Draining battery to 0% - does it damage the cells?
6380 11 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Hi,

does the Mavic Mini flight battery have enough mAh reserve if I drain it to 0% so it won't damage the cells? Thanks for helping out!

Mike

2019-11-30
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The controller in the battery will not discharge to 0, discharge to 0 can only discharge the battery and leave it without charging for a long time, which of course is not recommended to do!
2019-11-30
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

yep...i would think that the app my report 0, but it’s not actually 0.  With lithium polymers (and I think ions) draining to 0 is dangerous.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. DJI does not recommend to drain the intelligent flight battery of your drone to 0%. This process might cause harm to the said battery and might destroy it as well. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Safety Guidelines for the said drone ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf ). Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is never good for a battery.
Usually you can't get to 0% yourself. They have some juice left in it to prevent damage.
BUT if you leave it at 0% for a long period of time, it will harm the battery.
That is at least what I have heard about it.
2019-11-30
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

Curious what happens to the Mini if the battery warnings are ignored and you continue to fly to 0%??? Well, watch this:

No this isn't my video. My Channel is named, well, guess? Yes, Jollyroger Hobbies
2019-11-30
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Thanks guys!
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_bc0CQ7Xln8mf
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-30 08:45
Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. DJI does not recommend to drain the intelligent flight battery of your drone to 0%. This process might cause harm to the said battery and might destroy it as well. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Mini Safety Guidelines for the said drone ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20191030/Mavic_Mini_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_EK.pdf ). Thank you and have a safe flight always.

I noticed that leaving a fully charged battery in a Mavic Air 2 .. that is turned off.
It will drain the power from the battery? Is this normal?
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_bc0CQ7Xln8mf Posted at 9-23 10:24
I noticed that leaving a fully charged battery in a Mavic Air 2 .. that is turned off.
It will drain the power from the battery? Is this normal?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have shared with us. The DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

2020-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Never a good idea.
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always aim to land with 15% remaining - landing on zero will not destroy the battery but continuously taking it down that low will shorten the life of the battery which will cause damage to the cells.
2020-9-25
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

A J Posted at 9-25 07:04
I always aim to land with 15% remaining - landing on zero will not destroy the battery but continuously taking it down that low with shorten the life of the battery man cause damage to the cells.

2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules