Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To DJI > My real battery life is 22 minutes
3586 19 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

The capacity of the battery is not bad, but I can't really fly longer than 22 minutes because (20% battery level then) then starts this disgusting terrible low battery alarm. Once it's ok, but then I know it and will land soon, I promise ! The drone humming to itself, silence at the edge of the forest and then suddenly this ... beeeeep beeeep and all rabbits, deer and strollers frighten and run away. Please, please, please make it possible that this can be switched off.

2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jonny007. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused.  Rest assured that these information and this thread will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-30
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Yup pretty much the same - advertised "theoretical" max flight time Is 30 minutes - most people on youtube got 28mins at max while just hanging 1m in the air at one place...
I got flight time of 20mins (landing beeping at 10% battery life) but flying around ~100m latitude up to 1km away in windless sub-zero conditions though - if it was not freezing it would have probably lasted a bit more... Nevertheless with a fly more combo si have no complaints, i get too cold sooner than i run out of batteries anyway
2019-11-30
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

28 minutes even with a bit of wind are already possible (as I say, I land after 22 min with 20%) but for the last 6 minutes I need huge fat ear plugs and can only hope that no one is within a radius of 1 kilometer, because he would immediately call the police for noise pollution. What would be ok: 1 beep at 20%, 2 beeps at 10%, steady beep at 5%, but SILENCE in between. The warnings on the display are enough too.
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 11-30 12:40
28 minutes even with a bit of wind are already possible (as I say, I land after 22 min with 20%) but for the last 6 minutes I need huge fat ear plugs and can only hope that no one is within a radius of 1 kilometer, because he would immediately call the police for noise pollution.  What would be ok: 1 beep at 20%, 2 beeps at 10%, steady beep at 5%, but SILENCE in between. The warnings on the display are enough too.

You can set this for 10min it seems you don’t need reminding maybe bring a quiet timer with you , lol
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Gu5s Posted at 11-30 11:47
Yup pretty much the same - advertised "theoretical" max flight time Is 30 minutes - most people on youtube got 28mins at max while just hanging 1m in the air at one place...
I got flight time of 20mins (landing beeping at 10% battery life) but flying around ~100m latitude up to 1km away in windless sub-zero conditions though - if it was not freezing it would have probably lasted a bit more... Nevertheless with a fly more combo si have no complaints, i get too cold sooner than i run out of batteries anyway

Wonder if difference comes down to where MM is being flown at?

Near ocean, at sea level, thick air, optimum motor RPMs for blades as designed.
Away from ocean, at 1500-ft, thin air, requiring faster motor RPMs for blades to provide same lift.
2019-11-30
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-30 13:15

Interesting thought, altuough I don't have the required knowledge nor experience to give any statements regarding the air thickness...
I live in an inland country in a small town approx 550m above the sea level - so nothing extreme...
Anyway my guess is, that the biggest factor will always be the wind speed and temperature anyway, since -4° to 0°C (~ 24F?) Is not ideal for the battery cells.
2019-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Gu5s Posted at 11-30 13:24
Interesting thought, altuough I don't have the required knowledge nor experience to give any statements regarding the air thickness...
I live in an inland country in a small town approx 550m above the sea level - so nothing extreme...
Anyway my guess is, that the biggest factor will always be the wind speed and temperature anyway, since -4° to 0°C (~ 24F?) Is not ideal for the battery cells.

Wind and temperature would be significant factors.
At -4C (or 24F), I would expect battery power to be reduced.  Depending on how long batteries were out in cold before starting to fly.  Keeping batteries room temperature before flight would help.

Overall, only fair test in relation to DJI's flight time per battery would be to closely replicate conditions DJI used.  
2019-11-30
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

The manual says : "30 minutes (measured at a constant 14 km/h and under windless conditions)"... an of course temperature is another factor.
@hallmark007 : Where in the app can I set it to 10 minutes ? I'd rather have 10 seconds, but 10 minutes is better than nothing ... beeeeeep....beeeeeep
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 11-30 14:49
The manual says : "30 minutes (measured at a constant 14 km/h and under windless conditions)"... an of course temperature is another factor.
@hallmark007 : Where in the app can I set it to 10 minutes ? I'd rather have 10 seconds, but 10 minutes is better than nothing ... beeeeeep....beeeeeep

I’ll have a look tomorrow, I’m not certain but it seems strange that you would get low battery warning with 20% left, that could be a default, I haven’t looked at it but I will and let you know .
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 11-30 14:49

Temperature will make a difference but only extreme change in temp, if you are used to flying in zero temperature then you will become astute to how long you get out of your battery, but if there is a big change in battery time for you in your normal temperature then one would have a problem, if your battery is not warm enough at start you will get a warning .
The loss of a couple of minutes from advertising is normal if you look at it the same way we get told we are going to get 60 miles to a gallon of petrol, well it very rarely happens .
2019-11-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 16:37
I’ll have a look tomorrow, I’m not certain but it seems strange that you would get low battery warning with 20m left, that could be a default, I haven’t looked at it but I will and let you know .

You meant %, not minutes, right?
2019-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-30 16:44
You meant %, not minutes, right?

Thank you yes , it’s late .
2019-11-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I agree, this annoying Lo Batt beeping issue must be solved! How about flashing alert message on screen, reinforced with device's vibrator once a 5 sec?. More ladies may be lured into this hobby ...

Anyway, overrating battery performance is a common habit of DJI. To my knowledge no one ever reported reaching specified flight time with any DJI drone in short history of this mania. Maybe when hovering inside lab room and sucking all the juice down to suicidal death, but not in real scenario ...
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_G9km0LVbSWEQ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive (currently it's in Anchorage waiting for clearance) but...

I've seen this complaint before, can't you just turn the volume down on the phone/tablet or does the DJI app override the device settings?
2019-12-1
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 16:37
I’ll have a look tomorrow, I’m not certain but it seems strange that you would get low battery warning with 20% left, that could be a default, I haven’t looked at it but I will and let you know .

In pro app I think there is a silder where you can set the level, but I've nothing seen at the fly app Perhaps you'll find an easteregg in the app which make it possible to set the level.
2019-12-1
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_G9km0LVbSWEQ Posted at 12-1 07:02
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive (currently it's in Anchorage waiting for clearance) but...

I've seen this complaint before, can't you just turn the volume down on the phone/tablet or does the DJI app override the device settings?

No the sound comes from the controller.
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-30 13:15

Absolutely, I saw a video in YouTube from a guy from Mexico, who travels to the beach and a Volcano at 3Km above sea level to test battery duration  since many countries in South America are well above 2km height, and yes, air density makes a difference in how much effort the motors need to use to generate the same lift, so yeah battery drains faster.
2019-12-1
Use props
tcg550
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 12-1 09:46
No the sound comes from the controller.

Got it, that makes sense as to why there is so many complaints about this.
2019-12-1
Use props
Yody
New

Germany

tcg550 Posted at 12-1 12:18
Got it, that makes sense as to why there is so many complaints about this.

And PLEASE fix the same for the new FPV Goggles. You should be able to disable these annoying beeping sounds. It BEEEEPS on every button press on the googles and the speaker is really close to your ears. Same for the low battery warning. This is so annoying and we should be able to disable these sounds.
THANKS!
2019-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules