Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released(12/02/2019)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.12.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0312
  • Remote Controller Firmware:
           Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0307
           Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0312
  • D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0307
  • DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.2
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.8
  • DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.13

What’s New?
  • Added an option to control the Terrain Rendering Map Display in the app. When planning a Terrain Awareness operation, users can enable or disable the display in General Settings.
  • Fixed the issue where the Waypoint operations could not include the absolute altitude when exporting the operations.

Notes:
  • The aircraft cannot be downgraded to v02.02.0011 or a lower version after this firmware update.
  • After updating this firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
  • The firmware for the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can only be updated using the DJI GS RTK app.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v1.2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

2019-12-2
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

Good to see some updates to the terrain following functionality. But terrrain following is still woefully underdeveloped. Please add KML support and cross grid flight patterns. Also it would be nice if the app controlled drone speed based on ambeint lighting, like Map Pilot. I've been using map pilot for years. Unforutnately, DJI's terrain following doesnt compare. We shouldn't have to use Third Party Apps to fly an $8k drone.
2019-12-3
Use props
p4pEric
lvl.2

United States

I am having recurring trouble with multiple P4RTK drones across multiple client platforms with this update. DJI assistant 2 for Phantom in version 2.0.8 does not offer 02.02.0307 firmware update for the controller, and when downloading 02.02.0307 on the controller, it fails at around 80% and gives a message of "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version". Does anyone know how to get around this? Has anyone successfully updated to this firmware version on the controller? If so, what was your process?

Thanks in advance!
2019-12-3
Use props
gewe glacier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481900 ft
Austria

Hi,
I did update the P4R with DJI Assistant. The remote was only possible to update with the bin-file in the root of the sd card. On power up I was asked if I want to update with the new found file. After updating I did delete the file on the sd card
Gernot
2019-12-4
Use props
fans5ab440e7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646266 ft
Lithuania

Skyveyor112 Posted at 12-3 07:35
Good to see some updates to the terrain following functionality. But terrrain following is still woefully underdeveloped. Please add KML support and cross grid flight patterns. Also it would be nice if the app controlled drone speed based on ambeint lighting, like Map Pilot. I've been using map pilot for years. Unforutnately, DJI's terrain following doesnt compare. We shouldn't have to use Third Party Apps to fly an $8k drone.

Hi, could you please elaborate on how to use Map Pilot for RTK with built in display? Thanks
2019-12-5
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

fans5ab440e7 Posted at 12-5 07:44
Hi, could you please elaborate on how to use Map Pilot for RTK with built in display? Thanks

you can't. The built in display doens't support any third party apps. I use Map Pilot with our P4P. If you want to use Map Pilot with PRTK you need to buy the SDK remote controller. I haven't used Map Pilot with PRTK
2019-12-5
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2
Portugal

Skyveyor112 Posted at 12-5 18:54
you can't. The built in display doens't support any third party apps. I use Map Pilot with our P4P. If you want to use Map Pilot with PRTK you need to buy the SDK remote controller. I haven't used Map Pilot with PRTK

Dear all,

I've the same problem with my phantom 4 rtk with builtin display. I have update the aircraft firmware but I can't update the RC firmware.
Were I can find the bin file to install it via SDcard? Or alternatively, How can I delete the old firmware sessions of the RC?

This is very frustrating issue.
Gil
2019-12-9
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2
Portugal

gilrito Posted at 12-9 05:00
Dear all,

I've the same problem with my phantom 4 rtk with builtin display. I have update the aircraft firmware but I can't update the RC firmware.

I fixed the problem by installing the bin from the sdcard.
Thanks
2019-12-9
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

gilrito Posted at 12-9 05:00
Dear all,

Hi Gil,  you can find more tips in the following thread:

Home / Products / Phantom / Phantom 4 RTK
Issue installing Firmware v02.02.0307 (2019-12-02)

Cheers,
Maurizio
2019-12-9
Use props
alain.freiburghaus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hex there

Since the last firmware update i can't reconnect the RC with the aircraft.
The RC is linked an i can move the gimbal with my RC.
So, there must be some kind of connection, but i don't have an image  and I can't take off.

Has anyone had the same problem before? Or does anyone know a solution?

Many thanks for every advice!

2019-12-11
Use props
UAmetry
lvl.2

United States

How do you update the mobile base station?

I connect the base station to the RC and go into the device firmware update but don't see any update for the base station. The current base station fw version is 02.01.0012 but this thread shows the base station latest fw is 02.02.0307.

How do I upgrade the fw on the base station?

Thanks,
CJ
2019-12-14
Use props
MichaelGSmith
lvl.1
United States

Hello. I have tried and tried and I am very tech savvy. There is something wrong with this update. I was able to get it to install on the RC but not able to do anything with the P4RTK nor the D-RTK 2. I was also unable to use the Assistant 2. In fact it wasn't any help what-so-ever. I guess there is just something wrong with the update. Kind of sucks. You would think they would be better than that.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans5e45a693
lvl.1
Brazil

gewe glacier Posted at 2019-12-4 11:10
Hi,
I did update the P4R with DJI Assistant. The remote was only possible to update with the bin-file in the root of the sd card. On power up I was asked if I want to update with the new found file. After updating I did delete the file on the sd card
Gernot

Hello,
Where can I find the bin file for this update?
Thanks!
2020-2-13
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

The RC controller does not update with Assistant or via the controller itself. YOU HAVE TO USE SD CARD METHOD. This works fine. My main gripe is the only update on the release notes is ability in general settings to turn off terrain data in terrain aware mode. Great I thought, worth the three hours and countless calls to support to update the drone for. Only after getting it all working there is no option to switch off terrain that I can find in general settings or anywhere else. Have support trying to find it for me. Will update when I find the toggle switch for terrain. Would be pretty funny if this update does absolutely nothing. Maybe its a test or payback for all the negative gripes on this forum. Hahaha
2020-2-13
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239183 ft
Germany

The 02 02 307 RC as well as the 02 02 0312 P4R firmware for the P4R doesnt seem to install. I tried Assistant 2  and installing from the controller both do not work. There is always a error "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version" - tried it a dozen times - seems to a problem with the firmware file. The bin file is also not avail online. Resetting the cache of the Androi OS and removing cache - resetting to the old versuib 02010009 and -the old P4R firmware already tested - makes no difference.
Any ideas DJI?  I am now running 02-01-0012 (RC) and 02 02  0011 on the P4R. upgrading to the 02 02 0312 always runs to 99% and stops with error message.
Regards! Sören

2020-2-21
Use props
shese
lvl.1
Germany

The 02 02 307 RC as well as the 02 02 0312 P4R firmware for the P4R doesnt seem to install. I tried Assistant 2  and installing from the controller both do not work. There is always a error "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version" - tried it a dozen times - seems to a problem with the firmware file. The bin file is also not avail online. Resetting the cache of the Androi OS and removing cache - resetting to the old versuib 02010009 and -the old P4R firmware already tested - makes no difference.  Any ideas DJI?  I am now running 02-01-0012 (RC) and 02 02  0011 on the P4R. upgrading to the 02 02 0312 always runs to 99% and stops with error message.  Regards! Sören
2020-2-21
Use props
shese
lvl.1
Germany

info@soerenhese.de Posted at 2-21 07:47
The 02 02 307 RC as well as the 02 02 0312 P4R firmware for the P4R doesnt seem to install. I tried Assistant 2  and installing from the controller both do not work. There is always a error "Firmware verification failed, reloading current firmware version" - tried it a dozen times - seems to a problem with the firmware file. The bin file is also not avail online. Resetting the cache of the Androi OS and removing cache - resetting to the old versuib 02010009 and -the old P4R firmware already tested - makes no difference.
Any ideas DJI?  I am now running 02-01-0012 (RC) and 02 02  0011 on the P4R. upgrading to the 02 02 0312 always runs to 99% and stops with error message.  
Regards! Sören

update: I managed to update the controller with the bin file on the sd card. Its now on version 307 but the problems with the rtk copter update remain a source of frustration. So far both possibilities to update the copter firmware failed: 1. using DJI Assistand 2.08 For Phantom and 2. updating from the controller.  The problem is that the update stops at 99% and than says failed

2020-2-22
Use props
shese
lvl.1
Germany

shese Posted at 2-22 05:52
update: I managed to update the controller with the bin file on the sd card. Its now on version 307 but the problems with the rtk copter update remain a source of frustration. So far both possibilities to update the copter firmware failed: 1. using DJI Assistand 2.08 For Phantom and 2. updating from the controller.  The problem is that the update stops at 99% and than says failed

[view_image]

update: copter update to 312 now worked from a win10 PC using DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. Wonder why it didnt work with my Mac. But it went trough smoothly on Win10 -  same Assistant 2 for Phantom version. So ok forget the Mac than for these updates!
regards! Sören  
2020-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules