Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can’t change RTH height during a RTH
3556 8 2019-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

So today I had a situation where I set my RTH height to 120ft and flew about 1 mile away at a height of 385ft. Lost connection and confirmed the RTH. I then worried that 120ft may not be high enough for some very tall trees I would be flying over. I went into menu and tried to adjust the RTH height slider to increase the height but it was locked and unable to adjust. Maybe this makes sense as I realize you want that set before you ever take off. But in flipping back to camera mode the height it was RTH at was in fact my 385ft. Either the display did not update the actual height or the mini did not descend to 120ft. No harm no foul, just thought I'd mention it.

D
2019-12-3
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when the drone is returning home, can you not ascend to the height you wish by moving the sticks?
also did you update to the latest software, i think there was a bug earlier.
2019-12-3
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

That is normal. If RTH is started while flying higher than the set RTH altitude, the drone will keep flying at the current altitude. It won't descend to the RTH altitude, only ascend if needed.

I recommend you read through the RTH section of the manual. In fact, the whole manual is packed with useful information that can come in really handy.
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the RTH feature. It is advisable to finalize the settings for the RTH before taking off, since once the DJI Mavic Mini takes off it will record the RTH settings and this will help the drone to calculate, if the drone has enough battery to complete the RTH procedure. In addition I will be posting a link
( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.0_en_.pdf ) for the Manual of the DJI Mavic Mini for more details. Thank you for you valued support.

2019-12-4
Use props
Neoner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21896 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-4 09:12
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the RTH feature. It is advisable to finalize the settings for the RTH before taking off, since once the DJI Mavic Mini takes off it will record the RTH settings and this will help the drone to calculate, if the drone has enough battery to complete the RTH procedure. In addition I will be posting a link
( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_.pdf ) for the Manual of the DJI Mavic Mini for more details. Thank you for you valued support.

You can cancel the RTH and fly it manually
2019-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

At 350 ft you were ok so drone will return at this height, if you want to lower craft at anytime during Rth you can but only manually, good to remember when wind is strong .
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I know it feels tempting, but don't you feel a bit cencerned at that distance?
Im new Pilot too, and I have been gradually taking the AC further and further making sure I'm learning and getting better, after 100m is hard to see it, and at 200m is invisible... I think for 85% of jobs, 250m distance is pretty Ok.

Practicing and getting familiar with how RTH works seems like a good/safe idea to me. Then when the AC really needs to you will feel more relaxed.

Glad you managed to recover it with no problems!
So if you think you are going to loose sight of the AC, first make sure you set a RTH height accordingly before you go far. If you loose sight chances are you could loose connection too with some sort of intereference, object in between or either by not gaining enough altitude for that distance. The further you go the higher you must ascend for propper connection betwen RC and AC.
2019-12-4
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

thx for reminder about the manual. Too much to remember! It makes sense that it wouldn't descend on RTH if the altitude is already higher than the RTH height. I'm building my confidence flying further away. I also have a Mavic Pro and I've always been terrified of losing it by flying further so I figure I'll get comfortable doing it with the Mini and then I'll feel more confident with my Pro with things like Litchi etc.

But you are correct - most of the time 250m is plenty to get good footage.

2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

davidms Posted at 12-4 10:41
thx for reminder about the manual. Too much to remember! It makes sense that it wouldn't descend on RTH if the altitude is already higher than the RTH height. I'm building my confidence flying further away. I also have a Mavic Pro and I've always been terrified of losing it by flying further so I figure I'll get comfortable doing it with the Mini and then I'll feel more confident with my Pro with things like Litchi etc.

But you are correct - most of the time 250m is plenty to get good footage.

Yeah the manual is not like friendly, but it is important to read everything quite a few times, I read it once in my mother tongue, Spanish, but several times in English. There is only a few "critical" areas in the manual, and one is RTH.

Like you say, use the Mini as a way to build yuor confidence up, with more expensive drones, but bare in mind this little guy would fly away easily and get crashed/lost very easy too.
2019-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules