Binding the props
761 9 2019-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NM Steve
lvl.1
United States

I decided to look for a way to bind the props together before stowing the Mini, and remembered my kids wore braces 20 years ago and there are still a bunch of orthodontic rubber bands in their bathroom. They are high quality, tiny, and work well. So there's another idea. Although if your kids have braces you might not have enough money to buy a drone.

IMG_7526 (1).jpg
2019-11-30
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

Quick - bundle them in packs of 5 - and sell them for $5 a set as Drone Bands!
2019-11-30
Use props
NM Steve
lvl.1
United States

WSUPolar Posted at 11-30 17:47
Quick - bundle them in packs of 5 - and sell them for $5 a set as Drone Bands!

LOL, I actually have what looks like hundreds, freaking kids must have never changed them! And for being so old they are like new, not like cheap rubber bands.
2019-11-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

On a more serious note, make sure these bands aren't too tight. Plastics have tendency to became permanently deformed when under prolonged stress ...
2019-11-30
Use props
NM Steve
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-30 18:19
On a more serious note, make sure these bands aren't too tight. Plastics have tendency to became permanently deformed when under prolonged stress ...

Good idea, not that tight. Just enough to keep the props together.
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Good idea!
2019-12-1
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good idea, those little rubber bands can be purchased at Walmart in the hair care section used for girls hair braids..
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NM Steve. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this innovative idea on how to bind the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini when storing them. Just a friendly reminder not to put tight band on the propeller for them not to get damage. Thank you for your information and for your support.
2019-12-1
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good idea. Will head to my WM...after the holidays. I currently use a #64 standard rubber band, running the length of my MM and bind both sets of props. An idea posted by another (Cookster670), that works for me. I also have it taped to the gymbal cover to prevent loss and subtle reminder of removing the cover. Enjoy your flying.
2019-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, I used to have these bags with bands too
Long long time ago.
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced