Problems with my DJI Mavic Air
1145 22 2019-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi!

I was going to take a quick fly on my backyard to get some footage earlier today, and when i was going to take off all of a sudden the drone just flew away by itself and crashing into my car and landed on some snow. (It was not much snow outside at all, it just happened to land exactly on a pile of snow). The temperature was around +1 - 0C so it shouldnt be too cold for it to fly. I guess it got a little wet from the snow, so i immediately turned it off and took it inside and dried it with a hair dryer until it was completely dry.

Then i was going to take it for a quick spin to see that everything worked as it should. I got up into the air and so far so good, but then all of a sudden it lost connection and i lost it, it crashed into my neighbours backyard and luckily i was able to find it.(Not a scratch on it by the way). I then immediately took it inside to dry it with the hair dryer again since it got wet again, and now it starts without any problems(i replaced the battery of course) but, it says that there is ESC status problem's with it. I also updated the firmware to it, so maybe it has something to do with the update? (I pray to god that it's not water damaged and that it's just a bug from the firmware update).

Luckily i have the Refresh care for it, but i wonder if there is something i can do myself to fix this so i won't have to send it in and pay €89 for a replacement cause that would really suck!

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

/Robin
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Air. Since there were multiple crashes that occurred with the drone. There might be some internal damages that happened to the drone, that is why you are experiencing this issues.The best thing to do is for you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket: ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) and for you to be able to use your DJI Care Refresh. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter and a proper resolution will be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.
2019-12-2
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-2 13:10
Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Air. Since there were multiple crashes that occurred with the drone. There might be some internal damages that happened to the drone, that is why you are experiencing this issues.The best thing to do is for you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket: ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) and for you to be able to use your DJI Care Refresh. We have the professional team who would do their best to assists you with regards to this matter and a proper resolution will be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.

Hi Paladin and thanks for your quick response!

Alright, well the thing is that the second time i tried everything was working fine but all of a sudden it just lost connection (guess that tells me that it wasnt working fine lol), and the first "crash" was not hard at all. It just flew away really slowly by itself when i took off and into my car and then down on the pile of snow.  It was not windy at all outside so it had nothing to do with that either. I've heard of many people that has crashed their mavic air straight into water and that it has worked fine after drying it up.

But i guess i'm just unlucky and that the small amount of water messed something up in there. I am also 100% sure that it was completely dry inside and out the second time i tried to take off.

Anyways, i'll start a ticket now and we'll see what the resolution will be, thanks for your help and enjoy your evening!

Best regards,
Robin
2019-12-2
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-2 13:10

By the way, i am not sure whether i should use the DJI Care Refresh Express, or if i should use the DJI care refresh. What would you suggest for a confused man to do?

2019-12-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

YouMeanToTellMeThePropellersStartThemselves&DroneTakesOffWithoutYouCommandingIt?
Weird
2019-12-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

TheOnlyUnCommandedExperienceThatHasOccurredForMavicAirWasThisNovember2019WhenLandingNomallyFromAppreciableDescendDurationDroneIntentionallyHovered@WaistheightBeforeLandCommandInitiated.AlwaysVoiceDeclares"Landing"ButThisTimeDroneLandsWithoutVoice&PropsDontStopButInsteadRevThrustingSoDroneReturnsBackToWaistheightUncommandedToDoSo,Weird

CouldBeSlowPokeResponseTimeTheUltrasonicGroundedDetectionOrOverUtilizedProcessorCongestOfInstructionsPendingServicing
2019-12-2
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

cutis Posted at 12-2 15:43
YouMeanToTellMeThePropellersStartThemselves&DroneTakesOffWithoutYouCommandingIt?
Weird

Hey and thanks for your reply!

No the propellers did not start themselves and the drone took of, i commanded it to start and to take off, but normally when it takes off it takes off and straight up to the air and that's it. But after i had took off all of a sudden the drone really slowly moved without me commanding it to move and it flied by itself and flew into my car that was parked on my driveway.
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bobbe901 Posted at 12-2 13:57
By the way, i am not sure whether i should use the DJI Care Refresh Express, or if i should use the DJI care refresh. What would you suggest for a confused man to do?

Hi. Thank you for the additional update and inquiry. It is best that you send in the drone for us to be able to conduct an analysis and assessment on the said drone. After the analysis of our repair team that is the only time a quotation will be sent to you. After this process, It will be your decision whether or not you will continue with the repair or if you will use the DJI Care Refresh for the said drone. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-2
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-2 16:29
Hi. Thank you for the additional update and inquiry. It is best that you send in the drone for us to be able to conduct an analysis and assessment on the said drone. After the analysis of our repair team that is the only time a quotation will be sent to you. After this process, It will be your decision whether or not you will continue with the repair or if you will use the DJI Care Refresh for the said drone. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hey, alright well that makes sense. So i guess i should submit a repair request then? I'm not really sure how it works when i'm gonna send it in, but i guess i'll get all the information needed from the ticket.

I guess it will be cheaper for me to repair it instead of getting a replacement, plus that i will still have the opportunity to have my 2 replacements in case i need it in the future. (If it is possible to repair it so it works as it did before). That is a big security for me to have. Plus that i'll be able to extend the refresh care after one year which is my plan since i want to have my things insured in case something happens.

Do you know how fast it normally takes by the way? I was planning on shooting some footage on our local church on christmas eve if the weather allows me to and i really hope that i can get it back in time for this

Best regards!
/Robin

2019-12-3
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

Bobbe901 Posted at 12-3 07:17
Hey, alright well that makes sense. So i guess i should submit a repair request then? I'm not really sure how it works when i'm gonna send it in, but i guess i'll get all the information needed from the ticket.  

I guess it will be cheaper for me to repair it instead of getting a replacement, plus that i will still have the opportunity to have my 2 replacements in case i need it in the future. (If it is possible to repair it so it works as it did before). That is a big security for me to have. Plus that i'll be able to extend the refresh care after one year which is my plan since i want to have my things insured in case something happens.  

I'm filling in the repair request right now and i'm also not sure if this is a user error or a product issue, but i chose "User error", I could be wrong but i guess since i'm a total newbie it can be a user error, but i'm not sure! (Maybe i accidentely pushed some button so it would fly by itself at all the intelligent flight mode settings or something like that, but i'm pretty sure i didnt.)
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bobbe901 Posted at 12-3 09:33
I'm filling in the repair request right now and i'm also not sure if this is a user error or a product issue, but i chose "User error", I could be wrong but i guess since i'm a total newbie it can be a user error, but i'm not sure! (Maybe i accidentely pushed some button so it would fly by itself at all the intelligent flight mode settings or something like that, but i'm pretty sure i didnt.)

Hi, the local team will help when they receive the drone and will do a damage assessment. Data analysis can be applied if the drone is under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.​
2019-12-3
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 12-3 14:53
Hi, the local team will help when they receive the drone and will do a damage assessment. Data analysis can be applied if the drone is under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.​

Hi, thanks alot for clarifying everything for a confused man!

Have a nice evening!

/Robin
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bobbe901 Posted at 12-3 15:34
Hi, thanks alot for clarifying everything for a confused man!

Have a nice evening!

You're most welcome Bob. If anything else, please let us know.
2019-12-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

cutis Posted at 12-2 15:52
TheOnlyUnCommandedExperienceThatHasOccurredForMavicAirWasThisNovember2019WhenLandingNomallyFromAppreciableDescendDurationDroneIntentionallyHovered@WaistheightBeforeLandCommandInitiated.AlwaysVoiceDeclares"Landing"ButThisTimeDroneLandsWithoutVoice&PropsDontStopButInsteadRevThrustingSoDroneReturnsBackToWaistheightUncommandedToDoSo,Weird

CouldBeSlowPokeResponseTimeTheUltrasonicGroundedDetectionOrOverUtilizedProcessorCongestOfInstructionsPendingServicing

DidTheReasonComeForWeirdBehavior?
2019-12-5
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

cutis Posted at 12-5 20:01
DidTheReasonComeForWeirdBehavior?

ThisIsImportant.
Why?
ItCanHappenToYouItCanHappenToMeItCanHappenToAnybody.
ForumMissionOfUtilization?
Knowledge,Answers,Improvements,Redirectives,....
2019-12-5
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

cutis Posted at 12-5 20:06
ThisIsImportant.
Why?
ItCanHappenToYouItCanHappenToMeItCanHappenToAnybody.

Not really sure what you are trying to say, but i've got all the help i needed.

I wish you a good day tho buddy. (PS, ask santa for a new keyboard this year, with a space bar on it.)
2019-12-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

FlyawayAutonomouslyNotJoking
2019-12-11
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

191215OkayFinalFlightAccomplishedFridayEve&YupSameOleDisconnectButThisTimeNotOutwardsRadiusJourneyingButInwardsRadiusJourneying.
TheCommunityBeachParkIsInterfereFreeWhenFolksGoAway.
SoVisionIsBlind@NightButTheJourneyOutToHorizonIsObstacleFree&Back@CorridorHeight.
Video'dDinnerCruiseLinersHavingLotsOfIllumination@Sea.
OnReturn@Radius160ftElv140ftCompleteSeverageAsIfHostileSiezure.
RcNothingSilentVanishedImagery.
SeparationSoCloseHowCanItOccur?
ThereIsNoReconnect.
ThereIsNoAudioAlarms.
ApkIsStillNotConnected&RcStillNotConnected.
MavicAirBySatelliteLandsOffMarkSixFeetWithoutIllumination.
InitiatedServiceRequestMavicAirUbiquitousDisconnect.
SuspectElexPulsationForBroadcastEnergiesIntoAtmosphereDegradedFatiguedTired&Weariness.
ButHowToKnowHostilityElexJammingSiezedDrone?
2019-12-15
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43107 ft
United States

Bobbe901 Posted at 12-2 16:12
Hey and thanks for your reply!

No the propellers did not start themselves and the drone took of, i commanded it to start and to take off, but normally when it takes off it takes off and straight up to the air and that's it. But after i had took off all of a sudden the drone really slowly moved without me commanding it to move and it flied by itself and flew into my car that was parked on my driveway.

Exact same thing happened to mine after the firmware update.  Unfortunately mine broke
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_waZqUxTWvW1i
New
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 12-2 15:52

Hey, have you ever heard of spaces between words or can you just not be bothered taking the time to hit the space bar???
2019-12-25
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2019-12-3 15:41
You're most welcome Bob. If anything else, please let us know.

Hi!

So i'm bumping this thread so i wont have to make another one.

I've been out of country travelling for a while so i havent used my drone or given it any thoughts but i got home a couple of days ago and today i finally unboxed it. I just want to know about the dji care refresh. Does it automatically go over to my new mavic air without me having to do anything or do i have to activate something?

Thanks in advance

/Robin
2020-2-15
Use props
Bobbe901
lvl.1
Sweden

Bobbe901 Posted at 2-15 08:13
Hi!

So i'm bumping this thread so i wont have to make another one.

Just to clarify, i got a new drone by the care refresh insurance since i crashed my first one. The question is if the new drone that i've recieved automatically is covered by the dji care refresh or if i have to activate it for the new drone i recieved.
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bobbe901 Posted at 2-15 11:28
Just to clarify, i got a new drone by the care refresh insurance since i crashed my first one. The question is if the new drone that i've recieved automatically is covered by the dji care refresh or if i have to activate it for the new drone i recieved.

Hi, we sent you a PM. Please check. Thank you!
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules