dont buy the mini its garbage
16961 162 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

When I read this post few weeks ago, I was laughing at this guy's post. Now with each day that I spend with my mini, and looking at how DJI support deals with numerous mini problems I am starting to think this guy is legit.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_AL6y4kC3zW2S
New

Germany

The picture shows the work of a psychopath. I think that it would be better for you if you play with colorful wooden bricks, it would be a good therapy for you. A technical defect can occur in any electronics. Just ask me, if your car had one, would you destroy it in rage and frustration? If I were you, I would be ashamed to expose my own severely disturbed ME to the public!!! Have fun with the drone.
2020-3-17
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

djiuser_AL6y4kC3zW2S Posted at 3-17 01:38
The picture shows the work of a psychopath. I think that it would be better for you if you play with colorful wooden bricks, it would be a good therapy for you. A technical defect can occur in any electronics. Just ask me, if your car had one, would you destroy it in rage and frustration? If I were you, I would be ashamed to expose my own severely disturbed ME to the public!!! Have fun with the drone.

I totally forgot this one lol...
When somebody feels bad about their mini just come back to wilbo's performance, it makes you feel better each time... it cannot be that bad
2020-3-17
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 3-17 01:58
I totally forgot this one lol...
When somebody feels bad about their mini just come back to wilbo's performance, it makes you feel better each time... it cannot be that bad

i am expecting mine to do similar stunt any minute....i guess it is all about for how long you will be lucky to enjoy it without issues.
2020-3-17
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

And lastly you don't throw any electronics in the trash... if you do you're a bleeping ID. You must dispose of it properly.
2020-3-17
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I came from a Mavic Air and loved my Mini and have had no issues until recent, after 128 flights I now get prop strike on the body, it makes me wonder if the plastic airs weaken over time.  Also, I’ve lost confidence in the Mini at the moment, these uncommanded descents are a real worry for any Mini owner and I just wish DJI would get a FW fix out to resolve it.  Summer is coming and I want and need a Drone I can trust.
2020-3-17
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 3-17 04:16
I came from a Mavic Air and loved my Mini and have had no issues until recent, after 128 flights I now get prop strike on the body, it makes me wonder if the plastic airs weaken over time.  Also, I’ve lost confidence in the Mini at the moment, these uncommanded descents are a real worry for any Mini owner and I just wish DJI would get a FW fix out to resolve it.  Summer is coming and I want and need a Drone I can trust.

Dji has to acknowledge the issue first before any fix can come.

I know a lot of people talk about overheating issues but these look like a possible solution to the props hitting the body.  Raised Motor Guard
2020-3-17
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-17 04:26
Dji has to acknowledge the issue first before any fix can come.

I know a lot of people talk about overheating issues but these look like a possible solution to the props hitting the body.  Raised Motor Guard

Hi, yes I have these and they work, however I’m a little concerned regards cooling. I also tried the Sunnylife covers and they were garbage in comparison to the silver ones in your post.  I’ve managed to resolve the issue using UHMW Tape, I first tried it at the back of the arm to creat a box section but this set up a strange resonant frequency in the arm and props, I then applied it to the front and it added marginal improvement to stiffness resulting in zero prop strike.
2020-3-17
Use props
D2O
lvl.1
Russia

after that - you better change name to DRONERIPPER
2020-3-17
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 06:49
Perhaps RC cars would be a better fit?

I was thinking RC helis.  They only fly into a wall unless you tell them to.
2020-3-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another unhappy customer.  Next!
2020-3-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another unhappy customer.  Next!
2020-3-17
Use props
djiuser_mmRtDLDTKhLv
New

United Kingdom

I’m super disappointed too
Mine does the same it just takes over and starts doing it’s own thing leading to a crash
On top of that when you call customer services they are so unhelpful and it’s really disappointing
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_mmRtDLDTKhLv
New

United Kingdom

Mine also seems to be constantly overheating and there is no way the battery lasts 30 mins. Why DJI refuse to support customers is beyond me
2020-7-29
Use props
Tony D.
lvl.4
Canada

"flying the mavic today in a gym" was your first mistake. 5 ft. off the floor??? Were you doing 100mph or something? ...or was the photo taken after putting the poor thing in the food processor for a few seconds?  
2020-7-29
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

About all those complaining, for example overheat: have you ever had the opportunity to study how the concept of the Mavic Mini developed? It's meant to be a fanless design and not be extensively on while parked on the ground, still you can start the motors with the CSC and let the air moved by the props circulate freely in the underbelly which is a heat sink, and that gives unlimited time (or as long as the battery lasts) of operation. And it takes a long time time to overheat even when the motors are not spinning...

I am not aware of any particular case of production issue where the interface material is not applied properly. If your Mini overheats it must be your fault or you may have a defective unit in which case I am certain DJI Support (and service center) will be ready to help.

The original poster used a clear provocation and a quite brilliant one of how different persons tackle with issues, so if one's way is to thrash everything good for them, only be aware by that time judgemenet on you is already passed. Let's suppose you're accurate: you're an early adopter, you have a problem, you have a log: DJI will replace the drone at no cost. What would you do? Rip 500 Dollars if your own money or send it back to them ? Besides... I don't recall any other case similar to this one, and by the way... flying inside a gym makes me wondering where it was first powered on, considering gyms may be made with modular steel structures, it may have very well been powered inside a distorted magnetic field, then caught GPS from outside and entered the spiral of death... a user that's got two other DJI drones should have already come across that information... otherwise yes, as the original poster said, it must really be a case of ginny pig
2020-7-30
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

djiuser_mmRtDLDTKhLv Posted at 7-29 12:19
Mine also seems to be constantly overheating and there is no way the battery lasts 30 mins. Why DJI refuse to support customers is beyond me

Mini is my first real drone (have some cheap mini drones from China).

My props are damaged and from another thread, I know the RPMs are to high in hovering. Yet, I still proceed to fly until I get an error message/warning.

Was flying near and over the Mediterranean Sea, where it had ~36°C. At 12 and often at 18-19.
No problem with over heating or anything. Yeah, it gets warm, but how did you even figure out "overheating"? Did the drone say sth or did you just assumed that on your own?

For the OP: Also flying indoors = probably no GPS and if high enough also no VPS = no sensors = no stable hovering.

And it wasnt even his first drone.. So he never learn anything, besides needing a therapy for anger management..
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_mX84MOOICRUz
New
Canada

That is pretty painful. I bought the mav mini before seeing this, thanks for informing me if I crash.
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_mX84MOOICRUz
New
Canada

That is just painful.
2020-12-27
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

djiuser_mX84MOOICRUz Posted at 12-27 23:29
That is pretty painful. I bought the mav mini before seeing this, thanks for informing me if I crash.

If it can reassure you and many others will, I already flew in a gym with my MM by putting of course the propeller protections, and I had no problems all went well.
In 6 months of use a crash but that was my fault.
Just be careful and everything will be fine.
2020-12-28
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

You are an IDIOT.

Mini 1 (ONE) is a fine machine...especially with Litchi.

Do some homework stuped!
2020-12-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 12-28 11:02
Mini 1 (ONE) is a fine machine...especially with Litchi.

the post is from a year ago.  back then lots of frustration with the mini expressed and a lot of learning to be had.  the inexpensive mini attracted a lot of new flyers and unfortunately there were painful issues all around.  the forum was not particularly a friendly place at that time and the in many people's opinion the mini was launched too early.  we should probably ignore this old post which has been dug up and focus on the much improved mini and the mini 2 and the incredible learnings to be gained from the knowledgable folks here in this forum.  i know i'm a much better flyer just from browsing the forum daily.
you'll notice we don't have too many post like these today....back then, there were alot.
2020-12-28
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Was it a mini or mini 2.So you think all MM are bad.
I think if someone looses their temper and bare handed rips their drone apart I have concerns about that.
With that in mind I'm not sure it wasn't the operator.
2020-12-29
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Every time I need a chuckle I read this post
2021-1-5
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Sensor ? That bothers me. The sensors are on the bottom. So what dose the sensors have to do with slamming into the wall.  
There is a difference in bumping into a wall rather than slamming in the wall.
Sensors are only on the bottom.
No wall collision sensors.
Sensor bad ?
A tantrum.
Aggressive flying?
Sounds like an operator problem.
May all your drones RIP
2021-1-5
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

Trevor OV MM Posted at 1-5 09:34
Every time I need a chuckle I read this post

Agree............
2021-1-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Donut Posted at 1-5 10:15
Sensor ? That bothers me. The sensors are on the bottom. So what dose the sensors have to do with slamming into the wall.  
There is a difference in bumping into a wall rather than slamming in the wall.
Sensors are only on the bottom.

Well the manual clearly stated than certain surfaces, like shinny, repetitive pattern, water etc. can cause the bottom cameras/sensors to confuse the reading, so its harder to hoover or impossible.

That leads to my theory of this now over a year old post... a gym, with lots of metal cages and structures inside, possibly monotone and or shinny floor, cause the drone to crash... The poor Wilbo, the op of this post got mocked by guys in the gym, or the girl he was trying to impress laughed at him... That is when Wilbo transformed in to the shredder and destroyed the Mini.
2021-1-5
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-5 11:39
Well the manual clearly stated than certain surfaces, like shinny, repetitive pattern, water etc. can cause the bottom cameras/sensors to confuse the reading, so its harder to hoover or impossible.

That leads to my theory of this now over a year old post... a gym, with lots of metal cages and structures inside, possibly monotone and or shinny floor, cause the drone to crash... The poor Wilbo, the op of this post got mocked by guys in the gym, or the girl he was trying to impress laughed at him... That is when Wilbo transformed in to the shredder and destroyed the Mini.

But if he was in payload it might not happen indoors.
Isn’t the bottom sensors disabled indoors. I’d think if in normal mode the sensors would move it up
When it senses something or slam into the floor but into the wall that hard. He said he was 6’ up.
So I think it was operator err. Being in normal mode indoors.
2021-1-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Donut Posted at 1-5 19:46
But if he was in payload it might not happen indoors.
Isn’t the bottom sensors disabled indoors. I’d think if in normal mode the sensors would move it up
When it senses something or slam into the floor but into the wall that hard. He said he was 6’ up.

The gps is disabled indoors not the down vision sensor, which is what keeps it hoovering in place.
If downward vision gets tricked, it cannot hoover.
2021-1-7
Use props
Satchit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1020479 ft
India

Oh man! I feel sad for that Mavic Mini, it should have been outdoors. And the worst, it fell into owners like you! Only god knows, probably you might rip off the device you are using to view this comment.
2021-3-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Correct me if I’m wrong. This is an old post 2019 - 11 - 30
Guessing it was operator fault.
Probably in S mode and didn’t take into the fact there is stopping distance before the wall and not after the wall.
2021-3-25
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jesus! If only I had known about this poor design, I would not have wasted many hours of successful flights with both my Minis over the last year. What a fool I was ;-)
2021-3-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-25 18:52
Jesus! If only I had known about this poor design, I would not have wasted many hours of successful flights with both my Minis over the last year. What a fool I was ;-)

Now that’s funny .
Am I right about the dates. This is an old post 2019 -11
After hundreds of post readings I’ve come to the co conclusion.
Guessing it was operator fault.
Probably in S mode and didn’t take into the fact there is stopping distance before the wall and not after the wall. My conclusion is 99% of all failures are operator failure including me. I’ve had a few OOPS!.
Today I tried to would not show camera view. ?  Dam Mini. Guess it would be nice if I turn on the controller.
Doug
2021-3-25
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-12-28

Strange, now it says 2019-11-30.

2021-3-25
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Oops I edited it.
Darn big fingers. Lol
2019 - 11- 28.
Lol.  
2021-3-25
Use props
fans04c304e5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

*speechless
2021-3-26
Use props
fans216ac282
New

United States

willbo Posted at 2019-11-30 15:30
oh and i have a mavic mini controller with three flight batteries and charging hub I didnt rip them apart lol

Do you have anymore dji drones/parts for sale
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_LmZqfoqKmAnU
New

United States

Buyer beware they are POS. Flew once soft landing on grass then downward sensor error. Shelved for a year just brought out again and same problem. Tried everything to fix and nothing works. $600 paper weight.
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_LmZqfoqKmAnU
New

United States

Buyer beware they are POS. Flew once soft landing on grass then downward sensor error. Shelved for a year just brought out again and same problem. Tried everything to fix and nothing works. $600 paper weight.
2021-6-30
Use props
willbo
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_LmZqfoqKmAnU Posted at 6-30 10:58
Buyer beware they are POS. Flew once soft landing on grass then downward sensor error. Shelved for a year just brought out again and same problem. Tried everything to fix and nothing works. $600 paper weight.

I hear ya they are great when they work and it really sucks when they don't.. I've been moving away from the DJI products not only because of the quality issues more because of china's political views concerning well everything.      FREE THE MICHAELS.    lets see how long this post stays up
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules