Issue installing Firmware v02.02.0307 (2019-12-02)
8397 29 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi,

today I have switched on the Remote Controller and the Phantom 4RTK and I have realized that, even if the led on the RC becames green, the RC is not able to link with the P4RTK. Until a month ago everything was working correctly. Firmware and app versions were as follows:

- Aircraft: v02.02.0011
- Remote Controller: v02.02.0014
- D-RTK 2 Mobile Station: v02.02.0014
- DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.1
- DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.8

I tried many times to relink the RC and the Aircraft, but I was unsuccessful.

Then I noticed that the DJI GS RTK app was showing a "New firmware. Please update" message. Consequently I started updating the RC firmware to v02.02.0307 (2019-12-02), but when the dowload arrived at 83.9% it crashed giving another message "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version". I tried again and again but no means to get it installed.

Do you have any further news about this firmware update? I have found the .BIN file on theDJI P4 RTK dowload page. Is it safe to instal it by mean of a SD memory card?

Thanks a lot,

Maurizio
2019-12-2
Use props
fansfb99fc55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38688 ft
United States

"Firmware verification failed.  reloading current firmware version"  at 83.9%

I get exactly the same message at that same point.  Please keep me in the loop with any progress that you make.  

2019-12-2
Use props
Project Works
lvl.1
Italy

Hi All
I had the same problem and i solved the issue resetting the remot control directly on menu of andorid application below buttom wi-fi connection.

Best
Stefano
2019-12-3
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Andreas H. Posted at 12-3 04:07
Could you please describe that a little bit more detailed?

I am just testing the procedure suggested  by Stefano (Project Works).

DJI GS RTK app > Menu > General Settings > Android System Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset

At the moment I am dowloading again the new FW. I will let you know if it ends successfully.

Cross fingers  ;-)
2019-12-3
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Unfortunately  the first trial was unsuccsseful. The dowload was OK but apparently the installation was'nt. The DEVICE FIRMWARE window still report v.02.02.0014 as "Current" and v.02.02.0307 as "New" and available for Update.

I will try again.

Maurizio
2019-12-3
Use props
Project Works
lvl.1
Italy

As descibe from Maurizio the procedure is correct. When i restartet the RC after reset i had the same firmware 02.02.0014. I relinked the rc and all worked.

Stefano
2019-12-3
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Yeah, I succeeded !!!

I just tried to install the update package without downloading it again.

I suspect that my linking/update issues could be in some way related with connection/functional  problems with the "DJI Agras Management" system too. It controls (from China ?) everythink about the P4RTK system. You even cannot fly if you signed into your account since more than 7 days.

Yesterday evening DJI published the new FW Release Notes.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D649%26typeid%3D649

Cheers,
Maurizio
2019-12-3
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

GRAZIE MILLE STEFANO  :-)
2019-12-3
Use props
fansfb99fc55
lvl.1
United States

After having the same failed installation, I figured it out but using a different method.  It always seems to be one software bug or another since I got this drone 1 year ago.  I think that the reason for the failed installation of firmware updates is that the RC firmware is full with a max capacity of 3 upgrade versions.  I think that the firmware types were full in the RC.  
So, after my new update was stuck at 83.9%, I tried rebooting, restarting, disconnecting wifi, nothing to any effect.  

What worked was this:  
1. After reboot went into menu for NEW FIRMWARE AVAILABLE -->then clicked DOWNLOAD on the oldest RC firmware... which would be a downgrade not an upgrade
2. Then a window opened up with a warning: "only 3 firmware types can be downloaded at one time. please delete unwanted"
3. I clicked on the older versions and removed them, then canceled the "downgrade" and tried the upgrade again.  
4.  This time the upgrade worked right up to 100% and the RC upgrade is complete.  

I think that the method listed above regarding "factory reset" in effect accomplishes the same thing: removing extra outdated firmware.  If that is case, more than 3 firmware versions on the RC is what causes the installation to freeze at 83.9%.  

But... don't count me as an expert.  Why?  I can't figure out now how to upgrade the Aircraft and Drone.  When I plug them into the RC and try update, the screen advising me to connect them keeps popping up but it doesn't recognize that they are already connected.  

I'm upset that I paid this much money to purchase this many problems.   
2019-12-3
Use props
p4pEric
lvl.2

United States

fansfb99fc55 Posted at 12-3 11:39
After having the same failed installation, I figured it out but using a different method.  It always seems to be one software bug or another since I got this drone 1 year ago.  I think that the reason for the failed installation of firmware updates is that the RC firmware is full with a max capacity of 3 upgrade versions.  I think that the firmware types were full in the RC.  
So, after my new update was stuck at 83.9%, I tried rebooting, restarting, disconnecting wifi, nothing to any effect.  

I am working on your method now. Fingers crossed. To update the drone you'll want to download the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom found here; https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-rtk

Then you just have to plug the drone into the computer with the app open and it should be pretty straight forward from there.

Hope this helps and hope this update workflow is successful! Thanks!
2019-12-3
Use props
Project Works
lvl.1
Italy

Other issue that I have after this problem is that the dongle with SIM card not work. the connection is good but I can’t connect on internet. it is frustrating to work under these conditions
2019-12-4
Use props
guillermomeiner
Second Officer

Argentina

i could upgrade it...but i had to reset to factory settings before
2019-12-4
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Andreas H. Posted at 12-3 22:13
This procedure helps to download the Firmeware Update complete but how fansfb99fc55 describes i could not connect and update Drone and D-RTK2 Mobile Station over the remote controller.

I installed the Drone-Update with DJI Assistant but a Update of the D-RTK2 Mobile Station is not possible with this PC-Software...

Hi,

I updated the aircraft  (P4RTK) by mean of DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom, whereas the D-RTK2 by means of the DJI GS RTK app. As you can read in the FW Release Notes, since v02.02.00102 the firmware for the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.

Tomorrow I will test the system and let you know the result.

Maurizio
2019-12-4
Use props
fansfb99fc55
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the group support here, you guys.  
This worked for me, too.  Update is now complete.  

Steps are as follows:  
1. take 2 x Tylenol, paracetamol, or acetaminophen  

2. RC needs to be updated via GS RTK app, but it won't update until more than 3 old firmwares are deleted via factory reset or alternate method above.

3. D-RTK can only be updated via the GS RTK app on the RC ... it works but still has bugs.  I connect the RC and D-RTK and it says that I'm not connected.  I plug and unplug, click update and wait 5 times and then suddently it works.  After successful "update complete" i return to the firmware screen and the RC shows me that old firmware is installed until I reboot.  in the end, success, but not a smooth process.  

4.  the aircraft can only be updated via desktop DJI Assistant app, even though in the firmware release notes it doesn't say so, nor that you cannot update via RC GS RTK app, I had no success with RC and only success with desktop Assistant app.  When connecting RC to Aircraft via cables, it never recognizes that they are in fact connected and keeps notifying please connect device.  
2019-12-4
Use props
gewe glacier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481900 ft
Austria

Hi,
after trying to get the FW on the remote I had lock to find a sollution. I did download the FW from the website https://www.dji.com/at/phantom-4-rtk/info#downloads, made a copy of that file in the root of the SD card of the remote. then I did delete all firmware folders in Adroid internal Memory/DJI /firm. After reboot I was ask if I want to install the new found FW
an it did work! :-)
and really: now you can turn off DEM planning a terrain awareness mode mission

Gernot
2019-12-4
Use props
gewe glacier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481900 ft
Austria

And after installing the new fw I did delete the fw-file on the sd card...
2019-12-4
Use props
Trey Swann
New

United States

p4pEric Posted at 12-3 16:14
I am working on your method now. Fingers crossed. To update the drone you'll want to download the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom found here; https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-rtk

Then you just have to plug the drone into the computer with the app open and it should be pretty straight forward from there.

This link works as well...

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom
2019-12-4
Use props
SPrice
lvl.1

United States

I had this problem too with it stopping at 83.9.  I tried a factory reset but that didn't help.  I then deleted the /misc/dji folder from the android storage menu since I couldn't target the firmware files individually.  After that I was able to start the download process over again and was able to update.  
2019-12-4
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi all,

I tried to summarize all your experiences and suggestions and a few infos from Meggie (DJI Support). I hope it can be helpfull for other users.

On 12/02/2019 DJI has released a new firmware for the P4RTK. Here the links of the FW release notes:
New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released (12/02/2019)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559
Phantom 4 RTK Release Notes - 2019-12-02
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20191202.pdf

This is the final expected FW and app configuration:
Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0312
Remote Controller Firmware:
Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0307
Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0312
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0307
DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.2
DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.8

Make sure that the firmware for the  aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all  up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.

The aircraft (P4RTK) FW can be updated (to v02.02.0312) in two ways:
- via DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom (v.2.0.8)
- by means of the DJI GS RTK app after connecting the P4RTK to the RC using the USB-C to USB cable plus the OTG-cable (Note: apparently this procedure does not work)

The Remote Control (RC) FW can be updated (to v02.02.0307) in two ways:
- the default procedure is by means of the DJI GS RTK app only, after connecting the RC to Internet;
- alternatively, you can install the FW by means of an SD memory card.

Sometimes the default procedure fails. The dowload of the new FW crashes (usually at about 83.9%) and you get the message "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version". This issue appens because the app can only manage a maximum of three FW versions into the internal memory ("only 3 firmware types can be downloaded at one time" message). To solve this problem:
- go to the main screen, tap Menu > Settings > Apply to All > Explorer > Internal Memory > follow the path DJI\firm
- delete the old firmware files
Another option is to do a Factory reset via Android:
DJI GS RTK app > Menu > General Settings > Android System Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset

After succefully dowloading the new Firmware on the RC, you can get get another issue. Even if the dowload was OK, apparently the installation is not. The DEVICE FIRMWARE window still report v.02.02.0014 as  "Current" and v.02.02.0307 as "New" and available for Update.
In such a case:
- first try to reboot the RC
- then try to install the update package without downloading it again

As an alternative to GS RTK app installation, it is also possible and safe to instal FW updates on the the P4RTK Radio Control by mean of a SD memory card.
Here the steps:
- download the latest RC firmware update (.bin file) from https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-rtk/info#downloads
- copy the .bin file in the root directory of an SD card
- insert the SD card into the remote control SD card slot
- turn on the remote controller
- On power you get a message asking if I want to update with the new fw file
- after installing the new fw, remember to delete the .bin file on the SD card

Since FW v02.02.00102 the firmware for the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.

Problems encountered by users after updating to the last FW:
Project Works -  the dongle with SIM card does not work; the connection is good but I can’t connect on internet.
Andreas H. -  unable to update P4RTK or D-RTK2 Mobile Station via Remote Controller; Dongle Internet connection initially works fine but when I connect Drone/MobileStation via USB the Internet Connection break down (USB Connection doesn´t work too...)

Cheers,
Maurizio

2019-12-9
Use props
alain.freiburghaus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hey there

Since the last firmware update i can't reconnect the RC with the aircraft.
The RC is linked an i can move the gimbal with my RC.
So, there must be some kind of connection, but i don't have an image  and I can't take off.

Has anyone had the same problem before? Or does anyone know a solution?

Many thanks for every advice!

2019-12-11
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

alain.freiburghaus Posted at 12-11 01:25
Hey there

Since the last firmware update i can't reconnect the RC with the aircraft.

Hi alain.freiburghaus,

I did not have the same problem.  My P4RTK has been updated to the following firmware version and it works fine (both with the 4G dongle and the D-RTK2) . Try to downgrade and update again.

Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0312
Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.0307
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0307
DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.2

Cheers,
Maurizio
2019-12-16
Use props
fans06e6c0b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 357438 ft
United States

Hi everyone. Give this method a shot. It worked flawlessly for me.

From the home screen of GS RTK, tap the three lines in the top-left corner.
>Tap the Settings gear.
>Near the top of the screen, tap Apply to All, then tap Explorer.

>Tap Internal Memory, scroll down and enter the DJI folder, then enter the firm folder.

>Firmware folders will be at the top of the list and named based on their version numbers. Tap and hold on any old versions and select Delete from the menu.

>Return to the home screen of GS RTK.

>Tap Device Firmware in the bottom-right corner and continue with the new firmware download.

2020-1-6
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

fans06e6c0b5 Posted at 1-6 08:50
Hi everyone. Give this method a shot. It worked flawlessly for me.

After several frustrating attempts at updating the RC firmware, with the same failure at 89%, I finally found this thread.  I only had two versions 02.02.0012 & .0014 (which was current) on my RC, so I slid the .0012 to the right and tapped the trashcan which said it would delete that version.  I confirmed and retried the update which still failed.

I downloaded .0307 from the DJI website and put the .bin on an sd card and the RC installed it.  I confirmed under the Firmware Version screen that it was in fact installed correctly.  However the green update buttons underneath the aircraft & D-RTK 2 did not show up.  I updated the aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2, skipping the hassle with the RC.  I tried connecting the D-RTK 2 with the cable but it would not connect, although it connected via the radio.

I tried downloading .0307 from the RC again, as I figured it should work now that it's installed.  However I got the same error at 89%.  So I went to the file Explorer as described above and deleted the .0307 & .0014 firmware folders & retried the download, which was successful.  This time, the green update buttons appeared under the aircraft & D-RTK 2.  I plugged in the D-RTK and it still did not connect.  I tried several times and sometimes it would flash that it was connected but still wouldn't.

I tried pressing the green update button anyway and it came up with the update screen and updated the D-RTK perfectly.  So although it did not register as being connected under the firmware screen, it was connected.

So in summary,
1. Installing the FW update using the .bin file on an sd card worked, but would not allow the aircraft or D-RTK to be updated from the RC.
2. Removing the folders of the all the firmware versions and downloading the .0307 FW worked as stated above.
3. Although the RC said the D-RTK was not connected with the cable, it really is connected and will update it.
2020-1-28
Use props
ARMeyer
lvl.2
United States

ARMeyer Posted at 1-28 09:28
After several frustrating attempts at updating the RC firmware, with the same failure at 89%, I finally found this thread.  I only had two versions 02.02.0012 & .0014 (which was current) on my RC, so I slid the .0012 to the right and tapped the trashcan which said it would delete that version.  I confirmed and retried the update which still failed.

I downloaded .0307 from the DJI website and put the .bin on an sd card and the RC installed it.  I confirmed under the Firmware Version screen that it was in fact installed correctly.  However the green update buttons underneath the aircraft & D-RTK 2 did not show up.  I updated the aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2, skipping the hassle with the RC.  I tried connecting the D-RTK 2 with the cable but it would not connect, although it connected via the radio.

I need to update my previous post that I did have to re-link my aircraft with the RC after updating it.
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_nsjMPL8hZi9y
New

Bolivia

ARMeyer Posted at 1-28 09:28
After several frustrating attempts at updating the RC firmware, with the same failure at 89%, I finally found this thread.  I only had two versions 02.02.0012 & .0014 (which was current) on my RC, so I slid the .0012 to the right and tapped the trashcan which said it would delete that version.  I confirmed and retried the update which still failed.

I downloaded .0307 from the DJI website and put the .bin on an sd card and the RC installed it.  I confirmed under the Firmware Version screen that it was in fact installed correctly.  However the green update buttons underneath the aircraft & D-RTK 2 did not show up.  I updated the aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2, skipping the hassle with the RC.  I tried connecting the D-RTK 2 with the cable but it would not connect, although it connected via the radio.

Tengo el mismo problema, no me conecta el drtk2 me dice que conecte
Necesito su ayuda
2020-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules