dji mavic mini questions/comments + app
741 3 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Hi!

If a DJI rep can answer, that would be great! (Other ppl too is fine )

1. a) Updated the app. Good to see it saves the RTH. Small cosmetic change suggestion - on the next update, update the variables 'before' refreshing the screen/displaying it. When you click on the settings - it initially shows everying at factory defaults - THEN updates to RTH 50m (or whatever setting). I.e., it first shows "15m", then takes a second or two to load the settings then "resets" it to say 50m. Instead, load the settings first - then display the screen with the correct settings. If I recall correctly, phantom 3/4/etc all do it this way.

2. a) Can you make the "remote identification" save those settings as well? Every time I turn the app on - it automatically sets those to the on position.

b) With respect to remote identification - the two strings below - is the "flight" string intended if you have a flight plan and want to broadcast that? (I.e., says 90chars - is that where you would say something like "Flying 100m within xyz neighborhood, planned flight time 5 mins" or something like that? And for the string above it - is that just a random string? What is the purpose of those two strings?

c) Somewhere it was mentioned something about a DJI app that can be downloaded that shows all drones on a wifi signal? Does this already exist? While I find that particular concerning (i.e., as some people have mentioned, most pilots I know try and fly safe, away from people/etc - but then this would make them an easy target for ppl who want to steal drones/etc especially if someone is flying alone/solo because it pinpoints exactly where they are), I want to see exactly what this app is doing if it already exists. Please send me a message if it does.

3. I was testing the mavic in an enclosed space with the prop guards on - and when flying - it seemed to "lose" the signal & kept flying - even though I was right beside it - and flew straight into a wall. (Fortunately wasn't going fast, and good thing I had the prop guards on. Seemed to auto turn off which is/was good, did have to replace a slightly broken properller though).Is there a reason it lost the signal?

It doesn't quite seem to make sense that it would. There were some exposed metal pipes/concrete/etc on the ceiling (i.e., like you'd see in a warehouse). While I don't think that should have interfered because I had a straight line of site to the drone/was several meters in front of me/moving back, etc - could that be a possibility, or any other ideas where it seemed to 'lose' a signal and kept flying straight (instead of stopping) when I was right beside it?

I.e., it was about 10m in front of me - and then I moved the drone back 'towards' me. As it was coming back towards me - I took my hand off the throttle - but instead of stopping - the drone flew right past me and smack dab into a wall. I was expecting it to stop. Any ideas why it kept contiuning?

4. I have not yet put it into 'sports' mode. How does that affect the stability (safety) of the drone when flying (i.e., if you have either a strong headwind, or tailwind when flying?)

Thanks!

2019-11-30
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

anyone????
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I can only comment about one thing you asked before the end.
You were in line of sight but the drone was probably not receiving or having issues with GPS, cause the warehouse metal structure was affecting GPS signal reception.

I have a small metal structure in my garden for a grape vine, I calibrated the gimbal there the other day and lost all GPS, so my guess is to avoid a metal structure specially all around you.
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_OtteBrNvWV9z
New

Lebanon

Hello I'm using a huawei nova 3i and I have a dji spark. I'm trying to connect it, it connects for like 4-5 seconds then it disconnects. I restarted the phone several times, but the problem was still the same. Please help.
Thanks
2020-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules