djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

JJB* Posted at 1-27 05:38
Hi,

Indeed, its a cool trick   ;-)

Hello JJB;
Thank you for your prompt reply!
No, the drone didn't hit anything. The only object that you could hit while flying over water is a bird... and there are not many birds in Sweden at this time of the year (I always check if there are any prior to taking off, in any case). Also, I had visual control over the drone and I can confirm that it did not crash. It shook for a few seconds and then lost stability. A few seconds later, all I could see was pitch black from the camera view and then I immediately lost connection with it.
I'm not sure about how deep that water is; I might try a rescue expedition in the summer to avoid leaving toxic waste in the nature, but I didn't have a drysuit appropriate for <10C water
Thanks!
/G.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-27 06:50
Hello JJB;
Thank you for your prompt reply!
No, the drone didn't hit anything. The only object that you could hit while flying over water is a bird... and there are not many birds in Sweden at this time of the year (I always check if there are any prior to taking off, in any case). Also, I had visual control over the drone and I can confirm that it did not crash. It shook for a few seconds and then lost stability. A few seconds later, all I could see was pitch black from the camera view and then I immediately lost connection with it.

And here goes DJI's official statement, which is quite embarrasing: "In this flight, the aircraft was under control, and it functioned normally before it crashed, the root cause of the incident was the operation error of the pilot, the aircraft could not sense or avoid the obstacles, it is suggested to pay attention to the flight environment during the flight to ensure safety."

Based on my flight logs, what should I say to the technical team to convince them that I did not crash the drone?

Thanks again,
/G.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-30 02:38
And here goes DJI's official statement, which is quite embarrasing: "In this flight, the aircraft was under control, and it functioned normally before it crashed, the root cause of the incident was the operation error of the pilot, the aircraft could not sense or avoid the obstacles, it is suggested to pay attention to the flight environment during the flight to ensure safety."

Based on my flight logs, what should I say to the technical team to convince them that I did not crash the drone?

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We noticed that our team has replied to your email regarding your concerns, you can take a look.
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-30 04:36
Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We noticed that our team has replied to your email regarding your concerns, you can take a look.

Hello Mindy;

Thank you for your reply.

DJI's technical team has indeed answered to my mail. The problem is that I cannot accept their answer as a valid one: "The crash was the operation error of the pilot. The pilot pushed forward the pitch stick and moved the roll stick to the right, then the aircraft crashed when it was flying to the right-front direction at 6.9 m/s". This is simply not true, and that's the reason why I'm reaching out to this forum, as I want the actual root cause of the failure to come out.

I've seen in this thread and in other ones how pilots with the "Max Power Load Reached" error message also saw their drones falling... and my case is no exception to that. DJI has deliberately chosen to ignore that error, despite I pointed it out, and their official verdict is that I crashed the drone (with a bird, I guess, since there are no many other objects on top of water).

What's the guarantee that "Max Power Load Reached" will not show up again if I decide to pay the DJI Care fee and get a replacement drone?

Thanks & regards,
/G.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-30 07:10
Hello Mindy;

Thank you for your reply.

We will forward your concerns and feedback to the corresponding team and our team will contact you regarding this issue within working hours. Thanks for your patience.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-31 03:31
We will forward your concerns and feedback to the corresponding team and our team will contact you regarding this issue within working hours. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks a lot, Mindy! Very much appreciated.
With kindest regards,
/G.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-31 05:02
Thanks a lot, Mindy! Very much appreciated.
With kindest regards,
/G.

You're welcome. We will also keep an eye on your case. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-31 05:26
You're welcome. We will also keep an eye on your case. Thanks for your understanding.

Just got a new reply from DJI Support:

"To simplify this here for you, I would like to provide you the reason for the crash again:

As previously stated, your DJI Mini 2 has crashed with something during flight because the pitch stick was pushed forwards 100% and the roll stick to the right with 44%. Then it has collided with an obstacle. Of course, you can provide us a cache-video, so we can try to figure out which object you have it.

We do not know what you have hit, but we can clearly see in the information of the flight records that you have hit an obstacle. Please note that the internal measurement units can recognize every contact here and we can clearly see a sharp change of acceleration due to the crash with an obstacle.

If you have the opinion that you haven't crashed with an obstacle, you are of course free to provide us evidence, that there was no collision.
".

Unfortunately, I wasn't recording with the drone at the time of the crash (and I wasn't recording my drone with any other device, obviously), so I don't know how to convince these guys that I did not crash with any bird (not other known moving object above water). I was just returning back home with the drone when it fell.

I have worked in customer support many years and one of our premises was that "customer is always right". For some reason, DJI is not applying the same philosophy and has decided not to believe me. I hope that you, members of this forum, do

Interestingly, I did not see the "Max Power Load Reached" message during any of my 146 previous flights -and I never had any issue-. I happened to see this fatal message on the drone's last flight and just a few seconds later, the drone was falling, although according to DJI I "crashed it". What a coincidence, huh?

I have seen in previous replies of this forum that DJI sometimes covered this type of issues under warranty. I don't know what's the reason for not doing it with my case. If someone can provide any hint, I'm all ears.

Thanks again!

Warm regards,
/G.
2023-1-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-31 10:08

"To simplify this here for you, I would like to provide you the reason for the crash again:

Hi,

DJI should answer more question for this log ?

Your MINI2 did loose height at its own, no RC down input !!
Assume it did crash into an object, you had loose your MINI anyway....

See the dotted white line = "impact in air", but before that see the height going down!

cheers
JJB

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

JJB* Posted at 1-31 10:49
Hi,

DJI should answer more question for this log ?

Thank you for your valuable observation, JJB!

I have just shared it with the support team; let's hope this time they actually look at the logs and finally believe me.

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers!
/G.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-31 11:39
Thank you for your valuable observation, JJB!

I have just shared it with the support team; let's hope this time they actually look at the logs and finally believe me.

Hi there;
DJI has re-analyzed my case thoroughly frame by frame and finally confirmed that there has been an anomaly which led to that height drop.
Due to this, the responsibility has changed and I will be getting a replacement Mini2 already by Friday.
DJI is doing the right thing and I am a happy customer again.
I would like to thank you all who helped out with this case, in particular Mr. JJB for the detailed analysis. If you ever pass by Stockholm, I'd be delighted to invite you to a drink. Please, consider this reply as a lifetime free-beer coupon (and I mean it!)
All the best and thanks once again,
/G.
2023-2-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 2-1 08:08
Hi there;
DJI has re-analyzed my case thoroughly frame by frame and finally confirmed that there has been an anomaly which led to that height drop.
Due to this, the responsibility has changed and I will be getting a replacement Mini2 already by Friday.

Hi,

Great news for you!  happy landings with your replacement Mini2.

I accept the free beer!  actually    i will visit Oslo, Stockholm and CopenHagen from 25 may this year.
Trip starts in Oslo.

To get more knowlegde (interpretation) of flightlogs , just use the FRAP analysis program!

cheers
JJB
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 1-31 10:08

Hi there, we notice that the replacement has been shipped and the package is on the way. The tracking number has been sent to your email. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-1 23:33
Hi there, we notice that the replacement has been shipped and the package is on the way. The tracking number has been sent to your email. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you both!
@JJB: Late May is a beautiful time to visit Scandinavia. I've sent you my phone number via private message: please, contact me when you're around and we'll have that promised beer together.
Stockholm is a beautiful place to fly your drone: If you need help to plan your trip, please let me know it.
All the best,
/G.
2023-2-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_YwNCHXrm1FW5 Posted at 2-2 07:26
Thank you both!
@JJB: Late May is a beautiful time to visit Scandinavia. I've sent you my phone number via private message: please, contact me when you're around and we'll have that promised beer together.
Stockholm is a beautiful place to fly your drone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btrDL8juNQc If you need help to plan your trip, please let me know it.

Hi,

Lovely scenery Stockholm, been there few times already  (never with a drone though)

Cu later  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules