3027 8 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Fed Ex site for my shipment, tracking # 441411839343 says that it is stuck in customs?
"A statement is required from the consignee unless the consignee authorizes the shipper to complete and include the toxic substance statement on their behalf.
Recommended action:  
If the consignee has authorized the shipper to complete on their behalf; include a copy of the written authorization with the shipping documentation. If the shipper is not authorized to complete; consignee must provide the statement."

and

"Reason for delay:
Clearance instructions from the importer are required.

Recommended action:
Importer must provide instructions."

What can be done to get this moving again?
2019-12-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would contact DJI and see if they can do anything. If not, contact Fedex and give them a statement. I think the only things they'll ask is whats in the package that could be dangerous or similar type things. Mine never even got flagged by customs, but from what I've read, I'm lucky.
2019-12-2
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Probably the last time I'll buy from the DJI store.  I didn't know you could buy them from other places at the day of release like the Apple store.

I contacted Fed-Ex via email.
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your order. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-12-2
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-2 06:05
I would contact DJI and see if they can do anything. If not, contact Fedex and give them a statement. I think the only things they'll ask is whats in the package that could be dangerous or similar type things. Mine never even got flagged by customs, but from what I've read, I'm lucky.

Well... boo :-(

I thought you had a good idea.  I have a speech impediment so phones don't work so well for me so I jumped in my car and drove over to the local Fed-Ex office.  After two visits, several phone calls and emails the final answer is whatever is needed must come from DJI.  It sounds like customs is worried about toxic chemicals.  Also, in the various chatter, someone said 380+ packages so my guess is many / most of these drones are stuck in Alaska right now.

One question: I bought the "Mavic Mini Fly More Combo" (plus an SD card) ... did you buy that or just the drone itself?
2019-12-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, from the way the email read, it sounded like they wanted information from you. I'm sorry man. Starting with DJI was what I mentioned first though as they would know more about the makeup of the batteries and such. I got the flymore package. Mine didn't go through Alaska though. It went through Memphis TN and wasn't there very long at all.
2019-12-2
Use props
Carlos D. Cheung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358533 ft
Panama

Mine is also stuck in ANCHORAGE, AK and it is the same issue. Hope DJI do their stuff as still delayed.
2019-12-2
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had this happen to me on the new release of the Mavic Pro 2! and Fedex told me it was because DJI did not provide certain information to them, Mine was because they did not provide the size of the shipping box in the documentation. It was held up 2 extra days.
2019-12-2
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Its moving!!! Got stuck at 11pm on the 30th and unstuck at 11am on the 3rd.

I had inline skates from Germany via U.S.P.S. stuck in customs for a @#$%ing month!  Geeze I was upset!
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules