8190 5 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I have the potential to aquire an ipad mini 2, is it compatible with the fly app?
Compatibiliy charts, are stating that devices running IOS 10 + will work...  
The ipad mini 2  can run IOS 12.4.3
So should this be ok?
Cheers
2019-12-1
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

I wouldn't advise it. I tried my old iPad Air the other day. It has the same A7 chip that the iPad mini 2 has. Also its running iOS 12.4.3.  The results weren't too good. After about a minute of flight the video feed got choppy and a warning saying “Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded" stayed on the screen the whole time.
2019-12-1
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 12-1 06:20
I wouldn't advise it. I tried my old iPad Air the other day. It has the same A7 chip that the iPad mini 2 has. Also its running iOS 12.4.3.  The results weren't too good. After about a minute of flight the video feed got choppy and a warning saying “Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded" stayed on the screen the whole time.

Hmmmm ok.. but it did at least load ?... i.e.  none of this 32bit vs 64bit faff...BTW, how do you get your profile to show your flight distance?
Cheers
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PhasedSpaces. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the iPad Mini 2 on there DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_OS5XHgfHr9mb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14531 ft

Brazil

iPad hasn't support for DJI Fly... why???? It's so dificult to adjust the app to run on iPads? Please DJI, check this...
2019-12-2
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

PhasedSpaces Posted at 12-1 06:37
Hmmmm ok.. but it did at least load ?... i.e.  none of this 32bit vs 64bit faff...BTW, how do you get your profile to show your flight distance?
Cheers

Yes, the app worked great until a minute or so into the flight.  As fas as the flight distance. It just showed up on my account a few hours after registering the mini to my account.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules