretty sure I was able to go a lot faster too.  Anyway, I'm now loving the mini.  Fingers crossed it stays this way.
2020-1-15
Use props
Mfathy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6837 ft
United Arab Emirates

got the same message
2020-1-17
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have posted my flight log and DJI have looked at it.  My Mini is on its way back to its maker.  Can't have a drone that will not respond to pilots input, its a recipe for disaster.
2020-1-17
Use props
Akrita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37927 ft
United States

Same problem same error code too. Aircraft fail to take off vertically fail to maintain steady altitude with all of my three batteries. With or without guards, outside or inside. Re calibrate everything all firmware's are updated. Last flight before that issue was flawless. Now two weeks later i got that issue. The only thing I did different was to let the battery inside the drone for 2 weeks.
Search on Google  " Dji Mavic mini error code: 30168 symptoms " for video proof.
Totally unreliable and very frustrating situation for 2 months very lightly used drone. I expect Dji to come with solution soon

2020-1-22
Use props
fanscddbe093
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

seurat66 Posted at 1-15 10:30
I lost my first mini in the river after getting these errors plus lots of ESC errors in the flight log.  DJI replaced it under warranty.  The second mini was doing the same exact thing.  I didn't fly it over water, of course, but it crashed several times.  I'd try to fly forward and its altitude would drop.  Release the right stick and it'd go back up.  Eventually, the thing would just come down and crash or bounce off the ground.  Scary!  
Well, I just did two things and my problem seems to be solved!  I know, I should have done just one at a time so I could make a firm conclusion but I wanted to see if I could get this sucker to work.  

UPDATE on 1/22/19:  I'm still having the problem.  Swapped props but still happens.  No consistency.  I can't figure out the cause.  If it's firmware, why doesn't everyone have this problem?  There's something wrong with this drone and I don't know what it is.  I hope DJI figures it out soon and fixes it.  It's happening to LOTS of people.
2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_yJM4l6R3ELIR
New
Flight distance : 12487 ft
United Kingdom

Having same issue. Have swapped props and upgraded firmware.

DJI - is there a hard and fast solution to this problem yet??? If this isn’t sorted soon I’ll be requesting a full refund
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_3Pygfxn4Jc2F
New
Flight distance : 7346 ft

Norway

So I had the exact same problems as described when trying my Mavic Mini for the first time.
I was trying out the different modes, and would get the 'Not Enough Force' and 'Power..something' errors.

I had firmware upgrades on all three batteries, drone and controller - up to .400.
No issues after this, and I'm yet to change the propellers.
Flew it in a light breeze, all different modes - pushed it hard in sport mode and flew perfect.
Fingers crossed (!) it's all good. Airdata logs pre- and post firmware upgrade included.

Hakon

2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_yeTZ2npC4L0a
New
Flight distance : 23927 ft
United States

I came here for answers as well when I got the message today. My drone was also making a weird sound, like the motors were rusted and had a low tone squeal to it. Anyway, I changed the propellers and tried again and it worked like new. I was doubtful this would fix it but it worked. I flew out to 3500 left at 387ft elevation and got a good 10 minutes in before bringing it back with no issues at all. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.
2020-1-31
Use props
media101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37930 ft
Canada

the1shark Posted at 2019-12-22 12:32
Did you look at your flight log ? Do you actually see the error message or your drone looses it's altitude regardless to the error message?
I had this error messages pre 0.300 firmware then the error went away (but honestly I didn't fly it more then twice in the last two weeks )

This poppes up when it crashes.
Screenshot_20200212-200646.jpg
2020-2-14
Use props
fans9cb73e16
New
United States

Having same issue. 2nd flight, no prop guards, 50 degrees outside, 50% roughly throttle, p mode,  21 feet up, fell to about 4 feet off the ground before recovering. Landed it, changed batteries thinking battery issue, put it back up and same thing again. Landed it again safely without crashing (thank god) submitted a ticket by email. Sad the mini has 15 total minutes of flight time and has problems already. Firmware is also up to date and has been the day I bought it.
2020-3-1
Use props
fans9cb73e16
New
United States

Dji apparently this is a known issue with the mini. What can we do to fix? Send it back? Firmware update?
2020-3-1
Use props
LukiDrone
lvl.1

Switzerland

Same issue here.

In my can only with the propeller guard on.

I'd update the firmware for the drone and for the batteries.
Since then, without propeller guards no issue.

THe issue itself you can see it here Propeller failure - skip to 4:20
2020-3-6
Use props
LukiDrone
lvl.1

Switzerland

LukiDrone Posted at 3-6 09:12
Same issue here.

In my can only with the propeller guard on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWPmlVWIOE skip to 4;20
Lose power and emergengy landed
2020-3-6
Use props
hamidreza.geo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94117 ft
Iran

I also have this problem with all three batteries twice causing my mavic mini to hit the ground hard. I found this message to be displayed when the battery was below 40%. I still haven't tested this without propellers guards.
Please tell me the solution.
I replaced all the propellers but the problem still exists
2020-3-7
Use props
fans78e81131
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94117 ft
United States

hamidreza.geo Posted at 3-7 03:35
I also have this problem with all three batteries twice causing my mavic mini to hit the ground hard. I found this message to be displayed when the battery was below 40%. I still haven't tested this without propellers guards.
Please tell me the solution.
I replaced all the propellers but the problem still exists

I received a new update
After upgrading with three batteries indoors and out to under 20%, I flew without using a propellers guards, and the Error message did not appear. This was hopeful. But the problem with propellers guards and battery below 40% still remains.
2020-3-14
Use props
RicoXiong
New
Flight distance : 29446 ft
United States

I have been having this warning from Day1. I thought it was due to 'strong wind' but today I tried again (I don't think it is level 4 wind anyway) the error was still appearing. DJI, do you have any thoughts on this?
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_YyirWgyHbKLp
New

United States

Same problem yesterday for the first
Time. The mini plunged to the ground on all 3 modes. Did not insist after 3 ti,mes. Was not cold 38 deg. And just a little windy. What s going on ....??

2020-3-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules