Poll: who else has this annoying Gimbal Noise when turning the Mini?
12Next >
9778 63 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Single SelectVote, Total 47 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

44.68% (21)
55.32% (26)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-12-1
Use props
Xmcaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14570 ft
Israel

can you record the noise better? cant hear anything in the video. but if its the same noise that i think so yes i have it when gimbal turns to left side
2019-12-1
Use props
Xmcaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14570 ft
Israel

Xmcaz Posted at 12-1 02:29
can you record the noise better? cant hear anything in the video. but if its the same noise that i think so yes i have it when gimbal turns to left side

sorry, in mistake my pc was on mute. yes i have the same noise when gimbal turn to left
2019-12-1
Use props
Bims Bortsch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400492 ft
Germany

Yes, same noise here too.

It's quite normal for gimbal motors to make these kind of noises, sometimes it stops or get's better after some time of using it.
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Bims Bortsch Posted at 12-1 02:40

It's quite normal for gimbal motors to make these kind of noises, sometimes it stops or get's better after some time of using it.

I would love it if is like that, since many users reported this and is exact same noise that mine does...
Some confirmation from DJI would be great, however any post I've seen mentioning this issue has had no answer from DJI at all...
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

Bims Bortsch Posted at 12-1 02:40

my Spark or Mavic Air did not do that..never had this Gimbal noise before with my other Quads at least not that kind of noise which appears only when the Gimbal turns to the left side.. even my hubsan Zino do not make that kind of noise..thats why i am so confused hearing it now at the Mavic Mini gimbal..
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

bearings need oil?
2019-12-1
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

I have the same noise but apparently only when I turn the MM On.
I didn't check if it's doing it also when moving the gimbal.
Looks like it's a sound coming from the little  electric motor(s) that's in the gimbal and not a mechanical noise or friction noise, more like electronic noise.
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

Juju2b Posted at 12-1 03:01
I have the same noise but apparently only when I turn the MM On.
I didn't check if it's doing it also when moving the gimbal.
Looks like it's a sound coming from the little  electric motor(s) that's in the gimbal and not a mechanical noise or friction noise, more like electronic noise.

well, could you check if it's doing it also when moving the gimbal and then post the results / vote. please.. it takes an 1 minute affort.

thanks

2019-12-1
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

JeyTea Posted at 12-1 03:16
well, could you check if it's doing it also when moving the gimbal and then post the results / vote... it takes an 1 minute affort.

thanks

Ok I just did a test  :
Turning On the MM and moving it slowly in many directions, I can hear this beep sound when the gimbal is moving but it's not doing the sound all the time.
I'm having issues with the gimbal on my videos, sometimes the video shake very hard no matter if the MM is moving or hovering (no wind and 15°C temp) I'm wondering if this has something to do with a gimbal problem and this noise ?
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

Juju2b Posted at 12-1 03:30
Ok I just did a test  :
Turning On the MM and moving it slowly in many directions, I can hear this beep sound when the gimbal is moving but it's not doing the sound all the time.
I'm having issues with the gimbal on my videos, sometimes the video shake very hard no matter if the MM is moving or hovering (no wind and 15°C temp) I'm wondering if this has something to do with a gimbal problem and this noise ?

i could not do many flights with the Mini till now, so i do not know if my video is shaking too..but i will figure that out in the next days..
very possbible that the wobbeling/shaking has something to do with that noise..
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Juju2b Posted at 12-1 03:30
Ok I just did a test  :
Turning On the MM and moving it slowly in many directions, I can hear this beep sound when the gimbal is moving but it's not doing the sound all the time.
I'm having issues with the gimbal on my videos, sometimes the video shake very hard no matter if the MM is moving or hovering (no wind and 15°C temp) I'm wondering if this has something to do with a gimbal problem and this noise ?

Mine does sound only when moving the drone or calibration not when is stationary.
You seem to have another issue regarding the gimbal too check the rubber bands are correctly in place.
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-1 03:35
Mine does sound only when moving the drone or calibration not when is stationary.
You seem to have another issue regarding the gimbal too check the rubber bands are correctly in place.

yours seems to be exactly like mine..when i do calibration i can hear it a little, despite of that i hear it only when moving the drone to the right and gimbal goes to the left..turning it to the other side it makes no noise
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JeyTea Posted at 12-1 03:40
yours seems to be exactly like mine..when i do calibration i can hear it a little, despite of that i hear it only when moving the drone to the right and gimbal goes to the left..turning it to the other side it makes no noise

Yep exact same behavior but mine does it when gimbal moves from left to right, or left to center. Maybe is something mechanical like some say and it will go away...
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-1 03:44
Yep exact same behavior but mine does it when gimbal moves from left to right, or left to center. Maybe is something mechanical like some say and it will go away...

maybe..
..an official statement from dji would be really nice...
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JeyTea Posted at 12-1 03:46
maybe..
..an official statement from dji would be really nice...

Is a must, but is not coming from any of the threads where is mentioned...
2019-12-1
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

Hello, I had exactly the same noise today. I realized it after a short flight.
After restarting the drone the noise was still present, then he stopped after a few minutes to move the nacelle in several directions.

I hope it is not a design defect I received my Mavic Mini only 2 days ago...
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

clem clem Posted at 12-1 07:10
Hello, I had exactly the same noise today. I realized it after a short flight.
After restarting the drone the noise was still present, then he stopped after a few minutes to move the nacelle in several directions.

It seems that every Mavic Mini unit does that noise..and still not an official statement of dji on  that issue
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JeyTea Posted at 12-1 09:03
It seems that every Mavic Mini unit do that noise..and still not an official statement of dji on  that issue

Not sure if all minis, otherwise it would be more people here in this thread.
I also think that maybe most users didn´t noticed the noise, due to noisy environments.
Looking forward for a an official statement.
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

that will certainly be the case that most owners have not noticed that noise so far ... so far...
2019-12-1
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Same here. Not sure if it appears on turning the drone but it appears every time if the Mavic is booting up and the gimbal stays steady after initialization. After some seconds it disappears.

2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

MikeCH Posted at 12-1 14:06
Same here. Not sure if it appears on turning the drone but it appears every time if the Mavic is booting up and the gimbal stays steady after initialization. After some seconds it disappears.

Try it out if the noise comes up when you turn the Drone..it is easy, see my Video
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

JeyTea Posted at 12-1 09:03
It seems that every Mavic Mini unit does that noise..and still not an official statement of dji on  that issue

No mine does not make a sound but could hear the little motors working when the gimbal is moved from right to left, again no sound like in the OP video.
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli Posted at 12-1 14:42
No mine does not make a sound but could hear the little motors working when the gimbal is moved from right to left, again no sound like in the OP video.

Interesting, good to know..thanks..

maybe our devices are still faulty and we wait in vain for a firmware update ..
2019-12-1
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

I may send mine back to dji for replacement if they will not respond in any way on this thread.
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will be forwarding this thread/issue of yours to our designated department for further attention. I will surely keep you posted once we have an update on the said issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-1
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 15:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will be forwarding this thread/issue of yours to our designated department for further attention. I will surely keep you posted once we have an update on the said issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Okay, what do we do, return and refund?
2019-12-2
Use props
Bims Bortsch
lvl.2
Germany

clem clem Posted at 12-2 05:06
Okay, what do we do, return and refund?

But why are you thinking about to to return it?
Really no offense, but I do't get it.

Okay, the gimbal motor is a little bit whining.
This is also the case with my Mavic Mini from time to time. Not always, but I hear it every now and then.
The functionality isn't impaired in any way. At least in my case, the gimbal and the rest of the drone work without a hitch. Or didn't I understand something correctly and this is different with you?

If the device was there to record audio, then that would bother me too, having this noise on the recordings.  Of course, even if the gimbal would suddenly stopps working properly, that would be a reason for me to complain and to expect it to be repaired or that I would get a replacement.

But all this is not the case.
Of course, I hope that the drone keeps working properly.
But as long as everything continues to work, the noise does not bother me at all.

EDIT: Even if it turns out that this sound is already indicating some kind of defect, it would be a different thing  for me.
So of course it is good that you address the topic here. Thanks for that.

2019-12-2
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

Bims Bortsch Posted at 12-2 06:41

the only thing we want, is a statement of dji regarding that issue, so that we know what it is about that noise..i had a few dji drones before and even drones from other manufactors but none of them made that noise ever..i only want to know what it is about..that's all. Till now i am no planning to return it but since there will be no statement on this from DJI i will think about it once again and maybe return it then.
2019-12-2
Use props
Bims Bortsch
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for the explanation.
Of course I can understand that, and I agree with you.
Actually, I had already answered my perhaps stupid question myself after sending the post.
That's why I edited the post and added the last sentence.
So thank you again for bringing this topic up.

2019-12-2
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
France

This noise clearly indicates a malfunction. I contacted my reseller in France StudioSport who certified Dji and who strongly advised me to do the replacement procedure with Dji.

Personally I don't want a failure to occur in flight resulting in danger to me or others, or the drone to fail once the warranty is over.
2019-12-2
Use props
Bims Bortsch
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you clem clem for this helpful information.
I simply didn't think that this could be any kind of failure.

I had some not very high-priced gimbals for Actioncams. There it happened in one case that the motors made these kind of noises at the beginning.
That's why I had simply found it less worthy of a note also in the case of the Mavic Mini.
Also, the noise disappeared after a while of usage, otherwise it had no effect.

I want to make it clear that I am absolutely not an expert in this field and hereby apologize for any false statements that I have made.
2019-12-2
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

clem clem Posted at 12-2 09:13
This noise clearly indicates a malfunction. I contacted my reseller in France StudioSport who certified Dji and who strongly advised me to do the replacement procedure with Dji.

Personally I don't want a failure to occur in flight resulting in danger to me or others, or the drone to fail once the warranty is over.

my MM does same noise. i think it is a generic issue with pids on the gimbal stabilization - tuning is not optimal. it is unlikely to be an issue with the motors or camera itself, seems like they all having this problem.
on horizontal clokwise yaw turn it is not happening, you need to roll model a bit to the left and then do a clockwise turn - then gimabl gets into this slight oscillation. it may result in visible jello during flight as well, probably.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_HPWMnKoE04fI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552326 ft
United Kingdom

Mine does this a lot and it's really noisy. It has done this from day one.
https://youtu.be/rrBs3337a-M

Mine also has really bad cold weather wobble - first part of the video shows the footage is perfectly smooth, the bit from the timestamp is where the gimbal is cold and jello'y.
https://youtu.be/albJGAzLxd0?t=60

This seems to be a massive fault
2019-12-2
Use props
MiniChris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If it is a problem we need a fix or refund.
If it is working as designed we need to know why are so many other people NOT having this issue. Surely theirs are faulty if the noisy ones are working as designed.

The noise sounds like there IS a problem. My jello (and others) indicates there is a problem.
2019-12-2
Use props
MiniChris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry the links should show as videos now

2019-12-2
Use props
B-man=)
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5433 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  Noticed it only once in a while when moving the drone clockwise like the video above.  It only lasts a few seconds.  I flew it this afternoon in 35 degrees F weather.  I reviewed the video and did not notice any vibration but did notice some jello but I can barely notice, I can see it if I'm really looking hard.
I'm not sure if the sound is an issue.  I would be more concerned about the jello or ripple effect but I can barely notice it on mine.  Contemplating on returning it and buying an Mavic Air.
2019-12-2
Use props
Six
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350486 ft
United Kingdom

My Mini has the noise, which seems much worse in cold conditions and also really bad video wobble which again seems worse in cold conditions. I’ve tried all solutions to get rid of the wobble on the video but with no success. This includes IMU calibration (when the drone is cold soaked) and and new set of props in case the originals were off balance. I could accept it if they were all the same but I’ve seen some amazing videos people have made in much colder conditions than I have flown in (min 4 deg Celsius).

I am now returning the mini as it’s clear there is a hardware fault and I can’t invest in more time in trying to fix it.
2019-12-2
Use props
Six
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350486 ft
United Kingdom

2019-12-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Annoying? Why? Can you hear it when it is flying 15ft far?
2019-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules