Mavic mini unstable?
2657 4 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedshere
New

Canada

Hey Guys,

I've crashed my mini a few times already, and I don't know if it's just me or if it seems a little unstable now compared to when I first got it.  I replaced the front 4 props, and the back 4 might have a tiny bit of scarring/delamination but they I don't know if it's enough to make it unstable or if it's just me?  Wondering how the stability is for other people... ie can you launch it in your living room and it stands perfectly still, or does it move around a bit left/right/up/down.  For clarification, the gimbal seems stable, but the drone itself seems to be moving around.
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

you can launch in your living room but to get good lock you must have good light also its important that flooring is of a good texture.
2019-11-30
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

I have noticed that lighting seems to affect stability.

Also - I believe it depends 'how' enclosed your space is. When flying mine in a smaller room - I noticed there is quite an air current (i.e., like if you had a fan blowing on high in the summer) - and I believe the drone is constantly updating/based on the air flow/current (so its like flying outside on a windy day). I found it was not perfetctly stable in this condition, and so the picture did 'adjust' periodically (i.e. 1-2 degrees to the right, then left, maybe top, maybe bottom, etc, etc).
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day tedshere. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since there was a crash that happened before. There could be an issue internally with the said drone that is why you are experiencing the issue. I would recommend you contact our support team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.
2019-11-30
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

When I was trying it out inside the house with prop guards - just to test out the stability I poked and bumped the drone around to see how will it react - It did its best trying to stay anchored at a place (and pretty successfully to say so) - so no problems with my mini.
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules