Smooth Track - Where are you?!
15141 12 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPAX
New
United States

I just received my Ronin-S this weekend, and am going through youtube videos to dial in the settings. But EVERY video I've found starts with "turn smooth track on." Y'all. WHERE IS IT? ha! I'm running the latest version of the app, 1.2.6(129) and the very latest firmware (2.1.1.0), and the app looks different than anything I can find online, and I can't find Smooth Track at all. What am I overlooking? Ronin S App Homepage Screenshot.jpg
2019-12-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Couldn't find it on Facebook either lol will look later when I get back
2019-12-4
Use props
JPAX
New
United States

M2Wair Posted at 12-4 07:41
Couldn't find it on Facebook either lol will look later when I get back

Yep, I looked in Ronin user groups for the answer before coming here and couldn't find what I needed
2019-12-4
Use props
JPAX
New
United States

I called and spoke with someone in Ronin support. At first he tried to tell me that smooth track was in Motor Paramaters > Basic > More. Uhhhh. There are 8 options there (attitude, gyro, etc), none of which are SmoothTrack, and each have Pan, Tilt, Roll. So he tried to tell me that the one-button "Smooth Track" was now the 24 options listed here. I pushed back because there's no way one button turned into 24, and he put me on hold again, and when he came back he'd changed his mind and said "Smooth Track is now always on, so you don't need any button for it." So I asked how to turn it off, which has been an option on the Ronin since day 1. "You can't turn it off." Uhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure that doesn't sound right either. On hold again. And he comes back and says he doesn't know, and that he is the only Ronin S support person, so I'm out of luck. His supervisor, who he says isn't actually a support person, will call me today or tomorrow. Not sure what that person will do, if the actual support guy obviously has no idea what on earth is going on. SUPER frustrating. 33 more minutes wasted, after almost  two fruitless hours of searching online. Thanks, DJI!
2019-12-4
Use props
JPAX
New
United States

Supervisor just called. Told me that smootrack was taken away. Then proceeded to read me the list of what was updated in the latest app update.... because that was helpful? Then again told me that SmoothTrack no longer exists. Then put me on hold, came back and told me that SmoothTrack is there and is automatically enabled and can't be turned on or off bc it's always on. Then told me that it doesn't exist. Then told me again that it does exist, but, ya know, invisibly?

These people obviously have NO IDEA how to support their products, but will happily tell you bad information over and over.

First DJI product and NOT IMPRESSED with this lack of knowledge and care.
2019-12-4
Use props
user6422f65964
New

United Kingdom

The exact same problem
2019-12-7
Use props
user6422f65964
New

United Kingdom

I swore never to get DJI again...,.........I should of listened
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the late response, the Smoothtrack has been optimized in the APP, please enter APP homepage, then enter User Profile, you are able to select different modes, such as FPV, Ronin-S will follow your movement on Pan, Tilt and Roll axes, that is, enable Smoothtrack.
If you would like to turn off Smoothtrack, you may select Customized, then tap the motors on the left to customizes gimbal follow behaviors. APP.png app 2.png
2019-12-31
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would they do that, I just bought it thinking it would be there. now I cant find any video showing me a good setting for real-estate videos. If someone could help me out on this.
2020-3-31
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cayton828 Posted at 3-31 12:35
Why would they do that, I just bought it thinking it would be there. now I cant find any video showing me a good setting for real-estate videos. If someone could help me out on this.

Cayton:

I have mine set up like this for an orbit shot--generally smooth and did not require slowing down footage to eliminate jitters.  My impression is that the new Ronin-S firmware may be better than previous releases.  See attached.  Your equipment set-up may require slightly different parameters.  Let me know your results.

Don
2020-4-1
Use props
Bayram Kucam
New

Belgium

@dji mindy,
hello admin i need some help for user profile of my ronin s with canon c200 and sigma 24-70 lens. I cant see some examples of user profile for this situation....
2020-4-24
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 4-1 11:44
Cayton:

I have mine set up like this for an orbit shot--generally smooth and did not require slowing down footage to eliminate jitters.  My impression is that the new Ronin-S firmware may be better than previous releases.  See attached.  Your equipment set-up may require slightly different parameters.  Let me know your results.

Nice settings!
2020-5-14
Use props
Kosh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-31 06:15
Hi all, sorry for the late response, the Smoothtrack has been optimized in the APP, please enter APP homepage, then enter User Profile, you are able to select different modes, such as FPV, Ronin-S will follow your movement on Pan, Tilt and Roll axes, that is, enable Smoothtrack.
If you would like to turn off Smoothtrack, you may select Customized, then tap the motors on the left to customizes gimbal follow behaviors.[view_image][view_image]

Thank You! I’m new to Gimbals and just spent 2 days looking to get that ‘glide cam’ experience out of it.
These settings achieved that for me.
Thanks again!!
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules