External Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

Hi everyone !

First topic on this forum, I hope I won't repost anything ... But I have some trouble searching specifically on robomaster topics so ...

I would like and will test soon to use a different controller than the official DJI's controller. I bought a usb to usb C adapter and I'll connect my Xbox wired controller to my smartphone.

Did you succeed in doing such things on your side ? Is the DJI's app suitable for such use ?

On the other hand, how do you configure controller ? I saw some parameters reserved to it but I have no controller to test them.

Thanks a lot for your answers and advices !
2019-12-1
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

As I understand, it only works if you have sme software that generate touch events based on the controller input. The Robomaster S1 app does not support external controllers AFAIK.
2019-12-2
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

Thanks for replying !

I tried this afternoon and it's right, no recognition from the app. it's  pitty considering the poor 90€ controller they offer.

I'll continue to try and inform you of my founds !
2019-12-2
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

Doen't even work on PC. I can't even change the keybord configuration to fit ZQSD french output.

If anyone manage to find somehting ... you are welcome
2019-12-2
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

Napalm78 Posted at 12-2 10:20
Doen't even work on PC. I can't even change the keybord configuration to fit ZQSD french output.

If anyone manage to find somehting ... you are welcome

It is more or less hardcoded, we could change it in the code but it's not worth the trouble, just wait for an update.

Cheers
2019-12-2
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

sevreNniarB Posted at 12-2 12:31
It is more or less hardcoded, we could change it in the code but it's not worth the trouble, just wait for an update.

Cheers

Yep, true, but for an "educational" purpose device, I find it too limited in terms of accessibility. I wonder if anyone will continue to code and improve this stuff after 6 month of little issues like this
2019-12-2
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

FWIW, controllers intended to be used with smartphones and tablets can be used with the S1.
One example is mentioned in this thread.
Saitake is another brand of controller which works with the S!. This one was mentioned in a S1 Facebook group.
If DJI make the SBus accessible, a lot of RC controller should be able to work with the S1.

I was unsuccessful with I attempted to get a Playstation 4 controller to work with the S1. It might be possible with the appropriate software. The ipega controller mentioned in the other thread was easy to setup.
2019-12-3
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 12-3 08:54
FWIW, controllers intended to be used with smartphones and tablets can be used with the S1.
One example is mentioned in this thread.
Saitake is another brand of controller which works with the S!. This one was mentioned in a S1 Facebook group.

FWIIW, you might be able to get it to work if you install a software that converts gamepag input into touch events.  Here is one such app: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... c2tpro&hl=en_US
2019-12-3
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

BGA Posted at 12-3 09:08
FWIIW, you might be able to get it to work if you install a software that converts gamepag input into touch events.  Here is one such app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalyst06.gc2tpro&hl=en_US

Also, some people confirmed this app works with gamepads:

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... istant&hl=en_US
2019-12-3
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

Apps and all is great, but it should work out of the box with any controller. The Unity Engine has everything on board...

Well, maybe this will help you guys, but it depends how DJI implemented the stuff in Unity: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ ... for-android.732698/ I don't have a Android phone, so I can not test it.
2019-12-3
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

Hi !

Thanks all for informations you provided me ! I tried the octopus app, but too crappy to launch without maying, the game controller seems to still work on other apps, but the Robomaster app won't accept it. Need to wait I suppose
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules