123Next >
24767 94 2019-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Got this error message yesterday for the first time.
I understand by the error code that this message identical to the “insufficient power” that users got in the first app version.
The official answer is “it happens in sport mode against thw wind”.
I was in P mode and it wasn’t that windy..
This is not my first flight but it was my first flight with battery 2 ( I gave all three numbers in case something will get wrong and I was right ).
Now, don’t give me the strong wind/sport mode bull.... We all know that there is a “strong wind” warning for that.
Is this a battery related issue ?  Or is it something else ?
There is nothing in the flight log (attached a link), only the flight recording and the fpv screen recording shows this message.
What is going on ?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1MY4YF6QWYSUW5QHIUF9/
4B847745-D88A-4BD8-91FC-595DF3B3B27A.jpeg
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our designated DJI department to know the exact reason why you are getting this error message. Thank you.
2019-11-29
Use props
fans082a4ba8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

got the same message
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-29 13:52
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our designated DJI department to know the exact reason why you are getting this error message. Thank you.

I am attaching this table, I seem to have a much serious problem then I thought. The more I dig the more I get worried ..

Attached the log flight I uploaded to airdata,com

2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a known message.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may we verify whether you have installed the propeller guards and fly with a full lever? When the drone encounters a high resistance during flight and the flight controller detects that there is insufficient acceleration, this message will pop up.
If the propeller guards weren't installed and it happens in P mode without wind, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the logs to us for further analysis.
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

I occasionally see it when going "full speed" in P mode and ascending (or at high latitude - 60m+)  - it always quickly disappears - so I paid it no mind and thought it must have been gusts of wind. (Also i think I was flying against the wind direction - to be accurate a breeze - less than 5m/s)
2019-12-2
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

1st battery flight at 70%.

2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_UxL8JZqi6GhL
lvl.1

Germany

I had the same problem with my Mavic Mini. It just decided to fall and crash to the ground. It happend many times..
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_UxL8JZqi6GhL
lvl.1

Germany

2019-12-10
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello,

I had it happen to me twice outdoors now. Once it literally skipped off the ground and kept going. The second time it plunged in to the snow from less than 1 metre in the air. Both of these instances I was flying in P mode, slowly, low to the ground, level flight, no prop guards and probably at 40% (or less) forward stick. There was zero wind. Initially I thought it was due to flying in -2º Celsius but I had flown earlier in the day at -6º Celsius without issue.

I did some further testing indoors. I was getting the same "aircraft max power load reached" hovering with the prop guards installed. Without the prop guards there was no error. I tried swapping through different batteries and the issue persisted. I will be submitting a support request to DJI. Definitely something going on here.

My strong recommendation here is if you get this error flying outdoors, get your Mini down and close to you ASAP without stressing it.
2019-12-16
Use props
fans18b5d533
New
United States

Same message.  2nd and 3rd flight on new mini. 1st flight was short and did not notice. 2nd batt at 51% when started happening, 3rd batt at 71%. Not in S mode, very light breeze. Started out flying fine then seemed to lose power. Would not climb. Began to notice erratic dance while fwd stick, Like lose of pwr and gps.  Other times fwd flight  to slow or fast stop and would lose pwr to a slow crash landing. Flying low to the ground because of erratic behavior.  Multiple crash landing (grass).  Afraid to fly at any height or distance.  
2019-12-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans18b5d533 Posted at 12-16 21:09
Same message.  2nd and 3rd flight on new mini. 1st flight was short and did not notice. 2nd batt at 51% when started happening, 3rd batt at 71%. Not in S mode, very light breeze. Started out flying fine then seemed to lose power. Would not climb. Began to notice erratic dance while fwd stick, Like lose of pwr and gps.  Other times fwd flight  to slow or fast stop and would lose pwr to a slow crash landing. Flying low to the ground because of erratic behavior.  Multiple crash landing (grass).  Afraid to fly at any height or distance.

Hi,

If you like post your flightlogs on here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Would be interesting to see about batt cell values.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-16
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Israel

I'm the one who opened the thread. I received this message quite a bit but it disappeared after the upgrade to firmware 0.300 released Dec 4 2019.
Have you received this message after you update to  the latest 0.300 firmware ?
2019-12-17
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

the1shark Posted at 12-17 06:42
I'm the one who opened the thread. I received this message quite a bit but it disappeared after the upgrade to firmware 0.300 released Dec 4 2019.

Yes. Latest firmware and still getting the message. It just started a couple of days ago. It's spotty though. Flew outside a couple times this morning, two different batteries and no issues. Tried indoors with the prop guards installed a while later, two different batteries again and Mini could barely stay in the air.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_nrHwMJNTX4s9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6834 ft
United States

Same thing here! I reached out to DJI and they said to send the drone in for assessment. I am afraid to get charged & I just got the drone & flew with no hard crash landing or damage to the drone, just fast descents. On windier days, would say wind error, then land itself wherever it was flying at that moment. Other flights it would warn that payload was detected, then it would fly fine for 2 or 3 mins, then without warning error, crash into the ground. I think there was only one time where before it crashed a warning came up saying max Payload reached then landed itself. Wind error messages popped up on the windy days and as I tried to land it, the drone took control of itself and landed itself (luckily nowhere risky). On the other days, it would land, or lower itself down and skip on the ground before returning to the original height. Those days it said max payload reached and it would land itself again without my control. I was flying only a few feet off the ground on these flights
2019-12-17
Use props
fans3a1f2c92
New

Germany

Same problem here. I was flying the mini indoors with prob guards installed. After take off i noticed that error message and then immediately the Drone ascended with 100% power. Lucky me indoor otherwise the drone would have gone. Afraid to go to the wild now...

Please help or update firmware.
Kai
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_Ou8UsBnzygwV
New

Canada

Having the same issue.  Sports mode, no guards, fully charged battery.  Drone will constantly fly downwards, hit the ground then bounce back up (unless I hit snow and bury itself)

I nearly lost my mini yesterday but was able to find it.  This is making me nervous to take it out and learn to use it because now I'm wondering if I'll lose the drone because of this issue.
2019-12-22
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I am worried about this problem too, I think this is the first priority problem that DJI must solve for now. Hope they will get back with good news...
2019-12-22
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Israel

djiuser_Ou8UsBnzygwV Posted at 12-22 10:26
Having the same issue.  Sports mode, no guards, fully charged battery.  Drone will constantly fly downwards, hit the ground then bounce back up (unless I hit snow and bury itself)

I nearly lost my mini yesterday but was able to find it.  This is making me nervous to take it out and learn to use it because now I'm wondering if I'll lose the drone because of this issue.

Did you look at your flight log ? Do you actually see the error message or your drone looses it's altitude regardless to the error message?
I had this error messages pre 0.300 firmware then the error went away (but honestly I didn't fly it more then twice in the last two weeks )
2019-12-22
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

the1shark Posted at 12-22 12:32
Did you look at your flight log ? Do you actually see the error message or your drone looses it's altitude regardless to the error message?
I had this error messages pre 0.300 firmware then the error went away (but honestly I didn't fly it more then twice in the last two weeks )

Hi everybody!
Was read on one forum that someone had this message gone after replacing the propellers. Maybe the problem is in soft propellers, which change profile (becomes flatter with a small angle of attack) and the drone cannot stay in the air even at maximum RPM?
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_yZbAPPh0fWlY
New

United States

Something similar happened to me. During my first two flights I used prop guards and as soon as the MM took off, the payload message appeared. P mode, no wind conditions. I landed the drone the 2nd time and removed the prop guards. After that, no problem at all.
2019-12-26
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Hi,

"Max power load reached" error seems due to propellers, check this video and give a try to a new set of propellers & screws !

Give us your feedback...
2019-12-26
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fificap Posted at 12-26 09:20
Hi,

"Max power load reached" error seems due to propellers, check this video and give a try to a new set of propellers & screws !

That is definitely something to try. If anyone else has tried this, could you please report your findings??
2019-12-26
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

And people thought I was being silly for grounding my Mini until they got to the bottom of this. I'm pretty sure it's going to be just a firmware tweak needed but I have seen over and over people saying that their drone just drops after getting that message. Every day multiple times I scour the internet for new videos or information about the Mavic Mini. I am an investigative researcher. It's simply what I do naturally. Im sure it will be fixed soon enough. I'm hopeful for the new update whenever it is that we get it.
2019-12-26
Use props
dsteel
New
Flight distance : 8927 ft
Canada

I had been using my mini indoors and noticed the 'max power' alerts all the time. Tried yesterday for the first time outdoors in a light wind and it went badly with 2 times it bounced off the ground as people have described. I just replaced all the blades and everything is fine now. I think other people may be having the same problem; early crashes when i was learning led to damage the blades that is not visibly apparent.
2019-12-26
Use props
dsteel
New
Flight distance : 8927 ft
Canada

fificap Posted at 12-26 09:20
Hi,

worked for me
2019-12-26
Use props
Diego Rincon
New

Colombia

Good night. I got that problem in my 3 batteries. In P mode and interior light. IT just hit a wall and broke the arm... after looking the fligth data, i see the max power load reached. IT is Luke my 30 fligth, and this message never apear. I do not know what to do. Please help
2019-12-26
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

The Watchman News Posted at 12-26 09:45
And people thought I was being silly for grounding my Mini until they got to the bottom of this. I'm pretty sure it's going to be just a firmware tweak needed but I have seen over and over people saying that their drone just drops after getting that message. Every day multiple times I scour the internet for new videos or information about the Mavic Mini. I am an investigative researcher. It's simply what I do naturally. Im sure it will be fixed soon enough. I'm hopeful for the new update whenever it is that we get it.

If problem in geometry of propeller - do not hold it form, software updating will not change situation. DJI can change value when this situation will be registered how error and message can be write later, but drone will be fly on max RPM. I think the soft propeller it reason for different fly time  in home at different people.
2019-12-26
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Just some food for thought with the mention of propellers. When I got my Fly More package and opened it there was all kinds of tape securing the drone. The propellers also had some tape on them. I can't remember if it was the front or back propellers off the top of my head but they were severely deformed from the pressure the tape was putting on them. Once my batteries were charged I hovered the drone and looked it over good and did not see anything wrong with the flight nor did I notice any abnormal vibration so I figured it was ok.

Could this be a possible issue since some are reporting the issue is with the propellers?

@djimindy @DJI Panda @DJI Whoever

I don't think it lets me tag them but If it's just because I don't know how this might be something to bring up to them.
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_S5ZxdfnZ1brG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25830 ft
United States

I’ve had the same problem the last 3 times, while flying in relatively temperature California weather, during day time, and with adequate light. Can others verify that replacing propellers have helped? Any other fixes out there?  
2019-12-27
Use props
fansae804930
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49239 ft
United States

I had this Problem today too! Flying around 3 degress celcius. During the day. Nice Sunlight and no wind. This was my 28 Flight. so far everytime i had no big problems like that. i only remember one time at the beach it was coming down by itself, like losing energy and almost hit the water. i was shocked, but i had luck. just 30 cm over the ground it fly up again. then i just flied back and landed the drone. the next days i had no issues. flying the drone was safety. and today hat got this message and the problem again. max power.... after a good flight of 17 minutes. ln my fly back to me the drone made me nervous. it didn‘t came back. the message popped up and the drone was going down. i was maybe 30 meters in the air and it goes down for maybe 3-5 meters and after it went up again. but not the 3-5 meters, it fly up to 6-8 meters. so the drone confused me. then i tried to fly a little bit down, because i was afraid of crashing the drone to the ground. i fly‘d the whole time in c-mode!
BA31DD45-0BFF-4521-B3FA-200FCC00EF9B.png
2019-12-27
Use props
Sisko.de
lvl.1
United States

that makes you nervous
AB619253-BB22-4C5E-A677-E07291966A2D.png
2019-12-27
Use props
Sisko.de
lvl.1
United States

i am fansae804930.
D8EE8226-9205-4FFD-AF9B-39465A21C5EB.png
2019-12-27
Use props
Sisko.de
lvl.1
United States

I am Sharing my Data with you guys:

Flight logs extracted from Airdata: https://app.airdata.com/share/GyUeDM
2019-12-27
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Hi Sisko,

Did you try to change propellers as suggested in this thread few post above? Some reported it successful !
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_S5ZxdfnZ1brG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25830 ft
United States

the1shark Posted at 12-17 06:42
I'm the one who opened the thread. I received this message quite a bit but it disappeared after the upgrade to firmware 0.300 released Dec 4 2019.

Yup - updated to the latest firmware, but continue to consistently receive this error...
2019-12-28
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I really wish everyone reporting this problem would state the ground elevation from which they're flying.  There was (is?) a known problem with the propellers supplied early on with the Mini that made them have serious problems when flying at high elevations.  Not high altitudes with respect to ground level, but high elevations above sea level.

The air gets thinner as you go higher above sea level, and the lower density of the air makes it harder for an aircraft to stay aloft or fly fast, etc. unless the propellers are designed for the thinner air.

Supposedly, a revision was made to the propeller design to help with higher elevation flying.  Perhaps some of us got the "old style" props.

Then again, perhaps the flexible props do get warped out of shape during packing, storage, and shipping, and simply replacing them with "non warped" blades fixes things right up even though the blades are the exact same design.  That idea makes one want to be very careful about how we store the Mini.  The various restraining "bands" that people use to keep the blades out of the way for storage seem like a bad idea if they're deforming the blades at all.

But please!  Everyone.  Tell us your ground elevation when responding to or starting these threads.   If this is happening mostly to people who fly at locations high above sea level, we need to know so this very important variable can be accounted for as we all analyze what's going on.

Whenever I fly here, I always get a warning "High Altitude;  Fly With Caution".  And I do get these batches of those "insufficient force" errors, particularly if I try to use the prop guards.  I'm at about 5150 feet above sea level here.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_iPeJxGhBAMw5
New

United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-28 21:33
I really wish everyone reporting this problem would state the ground elevation from which they're flying.  There was (is?) a known problem with the propellers supplied early on with the Mini that made them have serious problems when flying at high elevations.  Not high altitudes with respect to ground level, but high elevations above sea level.

The air gets thinner as you go higher above sea level, and the lower density of the air makes it harder for an aircraft to stay aloft or fly fast, etc. unless the propellers are designed for the thinner air.

I was about 30m above the sea level when the error popped up. So, I doubt it has anything to do with the sea level. I just hope that with the new firmware update the error will be fixed. I'm a bit skeptical that replacing propellers really fixes the problem..
2019-12-29
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_iPeJxGhBAMw5 Posted at 12-29 10:51
I was about 30m above the sea level when the error popped up. So, I doubt it has anything to do with the sea level. I just hope that with the new firmware update the error will be fixed. I'm a bit skeptical that replacing propellers really fixes the problem..

I think at or near sea level, the drone will be more forgiving of slight variations in the shape of the propellers.  At higher elevations, you need every advantage you can get.  The drone has to spin the props faster to achieve the same amount of thrust, so everything becomes more critical.

Either way, if you do have a blade or blades that have gotten bent/deformed somewhat, that alteration in their shape could affect the lift they provide, so if someone has blades that have taken a "set" to a shape somewhat different than what they're supposed to have, they may benefit from installing new blades.

It seems like the two reviews I saw of the Mini on YouTube have been taken down.  Either that, or my ability to search and find them is lame!

In the first of these reviews, the reviewer was flying at an elevation around 5000 feet above sea level, up in some mountains.  The issue he had was that the drone would suddenly dip down, sometimes bouncing off of the ground as he was flying normally.

This reviewer is apparently well-connected with DJI.  He spoke with DJI and was sent new propeller blades as well as provided with a new firmware version.  He then did a second review, and flew up on a high mountain in Hawaii.  He flew the drone (with the new prop blades and new firmware) at an elevation above sea level of over 10,000 feet.

In that second review, he flew for a long time and to a great distance at over 10,000 feet.  He said that the new firmware and new blades were what fixed the initial problem.

Now, when I look for those reviews on YouTube, I do not find them.  I wonder if DJI had him remove them both.

Nonetheless, I've wondered if the Mini I received came with the "new type" blades or not.  And I also wonder if the spare blades in my Fly More Combo are the same as those that came fitted to the Mini.

It's frustrating to not be able to provide you with a link to those reviews.  What this guy demonstrated in the first video sounds exactly like what a lot of you folks are describing.  Flying normally, and all of the sudden having the drone drop down for no apparent reason.

But again, this happened to this reviewer when flying at around 5,000 feet above sea level.

Maybe someone else has seen these two YouTube reviews and knows if they're still available.  This was important information for anyone flying at a higher elevation.
2019-12-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules