Sharing : Why the Mavic Mini is the last drone I will ever have
2418 15 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

After a year sitting on the fence waiting for the right product at the right price assuming the Mavic Pro at it's price range is not the best option for a newbie, I got the Mavic Mini.
I understand that this is not the product of the century, and overall it is a cheap product that tries to make the whole experience accessible to new users.
I'm sorry to say that this product feels just the opposite. Keeps people away from this hobby.
I understand that this product is in  the early stages of it's life there are quite a few problems that may be solved in the near future,
but the product does not function properly to the extent that its enjoyment is impaired. I am wary of defining it as completely worthless.

• Issues of video image transmission.
  • Repeated disconnections already in the first few tens of meters.
  • And the infamous error code 30168 also known for it's many wording ( Aircraft max power load reached / Aircraft insufficient Power / Not enough force / ESC error )

I  want to believe the people in DJI are aware of the problem and are working hard to solve it, but for now there are no serious answers except a repetitive answer
"It happens when you are in Sport mode / Against hard wind / Using the propellor gourd"
This is not a serious answer because the problem can be easily repreduce in different situations as well. for me for example, it happens all the time in P mode. I nver tried the S mode ..
So now my new drone sits in it's beautiful bag, stuck on my bookcase while I am trying to avoid it.
Now try to convince me that the company's flagship product has no problems .. There is a zero chance I will buy another drone in the near future.
And that should worry whoever cares about this hobby since from reading threads here I understand my experience is no different from other people's experience.
Eventually, some of us will look for other interests.

Attached is a typical flight log just to give everyone here an example of what we are dealing with.

Thank you DJi ..

2019-12-1
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

If i had spent my money and had these issues i’d be working with DJI to get a replacement.   I do get the low power messages, but other than that, it has been working great for me.    Seems like you’re giving up too quickly.
2019-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro is a great first drone, I bought one as my first and have had no issues at all.
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Where is the Log? maybe someone can point what happened.
2019-12-1
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-1 03:08
Where is the Log? maybe someone can point what happened.

https://app.airdata.com/share/ChYnYl
2019-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are having issues with transmission, then it’s likely down to your set up or environment, we have seen many distance tests with MM which also show transmission and judging by these tests and owning spark and mavic Air then I would have to say that MM is an improvement on these, most who have problems with signal is down to set up and or environment.

Warning of insufficient power, it has been said many times on this forum that this will be sorted in next FW in late December, and it is not going to cause any problems for your craft.

Having your drone in a stuck in a bag is not going to make you like it anymore go out and fly it, the MM is designed with entry level users in mind, it’s not easier to fly than a M2 in fact it’s about the same, but compared to MM the M2 has so much more going on that knowing and having some experience with other drones will help you take better care of it, crashing M2 will cost €1500 crashing a MM will cost €300, is is a great little craft with an exceptional camera on it , maybe just take it out give it some use you might even get to like it .

2019-12-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I think you are expecting far too much out of a relatively cheap drone. A small few have had some issues however the majority appear to be using the drone and achieving some nice results. Each to their own I guess.
2019-12-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Totally agree. Thousands of minis are working fine and 99% of them will not write anything here, which is why a few with problems of course stand out. Nevertheless DJI MUST bring out an update here fast.
2019-12-1
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

If you get the 'glass' dome it will make a very nice display!
2019-12-1
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:08
Mavic 2 Pro is a great first drone, I bought one as my first and have had no issues at all.

That will be my next drone, cheers.
2019-12-1
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am satisfied with the MM (combo) at this price point. I also have a Mavic Air and they make for a nice companions for an afternoon of flying with my nephew. We have several batteries and enjoy the air (MA) to air (MM) photography, chasing, etc. Sorry, you are having dissatisfaction. Hope you stick with it a bit longer and experience gets better.  If not, I suspect someone will be eager to take it off your hands.
2019-12-1
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 04:14
If you are having issues with transmission, then it’s likely down to your set up or environment, we have seen many distance tests with MM which also show transmission and judging by these tests and owning spark and mavic Air then I would have to say that MM is an improvement on these, most who have problems with signal is down to set up and or environment.

Warning of insufficient power, it has been said many times on this forum that this will be sorted in next FW in late December, and it is not going to cause any problems for your craft.

Regarding MM-Spark-Air quality of transmission... not totally agree. Yes, it's a bit better than spark, but my Air is (was) better than Mini in the same usage scenarios.
2019-12-2
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

jonny007 Posted at 12-1 11:20
Totally agree. Thousands of minis are working fine and 99% of them will not write anything here, which is why a few with problems of course stand out. Nevertheless DJI MUST bring out an update here fast.

Or maybe there are many more with problems that are not writing here We could not know.

Anyway, imho, Mini is a CHEAP drone and need to be treated like that. It sux in many ways, but one need to remind himself this is CHEAP (or maybe not cheap, but much cheaper than other options...).
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 04:14
If you are having issues with transmission, then it’s likely down to your set up or environment, we have seen many distance tests with MM which also show transmission and judging by these tests and owning spark and mavic Air then I would have to say that MM is an improvement on these, most who have problems with signal is down to set up and or environment.

Warning of insufficient power, it has been said many times on this forum that this will be sorted in next FW in late December, and it is not going to cause any problems for your craft.

Sorry for a downvote - meant to thumbs up :|
2019-12-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:08
Mavic 2 Pro is a great first drone, I bought one as my first and have had no issues at all.

It sucks when the drone is reliable but the gimbal tilt sucks.

Do you have a gimbal tilt with yours?  Mine goes near 45 degrees when going left.  Going right, is ok.
2019-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 12-2 03:28
It sucks when the drone is reliable but the gimbal tilt sucks.

Do you have a gimbal tilt with yours?  Mine goes near 45 degrees when going left.  Going right, is ok.

Nope, in fact I had two, the first was stolen in Italy with all our luggage and neither have any gimbal issues.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules