Incorrect location when exporting to Instagram
917 7 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

When using the Osmo pocket for any photos i have noticed the default location information comes up with Iran, I live in Tasmania, Australia. It only happens when taking images with the Osmo Pocket. Does anyone know why?
2019-12-3
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had a similar issue when downloading to my Mac. It labeled some of my photos as being in England when I was actually in Italy. All other photos on the same sd card were correct just a handful were wrong country.
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. With regards to this matter. Prior from getting this issue, have you tried to changed your time zone on the mobile device before taking the photos? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-4
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-4 10:07
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. With regards to this matter. Prior from getting this issue, have you tried to changed your time zone on the mobile device before taking the photos? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

No i haven't changed anything, I don't travel out of the country so i don't understand why on the Osmo Pocket has this issue. Any other photos i take (Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Mavic 2 or iPhone Camera) have no issues on location only the Osmo Pocket.
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DarkZero Posted at 12-5 21:01
No i haven't changed anything, I don't travel out of the country so i don't understand why on the Osmo Pocket has this issue. Any other photos i take (Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Mavic 2 or iPhone Camera) have no issues on location only the Osmo Pocket.

Hi. Thank you for the update and additional insights. When these photos were taken, Was there other mobile device used on the Osmo Pocket? If there was other mobile device used on the said gimbal. May I know the model of the mobile device used. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-6
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 09:57
Hi. Thank you for the update and additional insights. When these photos were taken, Was there other mobile device used on the Osmo Pocket? If there was other mobile device used on the said gimbal. May I know the model of the mobile device used. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Only my iPhone 8 Plus has ever interfaced with the Osmo Pocket.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DarkZero Posted at 12-10 02:06
Only my iPhone 8 Plus has ever interfaced with the Osmo Pocket.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the additional information. For the said issue, I would recommend please try to update the latest firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video for updating the firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-10
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 11:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the additional information. For the said issue, I would recommend please try to update the latest firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video for updating the firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XwEDN68DhA

Updated to latest firmware.
Still the same.
Attached are two photos, Osmo Pocket displaying location as the Old Mill Rose Valley Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
iPhone 8 Plus camera displaying correct location of Hobart Tasmania.
2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules