1211 2 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

The other day was in Savannah, GA down by the river and through I'd put the Inspire 2 in the air. I had some problems doing the compass calibration. It took about 4 times of moving around and it finally calibrated. NOTE: I have been having to calibrate more often then normal lately. Even just flying from my back yard it would want me to calibrate. Anyway, I took the bird up about 10 feet. It hovered but as soon as I pushed the stick for forward, things went down hill. It took off to the left and the sticks were not responding well. I was about to put it in Atti mode but was able to get it back. Take a look at the video I attached. It shows my stick movements and the actual flight path. At no point during the flight did it give error messages.

2019-11-30
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

the fact you had delays with calibrating the gimbal is enough for me to ground the aircraft. you may have internal issues with the aircraft. could have local issues with radio freqs in your area, any number of things.

you should upload flight data/logs and have the sleuths here check it out.. that should give you a better idea of what went wrong.
2019-11-30
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 11-30 10:39
the fact you had delays with calibrating the gimbal is enough for me to ground the aircraft. you may have internal issues with the aircraft. could have local issues with radio freqs in your area, any number of things.

you should upload flight data/logs and have the sleuths here check it out.. that should give you a better idea of what went wrong.

The calibration problem was with the compass. I had something like this happen with my Phantom 3 Pro. It just randomly started flying off. I had to switch to Atti mode to get it back. It never did it again. I do have insurance on my Inspire 2 through State Farm so, I’m a little more at ease when I fly. I never go out of line of sight and know if something really goes bad, I can use Atti mode to get it back. Of course providing it is not a catastrophic failure. I flew the Inspire 2 in the back yard today and it was was fine. I don’t know. It was just strange.

Regards,
Tom
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules