CrystalSky - My realistic opinion.
2349 23 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

In my opinion, DJI used substandard hardware in the CrystalSky at the outset. All subsequent firmware and app updates have not been able to cure the fundamental limitations of poor hardware.
I don't believe the situation is ever going to improve, no matter what is done in terms of software, and it looks to me like they have given up doing updates anyway.
The CS will always perform poorly I'm afraid.
Existing CS owners are stuck with what is basically a poorly performing beta version of this device. The sad thing is that DJI knows this but will not acknowledge it. If they (DJI) want to save face, they should get a CrystalSky 2 on the market ASAP, and offer all exising CS owners a very substantial discount on it at the very least.
Although I do not live in the US or Europe, I doubt that an American or European manufacturer could ever get away with such poor support and lack of integrity. They would be forced by litigation to make good with their customers. DJI is hiding behind an impenetrable Chinese stone wall, and they know it.
DJI are capable of producing fine products and they do, but the dissapointing CS is not one of them.
2019-12-1
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

As if a greedy, incompetent and arrogant company will offer substantial discounts???  A case of too little to late as DJI has lost a lot of future customers due to their neglected support.

I doubt that there will be too many suckers to buy the CS2 if released, not with the reputation of a combination of poor support, the high failure rate of the CS Ultra (and DJI refusal to fix) and now the issues with the DJIFly app incompatibility along with the same insulting copy & paste answers.
DJI is a garbage company where supporting their products is concerned... good hardware, poor software.
2019-12-1
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hover,

I think you just hit the nail on the head. I am not impressed at all with the DJI concept of doing business. There is a 100% difference between DJI's concept and an American companies concept of customer service. Remember the old saying the "Customer is always right". Well with DJI the concept is "Your right until you buy the thing and then you are on your own". Like I said before, DJI reminds me of a slick used car salesman, once you pull that thing off the lot, they dont want to see you.
The thing that gets me with DJI is their cavalier attitude in that they just don't care as they resort always to a standard scripted line of "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".

I am looking into a possible class action with the Crystal Sky. Maybe that will shake them up a bit and realize that they have to stand behind their products. They clearly violated their customer agreement when they told us stuff that the thing was supposed to do. They advised me that the thing was supposed to work with all DJI quads. Now they bring out the Mavic Mini with a 64 bit program that will not work on the Crystal Sky. So as a result, they want me to buy another tablet just to work with the Mini. Please look at my prior posts on this as you can see the actual email they sent me. In this case, they finally got away from the standard line above and just told me I was out of luck with the Crystal Sky. Essentially the Mavic Mini will not work with their own tablet.  

All I can say is "Go Skydio". DJI is the best advertisement for the Skydio 2 that Skydio got for free!
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-12-2
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Diana, I really believe that your personal intentions are good and you believe what you are saying. Unfortunately the company you work for is not at all honorable in the commitment to their customers. I have been dealing with DJI for 5 years now and every time I have to deal with customer service I cringe. It should not be this way.
Like I have said, DJI makes great stuff but you cant be successful long term unless you commit to your customers and stand behind your products. There is no shame in saying " we acknowledge the problem and we are trying to develop a solution" and if need be take the thing back and offer compensation or an alternative solution.

2019-12-2
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

+1 jazzyjeff
2019-12-2
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

On 9-16 DJI Tony stated,

“Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to coordinate this situation with our designated department and we're currently working on this matter. The updated version for the Crystal Sky will be available soon. Thank you for understanding.”

Going on 3 months now....  How long does “soon” mean in China?
2019-12-3
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Tony, you hit the nail on the head. There is no coordination between departments in this company. When DJI was developing software for the Mavic Mini, why didn't they check to make sure that the software would be compatible with their own device?  It really does not take an "Einstein" to figure out that DJI Go and Go 4 are both much more robust software packages and work with mostly all tablets and the Crystal Sky. DJI Go is a 32 bit application. Why would DJI make a software package for the Mavic Mini that is less robust than the DJI Go software suite but requires that it be 64 bit. The result is that it only works with a couple of tablets and does not include the Crystal Sky?

I made a suggestion to DJI to include the Mavic Mini in the DJI Go 4 software and continue with the DJI Fly software for the newbes. That way we could fly our Mavic Mini with our currents tabs and the Crystal Sky.

To answer your question Tony. I think soon means to DJI,,,as soon as we get to it. That maybe never.   
2019-12-3
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys I am cross posting this as this was a response that DJI sent me regarding the Crystal Sky and the Mavic Mini but it really tells the story of support for the Crystal Sky;

Hello All,

Well , here's the fact guys. When you get the ""So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it", that's a bunch of bull. DJI Mindy or whoever else is monitoring, don't even bother to respond because there is nothing you can say. The bottom line is you guys are terrible as a company.

I am cross posting this to a couple of different posts as there are a number that deals with this issue. This is the communication I got with DJI support from a Support agent named Hermosa. As a disclaimer, this is what I received and have not changed one word of it. I give you my response also.

The only hope we have is if Litchi comes out with support for the Mavic Mnni. I suggested to DJI that they include the Mini in the existing DJI Go software and they did not even address that. Horrible customer support.

From DJI

Thanks for your patience.

Upon confirming with our superior engineers, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform.The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures.(64-bit processor).

Since our Crystalsky adopted 32-bit sensor, it' s not compatible with DJI FLY APP. Kindly suggest using another mobile device if you have.

Appreciate your understanding and support.

Best Regards
Hermosa

My response

Hermosa,

This is really unacceptable and DJI clearly did not think this out when they produced this DJI Fly software. Your answer is what we all knew so essentially you gave me no new information.
The question remains is why DJI would produce software that does not work on its own device? I paid a heck of a lot of money for the Crystal Sky and like I said I could have bought 4 Samsung tablets for the same price as i paid for your device.

DJI has a horrible reputation when it comes to customer support. I have been a loyal customer for 5 years now and I own 7 of your drones as previously stated.
Understand that every time I have to deal with you guys on the customer service level I cringe, it's a struggle at best.

You have basically threw your hands up and said "Oh well" My trust in your company is gone. I will share this communication with the forums and all my sources to warn other users. I realize I am just one person.
What's worse is that you just lost me a customer.

Thank you for getting back to me.
2019-12-3
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

DJI can take their MavicMini and any future products and stick them up their dim sims... I'll never spend another dollar on any DJI products and I'm spreading the word... I already steered many people away from purchasing DJI products, citing their lack of support, insulting broken Engrish copy & paste responses that say nothing, buggy software and taking forever to fix, when updates do come out the fact that bugs are either not fixed and/or new ones introduced, customers are treated like crap after purchase like they been scammed and once they have your money you and your complaints don't exist any more... like car sales people...
When it comes to drones I also tell people about how there in nowhere you can fly and that the fines are massive, and that DJI software spies by stealing photos with locations and sending them to DJI without permission...
DJI deserves to go bankrupt.
2019-12-3
Use props
helgen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4081 ft
  • >>>
Norway

mAIRs Posted at 12-3 16:11
DJI can take their MavicMini and any future products and stick them up their dim sims... I'll never spend another dollar on any DJI products and I'm spreading the word... I already steered many people away from purchasing DJI products, citing their lack of support, insulting broken Engrish copy & paste responses that say nothing, buggy software and taking forever to fix, when updates do come out the fact that bugs are either not fixed and/or new ones introduced, customers are treated like crap after purchase like they been scammed and once they have your money you and your complaints don't exist any more... like car sales people...
When it comes to drones I also tell people about how there in nowhere you can fly and that the fines are massive, and that DJI software spies by stealing photos with locations and sending them to DJI without permission...
DJI deserves to go bankrupt.

Same here.This arrogant Dji people don't like customers.I have 5 drones from DJi and 2 Crystalsky.Never more Dji lesson learned.
2019-12-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think I'll try a skydio next

https://www.skydio.com/
2019-12-6
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

So much for the email and phone calls from their "Management Team". They have no new answer. I worked at my job for 32 years and I prided myself in contacting people when you said that you would get back to them. That's just good customer service and my word is my bond. Once you lose that, you have nothing. DJI has lost all trust with this customer.
2019-12-9
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I am trying to reach out to Litchi to see if they will put out an update to include the Mavic Mini. That way at least we can use the Mini with the Crystal Sky. Really sad that one must do this.
2019-12-11
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Q: What's the difference between DJI support and a bucket of crap????

A: The Bucket.
2019-12-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-2 12:29
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.

Hey Diana,

My phone hasn't rung and I am still checking my email. H'mmmm, I must have missed when you tried to call and my email must have stopped working. We all know how reliable DJI customer service is!

By the way DJI, Skydio thanks you for doing a heck of a job advertising for their product. Your customer service does it all!

2019-12-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-15 14:02
Hey Diana,

My phone hasn't rung and I am still checking my email. H'mmmm, I must have missed when you tried to call and my email must have stopped working. We all know how reliable DJI customer service is!

Hi, we sent you a PM. Thank you!
2019-12-15
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All, in the interest of being transparent, this is the message I sent to Diana of DJI. I share this to save you the effort of having to post something to them basically saying the same thing.

Diana, I have no idea who Wally is. I have posted multiple times and contacted your company multiple times regarding the lack of support with your products especially the Crystal Sky. Why the heck would I have bought this thing if your company was not going to support the thing? Perhaps $600 is not a lot of money in China but it's a lot of money here. I now have 7 of your quads and I told you that you  lost me as a customer. You guys are by far the worst customer service out there! In my 62 years i never dealt with a company like yours. I ordered the Skydio and their customer service is already 10 times better than DJI.
I am about to start a website titled "DJI sucks" for all the horror stories with your company. There is a lot of people who would post to it. The lack of support with the Mavic Mini and Crystal Sky is a joke. I was told by your company that every drone would be supported. Diana, I dont mean to dump on you but you are the face of the company. We both know that nothing will come of this by the company. I have heard the line 50 times ";So Sorry, Our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"
2019-12-15
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Did you see the CS update?.. they're updated DJI GO 4 from version 4.3.16 to 4.3.16.. amazing.. F DJI..
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Supposedly my rants have been escalated for whatever good it will do. Lets see what they tell me. You guys want to get a pool going, I will wager a slightly used Crystal Sky worth like 20 bucks that its , "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for contacting DJI.
Your case has been escalated and we will be following up with you in the next two business days.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Ejay
DJI Support
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Did anybody check if the Android system was updated to like 7 or something from 5.1?
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Well I got my escalated phone call from DJI and essentially in true DJI fashion they told me nothing. They did what DJI does best, apologizes, explains why they took the action with the software on the Mavic Mini and told me they would tell management about it so it does not happen in the future.  i told him that essentially that this does nothing for us Crystal Sky users now and that there are a lot of angry Crystal Sky users out there. I also conveyed how DJI is the worst, I mean the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I told him that I have already dealt with Skydio as I am in Batch 1 and how responsive they have been.

Basically I got the standard DJI line;

"So Sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"

Like I said, DJI is the best free advertisement for Skydio. Skydio should buy them dinner or something!
2019-12-16
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I have to agree that, support is near to non existent.
When I first came to this group had some account issues and DJI basically ignored me.
Asked how can I properly "transfer" ownership of my quad, response was is not possible, first user experience, scary...
Just can't understand how hard is to have a bunch of native English speakers to improve support.
2020-1-15
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

"Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease." -DJI

LOLLLLLLL with ease!! with ease, y'all!!
2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules