27535 201 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-4 04:35
Cmon, noise from motors is not mechanical, it is lill bit incorrect PID settings, so it is easily fixable by firmwhare

if it's not mechanical i.e the noise of moving parts, what would be causing the noise?
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s RC as well .
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Great, Best FW updates are those that optimize your craft and Remote, I know no new features yet, but Christmas is coming lol
2019-12-4
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I just want more features lol.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I can confirm, the annoying gimbal noise is now GONE, so it really looks like others mention a matter of fine tuning the PID values.
Have to do some fly tests but this is very promising, peace of mind now is FW and not mechanical.
2019-12-4
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-4 04:35
Cmon, noise from motors is not mechanical, it is lill bit incorrect PID settings, so it is easily fixable by firmwhare

they fixed pids as it seems, the gimbal oscillation is gone on my model.  
2019-12-4
Use props
Bims Bortsch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400492 ft
Germany

3rd party PGYTECH CPL-Filter worked before the update.
Now the gimbal wobbles up and down, if the filter is attached, and in the app the error message appears that the gimbal motor is overloaded.
Personally, it does not bother me, I just leave away the filter. Without the little extra weight of the filter, everything is fine.
For information only, if others should also experience problems using ND / CPL filters.

I flew some rounds today, there were no problems otherwise.
2019-12-4
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
United States

Bims Bortsch Posted at 12-4 07:45
3rd party PGYTECH CPL-Filter worked before the update.
Now the gimbal wobbles up and down, if the filter is attached, and in the app the error message appears that the gimbal motor is overloaded.
Personally, it does not bother me, I just leave away the filter. Without the little extra weight of the filter, everything is fine.

it makes sense, as they most likely reduced voltage on the gimbal motor and adjusted pids, to remove oscillation. i will try to fly it outside to see if it made anything worse, but it does not seem so.
2019-12-4
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

RBI Posted at 12-3 23:07
Why should a $ 400 drone be able to do the same as a $ 1000 drone?

I post to say that I read many people who seem to bother them that other users ask for features such as panorama or the useful way to follow me. They always say that it is a drone of € 400 / $ that on the other hand, IS NOT CHEAP ALSO, there must be a lot of rich here from what I see. THE GREAT SALE of this drone, gentlemen, IS YOUR WEIGHT, to be able to fly where with others you cannot. And asking for what is requested is pirque IT IS VERY USEFUL, not on a whim. If I could fly my Phantom through the street, which has everything I need, I wouldn't buy the mini.
2019-12-4
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
United States

the gimbal upward 'kick' issue is still there, btw - seems to be driven by something else than just pids.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 12-4 09:32
I post to say that I read many people who seem to bother them that other users ask for features such as panorama or the useful way to follow me. They always say that it is a drone of € 400 / $ that on the other hand, IS NOT CHEAP ALSO, there must be a lot of rich here from what I see. THE GREAT SALE of this drone, gentlemen, IS YOUR WEIGHT, to be able to fly where with others you cannot. And asking for what is requested is pirque IT IS VERY USEFUL, not on a whim. If I could fly my Phantom through the street, which has everything I need, I wouldn't buy the mini.

Totally agree.
In general I think there are just a lot of users with bigger more expensive drone who somehow wish the Mini stays as a Toy so is no competition.

And I also agree the planet we live in, is huge, and unfortunately most people cannot afford even a Mavic Mini... which in my case even at 500euro for combo + some accessories + DJI Care quickly becomes a wage. Not that everybody is rich but certainly many people in this forum can afford very expensive stuff, so they call the Mini "cheap".

I had to make quite an effort to buy this and I had to convince my Girl Friend too lol
2019-12-4
Use props
fansbea3d3f1
New

United States

Elias22 Posted at 12-4 02:14
Well I'm no expert but the MM had problems with stability in the cold before but they fixed that through an update. I personally don't mind if it can't be fixed through an update since it only happens in the cold. I was merely wondering if this update had anything to do with that.

What I've done to mitigate this is let the DJI Mavic Mini sit in the cold without a battery for about 10 min in the outside temperature, keeping the battery in a warm space. This seems to result in the gimbal not going crazy after a several minutes.

I did try warming up the DJI Mavic Mini before letting it fly and it seems to cause the gimbal shake to occur sooner versus later. It is ODD to say the least. I have not tried flying it post-update from this morning, but I'll update as soon as I get to fly.

Thanks. L
2019-12-4
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Crummett Posted at 12-4 04:51
if it's not mechanical i.e the noise of moving parts, what would be causing the noise?

Current going trough motor windings
2019-12-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-4 11:17
Current going trough motor windings

Oh interesting. So it’s the high frequency ringing of current?
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-4 11:17
Oh interesting. So it’s the high frequency ringing of current?

The fact of moving at certain speeds create different frequencies or pitch tones, I actually have played music many times using my CNC with 3 stepper motors, specially "happy birthday" for friends and family

This are tiny motors which can be controlled digitally, there are a lot of values tha go with them, like amount of "steps" in a stepper, or angle in a servo, direction, limits, current, maximum speeds, acceleration ramps... like in 3D printers, you control the exact values of the motors to compensate for errors, and fine tune you device.

I guess here the values were a bit off, or too high, mine gave me a message gimbal overheating, which suggest even in cold environment the motors were getting too hot, and not functioning propperly.
2019-12-4
Use props
fansbea3d3f1
New

United States

Elias22 Posted at 12-4 02:14
Well I'm no expert but the MM had problems with stability in the cold before but they fixed that through an update. I personally don't mind if it can't be fixed through an update since it only happens in the cold. I was merely wondering if this update had anything to do with that.

What I've done to mitigate this is let the DJI Mavic Mini sit in the cold without a battery for about 10 min in the outside temperature, keeping the battery in a warm space. This seems to result in the gimbal not going crazy after a several minutes.

I did try warming up the DJI Mavic Mini before letting it fly and it seems to cause the gimbal shake to occur sooner versus later. It is ODD to say the least. I have not tried flying it post-update from this morning, but I'll update as soon as I get to fly.

Thanks. L
2019-12-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-4 11:58
The fact of moving at certain speeds create different frequencies or pitch tones, I actually have played music many times using my CNC with 3 stepper motors, specially "happy birthday" for friends and family

This are tiny motors which can be controlled digitally, there are a lot of values tha go with them, like amount of "steps" in a stepper, or angle in a servo, direction, limits, current... like in 3D printers, you control the exact values of the motors to compensate for errors, and fine tune you device.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Interesting! I’m going to go vanish into reading about gimbals
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-4 12:36
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Interesting! I’m going to go vanish into reading about gimbals

A good example here and a tutorial too! lol
2019-12-4
Use props
Shrex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30518 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone noticed their mini drifting around a bit more now when it should be hovering still after doing this update? Mine now seems to hover ok one minute, but then starts to drift off in random directions, which is odd I've not seen this happen before, also it seems more twitchy when hovering indoors. I thought I'd ask as I thought it hovered more stable before, but could just be me imagining this.
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

the1shark Posted at 12-4 00:17
* Increased flight stability in some scenarios. * Optimized propulsion system status prompts.

Let's hope no more 30168 aka "Max power load reached" you are domed messages ..

I assume the max power load reached still happens it just doesn't show you. : )
2019-12-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 00:39
Does this include unlocking authorisation zones?

You can't unlock the authorization zone through the website?
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-4
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

Still can not unlock the Geofencing?   It is very sad that we have a drone that can not fly.
2019-12-4
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Shrex Posted at 12-4 13:04
Has anyone noticed their mini drifting around a bit more now when it should be hovering still after doing this update? Mine now seems to hover ok one minute, but then starts to drift off in random directions, which is odd I've not seen this happen before, also it seems more twitchy when hovering indoors. I thought I'd ask as I thought it hovered more stable before, but could just be me imagining this.

Recalibrate compass;)
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-4 10:12
Totally agree.
In general I think there are just a lot of users with bigger more expensive drone who somehow wish the Mini stays as a Toy so is no competition.

I somewhat agree with you, I own other drones with a lot more capabilities and features than a mini , but I would like to some more features on my mini but not if it was going to have any detrimental effect on the processor in the mini, some mini owners want all the features of bigger drones but this is not possible, the mini flys really well video quality is exceptional, these are the best features of any drone and shouldn’t be compromised.
Having used many dji drones over many years I have found dji have never been shy of updating their drones or cameras and I don’t expect with mini it will be any different, I read around the forum that this can be added that can be added we should have this we should have that, but I think it’s most likely dji already have a plan for mini and I would think it’s to enhance it not drive it over the top, let’s hope we get another update before Christmas to enhance mini .
2019-12-4
Use props
nexus_redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DingDong101 Posted at 12-4 01:52
Hopefully the drifting when flying indoors is fixed. Can't wait to get home and test it.

The drifting indoors is caused by dark light, ground vision sensors need a minimum of light, otherwise the mavic mini flying frog turns into atti-mode and can't hold position anymore stable, same with auto break...
2019-12-4
Use props
nexus_redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 14:19
I somewhat agree with you, I own other drones with a lot more capabilities and features than a mini , but I would like to some more features on my mini but not if it was going to have any detrimental effect on the processor in the mini, some mini owners want all the features of bigger drones but this is not possible, the mini flys really well video quality is exceptional, these are the best features of any drone and shouldn’t be compromised.
Having used many dji drones over many years I have found dji have never been shy of updating their drones or cameras and I don’t expect with mini it will be any different, I read around the forum that this can be added that can be added we should have this we should have that, but I think it’s most likely dji already have a plan for mini and I would think it’s to enhance it not drive it over the top, let’s hope we get another update before Christmas to enhance mini .

Can we have the ability added to hover to space? Or that the mini can bake bread? ;-)

Totally agree with you. I would be already happy if dji could fix existing problems, such as the bottom video distortion line, jello/shaky effect especially in colder conditions.

Maybe add following/tracking mode. Not that hard to do. And some bits and bytes more don't increase weight :-)

Greetings from austria
2019-12-4
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

have updated firmware to 1.03.
Is a step backward for me compared witht 1.02
reasons:
1. Live orientation display is out by almost 90 degrees. Was almost perfect in 1.02.
2. Gimbal keeps jerking when I angle it down to 0 degrees an move forward. Display and recording make sudden jumping changes. Same as before.
3. Have not noticed improvement in flight stability,
was already quite good.
4. Video live display stutters badly when I set recording to cache - same as in 1.02.

I will roll back tonight to 1.02 and hope DJI Assistant will let me do this.
2019-12-4
Use props
tcg550
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Just got mine today, the first thing I did was update the firmware then calibrate everything.

The next thing I did was fly in my kind of dark kind of small living room with a tan area rug, light colored hardwood floors, and no GPS signal. It did not drift at all when hoovering and was a dream to fly.
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

I also see the battery image on top right is still white can't really see the percentage of the battery, hopefully on the next update.
2019-12-4
Use props
fans40b390e7
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 00:39
Does this include unlocking authorisation zones?

Nope! Still can not fly by my house in a blue zone.
2019-12-4
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

The Spark had the panorama feature and it definitely was not a $1000 drone. As a matter of fact, it had several panorama options.
2019-12-4
Use props
__Raven__
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135052 ft
Australia

Huh....? $400 drone shouldn't be able to do panoramas? Your reply has got to be a joke, because the DJI Spark can do panoramas...and that's the same price point as a Mavic Mini...
2019-12-4
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

__Raven__ Posted at 12-4 21:38
Huh....? $400 drone shouldn't be able to do panoramas? Your reply has got to be a joke, because the DJI Spark can do panoramas...and that's the same price point as a Mavic Mini...

Humanity quickly forgets ......
Spark release date price $699 > without panorama function, which came later with updates.
Furthermore, Panorama at Spark, only works properly without wind. almost useless performens compared to the Mavic Pro's or Phantom models.
2019-12-5
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After firmwareupdate I cannot find anymore:" GIMBAL smooth settings" to change speed of the gimbal turning???
Somebody found it?
2019-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans40b390e7 Posted at 12-4 18:19
Nope! Still can not fly by my house in a blue zone.

What a pain, I thought they had promised that for December.
2019-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 12-4 13:06
You can't unlock the authorization zone through the website?

Not yet,  the feature is not available.
2019-12-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 01:48
Not yet,  the feature is not available.

Why fly it when you have an M2P?

Using the Spark is downgrade but it's great for orbit selfies.  The M2 and bigger are too dangerous.
2019-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 12-5 02:21
Why fly it when you have an M2P?

Using the Spark is downgrade but it's great for orbit selfies.  The M2 and bigger are too dangerous.

I love the M2P,  but the mini would be useful for traveling to some countries like Turkey where the weight excuses it from being regulated.  If customs check you they would confiscate a M2P in turkey but not the Mini.
2019-12-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 02:35
I love the M2P,  but the mini would be useful for traveling to some countries like Turkey where the weight excuses it from being regulated.  If customs check you they would confiscate a M2P in turkey but not the Mini.

yeah, why even travel?
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules