Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dont buy the mini its garbage
16943 162 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried pressing the "Flight Pause/RTH Button" on the Remote when you find yourself in a sticky situation?  The manual say that if you press once it will make the aircraft brake and hover in place.  If the aircraft is performing a QuickShot, RTH, or auto landing, pressing once will exit the procedure and then hover in place.

RTH is a long press on the RC button unlike the Fly app which RTH is only a press for RTH (no Flight Pause mode in the Fly app).
2019-12-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-1 07:07
100% recommended, and yes it covers this sort of accident, as long as you have the drone to return it.

I'm not sure about this. Deliberately damaging the subject of insurance is considered as a fraud ...
2019-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-30 16:15
A gimbal can be fixed pretty cheaply a camera now that might cos a few quid .

I keep telling my son he should not take the ... thing apart when something is not working as it should
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-1 22:34
I'm not sure about this. Deliberately damaging the subject of insurance is considered as a fraud ...

No I agree there, I said I´m sure the DJI will cover the original damage, the crushing it with the hands I really doubt it.
2019-12-2
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 12-1 11:12
I have flown my Spark indoors, just on ATTI (in the house) a lot of times without any problems, the M.Mini should be just as good.

It depends on the house, IMHO. You will have no problems with MM either most likely.
2019-12-2
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Gray Volk Posted at 12-2 02:09
It depends on the house, IMHO. You will have no problems with MM either most likely.

Just a 1200 sq/f bungalow, 8' ceilings!
2019-12-2
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

BobWinNV Posted at 12-1 20:22
Has anyone tried pressing the "Flight Pause/RTH Button" on the Remote when you find yourself in a sticky situation?  The manual say that if you press once it will make the aircraft brake and hover in place.  If the aircraft is performing a QuickShot, RTH, or auto landing, pressing once will exit the procedure and and hover in place.

RTH is a long press on the RC button unlike the Fly app which RTH is only a press for RTH (no Flight Pause mode in the Fly app).

That's a great tip. I was a little disappointed there wasn't the 'Pause' button found on other DJI drones but it appears they just use one button for both functions. I fully cop to not RTFM with the scrutiny it deserved. Thanks again.
2019-12-2
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Hello sir or madam,

I am glad that you feel so much better ripping the drone apart with your bare hands! Dji should be asking customers before purchase a survey of questions such as:

1) Do you have anger issues?
2) If you have anger issues, does it escalate to violence?
3) If you have children, have you been convicted with child abuse?

4) How many domestic violent cases have you been convicted of?

If you answer yes to questions #2 - #4, Dji should not sell to you any DJI drone and put you on the drone terrorist watch group!

I don't believe a single word in this post. You did not post the flight logs. Maybe, you did not update the home point and your wife called you and your violent behavior took control and purposely ran your drone into the wall. Since you stated you have wrecked 3 other drones, maybe, you should try a different activity, like testing out rubber rooms in mental wards!!!

I wonder if this is fake post by a competitor. Better yet go and buy another drone!!!!!
2019-12-2
Use props
willbo
lvl.1
Canada

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-2 18:33
Hello sir or madam,

I am glad that you feel so much better ripping the drone apart with your bare hands! Dji should be asking customers before purchase a survey of questions such as:

suck it monkey so based on your pic you look like a serial killer

1)how many ppl have you killed
2) how long have you been in prison

get a life
i have reported your post you should not be on this forum
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

I think I see a close button soon!!!!!!
2019-12-2
Use props
willbo
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli Posted at 12-2 18:48
I think I see a close button soon!!!!!!

tell me about it im getting off this site now so much for my foray into social media lot of creeps out there

thanks for your input everyone

Willbo's out and i dont think coming back
2019-12-2
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 12-2 05:58
Just a 1200 sq/f bungalow, 8' ceilings!

it depends more on the floor pattern, as bottom camera locks on it. reflective/repetitive causes problems.
2019-12-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Poor willbo, I would be upset if I break mine too, that is why I got DJI Care first thing, it depends on what happened for the crash, I would have been very angry at somebody, DJI or myself...
But I agree crashing the little thing with your bare hands, a bit much, I wouldn´t have felt satysfied that´s for sure.
Or at leasat make a video of the process, that would go viral and gain you many YouTube followers lol
Just trying to bring the level of "angryness" a bit down...
2019-12-3
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

willbo Posted at 12-2 18:44
suck it monkey so based on your pic you look like a serial killer

1)how many ppl have you killed

2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-3 10:41
Poor willbo, I would be upset if I break mine too, that is why I got DJI Care first thing, it depends on what happened for the crash, I would have been very angry at somebody, DJI or myself...
But I agree crashing the little thing with your bare hands, a bit much, I wouldn´t have felt satysfied that´s for sure.
Or at leasat make a video of the process, that would go viral and gain you many YouTube followers lol

a complete set of all replacement parts is already available on aliexpress - 4 legs and 2 shells all comes up to $115 shipped. gimbal is also available, but it does not look like it will be breaking as much as mavic 2 gimbals - it seems to be suspended, but, will see.

too bad that OP broke the central board - it would be nice to pick it up, too bad if it went into garbage...
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

couldnt you have just gotten a replacement?
2019-12-3
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

he'll be back
2019-12-3
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

The thread OP should really go get anger management. If you got this mad over a drone , I can only imagine how you treat people.  Seriously dude. Go get some serious help before you hurt someone. You have a lot of anger and probably other mental issues. These signs are unhealthy for you and everyone near you.
2019-12-3
Use props
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY Posted at 11-30 17:45
I'd wait before buying another Mavic Mini though... if you get back on the horse wait until the bugs are worked out like a lot of others are doing.

Is there really a lot of bugs with the mini?
2019-12-3
Use props
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY Posted at 11-30 18:09
I think most of us are the same... we bought the mini knowing there would be problems... but we all want a chance to fly this drone legally... drones are in their last days before being regulated out of existence for us. We might only see a few months before they change the rules again and the mini will be obsolete too. Drones will be only for government and corporations in the near future. The only drones left will be ones flown indoors and I'm sure they would like to ban that too.

I’m sorry, why are the others obsolete already?
2019-12-3
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-3 15:06
a complete set of all replacement parts is already available on aliexpress - 4 legs and 2 shells all comes up to $115 shipped. gimbal is also available, but it does not look like it will be breaking as much as mavic 2 gimbals - it seems to be suspended, but, will see.

too bad that OP broke the central board - it would be nice to pick it up, too bad if it went into garbage...

$115 for legs and shells, $180 for cam with gimbal and uhh..  you almost can buy a new mini instead. ;)
2019-12-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-3 15:06
a complete set of all replacement parts is already available on aliexpress - 4 legs and 2 shells all comes up to $115 shipped. gimbal is also available, but it does not look like it will be breaking as much as mavic 2 gimbals - it seems to be suspended, but, will see.

Yeah too many broken things, I'll be printing soon some replacement legs and maybe a gimbal cover like the ones available for mavics.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Gray Volk Posted at 12-3 20:39
$115 for legs and shells, $180 for cam with gimbal and uhh..  you almost can buy a new mini instead. ;)

Yeah prices due to demand are crazy, 3 batteries 150... With charging hub 198, that is mental.
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-2 18:33
Hello sir or madam,

A lot of the Mini flyaways are appearing.
2019-12-4
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I believe most of the “flyaways” are due to pilot error and not a flaw in the mini.
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_3U5PltZDmr1K
New

United States

djiuser_RDpozUn4JhQY Posted at 11-30 17:45
I'd wait before buying another Mavic Mini though... if you get back on the horse wait until the bugs are worked out like a lot of others are doing.

I ordered my Mini on 11/25/2019.  I hope it arrives before 12/19/2019.  I am moving.  I imagine if I catch them before they ship, I can change the shipping address.
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_3U5PltZDmr1K
New

United States

Charlie Largo Posted at 12-1 06:57
Hi, I have an order to pick up my Mavic mini next week...(Hopefully)

Would you recommend buying the Dji Care package..?

Absolutely, yes.
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_3U5PltZDmr1K
New

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-1 14:43
The Spark yaw expo is way way way too high in tripod mode.  It does absolutely nothing at 0-50% stick travel then just ramps up the yaw rotation making it very hard to control.  It's as bad as trying to finesse the acceleration from a stop in gear 1 in a 53' tractor trailer.  If you do it in gear 2 or 3 it's a lot smoother otherwise the whole truck torque rolls with just 1mm of pressure too much but the instructor always insists gear 1.
https://vimeo.com/374732112

Wow, what a mess.  I am so jealous of your mancave though.  
2019-12-4
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

cool thread!!  guy just throw 300$ in garbage  ...can`t stop laughing...
I`m affraid what he might do to Spark or Osmo...
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3U5PltZDmr1K Posted at 12-4 09:39
Wow, what a mess.  I am so jealous of your mancave though.

definitely a mancave
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Oh my god really?
So he actually was a psycho... he was trying to chat a girl in the gym and after the crash he ruined it.
That's why he is so angry.
2019-12-4
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

willbo Posted at 11-30 15:58
hi the only damage from the crash was the broken gimbal but since the camera makes the drone and the cost of shipping and repair is higher then a new drone. I ripped it apart with my bare hands felt sooooo good lol

Not to be trite, but if you had bought the insurance for $39 then you could have replaced the drone for a very nominal fee (2 times) even if it is your own fault.  And if it is an aircraft problem they might not count it as one of the two replacements.
2019-12-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There is the potential for a lot of problems flying inside something like a gymnasium.  There are a lot of flat surfaces which will deflect control signals, wreaking havoc on the receivers and sensors.  I'm not sure you can blame the manufacturer for this kind of an error.

Sorry for your loss.  
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_3U5PltZDmr1K
New

United States

Perhaps he could use the money for his next drone for counseling instead. just messin
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

willbo Posted at 11-30 15:39
drone is in the garbage where it belongs i dont know how to do the log thing it just said sensor failure didn't say what sensor failed then it flew into wall nothing i could do and i was only 15 feet away

Maybe some of those parts could be used for a racing drone you can build yourself?
2019-12-15
Use props
fans73da5d83
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Willbo... just wondering if you have sold the rest.. I might be interested in what you have left .. thanks ....
2019-12-15
Use props
Good guy Biker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459144 ft
Canada

hulk smash ?
2019-12-15
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft