Charging FPV Lipo Batteries | Best Charger ??
3629 3 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Guys,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying my first FPV drone with the DJI FPV System built into it (Ready-To-Fly) build.  However, I feel like I have this huge cloud over my head regarding the best/safest way to charge batteries for one of these newer FPV drones.  I've watched a bunch of videos but now freakin out I might burn the house down with these Lipo Batteries.  Holly smokes!! Have you guys seen one of these explode..YIKES!!

Can anyone recommend a really good battery charger for my FPV Lipo batteries.  I'll be buying some 6S batteries (for the drone) and looks like I'll need at least one (1) 4S battery for the DJI FPV Goggles as well.  I want to keep this simple and safe.....any really good videos out there anyone can recommend or make some strong recommendations on a great charger?  Whatever the solution it looks like I want to make sure it can also 'Balance' the batteries as welll.

I just can't find a good (recent) video charging 6S batteries & 4S batteries for an DJI FPV System.  I'd love to see a full walk-through of this start-to-finish so I know exactly what I'm doing and exactly what I should buy.  Any helps appreciated....  

Thank you in advance guys,

2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ron. Thank you for reaching out and for the interest with the FPV drones. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to what is the best charger in charging the FPV Lipo Batteries. Thank you.
2019-12-3
Use props
DrewDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17303 ft
China

Hello Ron!

It is a huge step going into the FPV world and since you seem to be fairly new, it is a good thing that you are worried about the right things. Lipo batteries can be extremely dangerous as you've seen on the internet.

I myself got the D6 Pro from HOTA - after countless hours of youtubing and reviews and what not this is what I found to be the safest for me. It is not the cheapest by all means, but it is a charger you will keep for a very long time.

It retails for 119 USD and didn't even know they had a blue color! Joshua Bardwell has a

I hope this helps, and good luck! I hope you have been flying on the sim before you go and fly FPV for the first time!  
2019-12-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrewDrones Posted at 12-4 02:12
Hello Ron!

It is a huge step going into the FPV world and since you seem to be fairly new, it is a good thing that you are worried about the right things. Lipo batteries can be extremely dangerous as you've seen on the internet.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out that charger.   Yes, I've been flying on the LiftOff SIM for the past two months.  Crazy how much there is to learn but I'm getting there....one piece at a time.

Thanks again....
2019-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules