Inspire 2 and cold temperature question
908 3 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Hey Guys
I live in Canada and the winter is pretty much here !!
How would like to know how the colder temperature is affecting the flying capability of the Inspire 2 ? The main reason why i'm asking is because i've notice that i keep losing the signal of my Inspire 2. I've 3 remote controller,the 2 stock one and one Cendence with both Patch Antenna and stock antenna.The problem is not coming from the controller cause they all act the same way,none of them seem better than another.Yesterday i've totally lost the signal while i could still see my Inspire 2 very well and that never happen before...not even close... The only link that i can think of right now is the cold temperature.The Inspire 2 is suppose to be able to handle -20°C and all my signal lost experiences so far have happen between 0 and -10°C.Could this be related to the ipad that i'm using to fly ? I've 2 of them and the problem happen with both. From what i've read,the ipad is not suppose to be use at 0°C or less so that could be where my problem is coming from but other than the signal lost,there is no sign of ipad malfunction...no screen freeze or lagging image...
My next step would be to try a Crystal Sky instead of a ipad cause they can handle -20°C...
Any input would be welcome
Thanks!
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mr.Burns.666. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. You are correct the DJI Inspire 2 has an operating temperature from -4° to 104° F ( -20° to 40° C ). It could be the mobile device you are using or the environment where you are flying your drone. In addition I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience in flying there DJI drones on cold temperature locations.  Just a reminder to keep flying your drone in the line of sight and take care of any warning messages that will show on the DJI Go application. Thank you.
2019-12-1
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks Stephen
One thing that i should have mention.
I always fly at the same place which is right at home...
I live in the middle of nowhere...
My closest neighbor is about 1.5 km from my place,i'm surrounded by woods and fields so there is pretty much no "signal pollution".
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Mr.Burns.666 and thank you for these additional information you have shared. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules