Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI mavic mini flyaway
12Next >
5405 47 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirLysy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412717 ft
Ireland

My mavic mini flyaway in first flight,  I’m have 100 flight with 4 different DJI drones in past and zero crash or flyaway, just few days ago got mini, went outside to do test , got gps lock went up do few photos, fly bit away from me and them got few power errors, pressed rth but nothing happened just went up to my rth settings and nothing so I switch to sport mode but drone fly his own way, didn’t react to my commands, he flyaway and I lost signal, waited few minutes doesn’t rth so I went to car and drive to last saved location, spend hours walking and didn’t find it, so I have 500€ drone for 5minutes only, Went to fill contact form to DJI, they ask me for logs details etc, send all and after few days they reply that it was wind fault because at minut 1:11 of flight I got message strong wind fly with caution, like I say at beginning I have experience with DJI drones and checked weather before fly, also my previous drones often was giving me this warning without much wind, anyway they say drone was flying away on his own at 1.8 m/s so it’s mean it was windy, by mini spec it should handle 8 m/s so even if was pushed by 1.8ms by wind I should manage to fly to home but drone wasn’t reacting on commands, even I have refresh warranty paid they blame wind and I have no drone to send for replace, I’m really disappointed with this drone and support, whatever happens there I’m have no chance to prove anything because they say it was wind and end of story, just be careful guys with it thanks
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SirLysy, we are so sorry for your loss, usually the wind in the air is different from the ground, the drone will judge the wind speed and give you warning, at flight time 01:20, the warning of “strong wind, fly with caution” appeared in the APP, we do not recommend to keep flying.
The drone tilted forward for 17.1 degrees to RTH, tilted leftward 16.4 degrees to resist the wind, but it was still blown away at 1.1m/s, which indicates that there was strong wind affecting the aircraft.

The accident was not caused by the product defect, the warranty service cannot be provided, thanks for your understanding.
2019-12-4
Use props
SirLysy
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-4 19:41
Hi SirLysy, we are so sorry for your loss, usually the wind in the air is different from the ground, the drone will judge the wind speed and give you warning, at flight time 01:20, the warning of “strong wind, fly with caution” appeared in the APP, we do not recommend to keep flying.
The drone tilted forward for 17.1 degrees to RTH, tilted leftward 16.4 degrees to resist the wind, but it was still blown away at 1.1m/s, which indicates that there was strong wind affecting the aircraft.

Hi there is no way that it was so windy to mini not manage , specially it’s should handle 8m/s, this post is exactly about it, we customers have no way to prove product fault, DJI judge by own data, you wasn’t here when I was flying, you don’t know wind speed, I’m telling you it wasn’t windy, why my post isn’t show on forum? Even you refuse to supply support blaming wind I still like to warn another users and potential buyers
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_sezgRmrFihfb
New

United States

I had exactly the same issue last week and got the exact feedback from DJI, this drone is very bad i just used it for 3 days, it wasn’t windy at that time, their level of service is awful, I am really frustrated and unhappy such bad quality in 500$ drone! The drone didn’t respond to the remote as it was coming back to me then changed its directions. I will not accept their feedback and I will take the necessary legal actions
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SirLysy Posted at 12-4 22:27
Hi there is no way that it was so windy to mini not manage , specially it’s should handle 8m/s, this post is exactly about it, we customers have no way to prove product fault, DJI judge by own data, you wasn’t here when I was flying, you don’t know wind speed, I’m telling you it wasn’t windy, why my post isn’t show on forum? Even you refuse to supply support blaming wind I still like to warn another users and potential buyers

I am sorry for your loss, please kindly understand that we analyze the accident flight record on the drone for the result, according to the record, the drone's attitude/angel was affected by the wind, and there was also strong wind warning on the app, the drone might not be able to respond to the stick command well if the environment had strong wind. You can also check the record on the DJI Fly app.
Please note that when the wind speed mentioned is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.
In your case, I will help to escalate to our supervisor department for further assistance, we will have someone contact you in working hours, please kindly wait patiently.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_sezgRmrFihfb Posted at 12-5 21:11
I had exactly the same issue last week and got the exact feedback from DJI, this drone is very bad i just used it for 3 days, it wasn’t windy at that time, their level of service is awful, I am really frustrated and unhappy such bad quality in 500$ drone! The drone didn’t respond to the remote as it was coming back to me then changed its directions. I will not accept their feedback and I will take the necessary legal actions

I am sorry to hear about your loss, sir. I am able to trace your case number, sorry to tell that if the environment was windy, and the app had also prompted the high wind velocity. In this situation, the aircraft couldn’t return home normally due to the strong wind, you may check the flight record on your DJI Fly app.
I will also help to escalate the case to the higher department for further assistance. Hope your kind understanding.
2019-12-6
Use props
SirLysy
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 05:49
I am sorry for your loss, please kindly understand that we analyze the accident flight record on the drone for the result, according to the record, the drone's attitude/angel was affected by the wind, and there was also strong wind warning on the app, the drone might not be able to respond to the stick command well if the environment had strong wind. You can also check the record on the DJI Fly app.
Please note that when the wind speed mentioned is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.
In your case, I will help to escalate to our supervisor department for further assistance, we will have someone contact you in working hours, please kindly wait patiently.

Thanks for this, will wait
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_2wDbDWHI9jMg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47585 ft
Belgium

Also exact the same problem here.. After 280meters no control and has flown away , in my case it also should handle the wind (4m/s) but unfortunately. 500€ wasted?! How is it even possible that the connection breaks after 280meters? Home point was set.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_w2YMCUI5bj60
New
Flight distance : 48179 ft
Ireland

This also happened my new drone yesterday .. the drone took off and was hovering..suddenly it shot upwards at a rapid speed .. I have not seen the drone since . Iv looked everywhere.

This is extremely frustrating as it’s a Christmas gift. Now I have to go through the process of sorting this with dji and hoping their investigation will show it was a malfunction within the drone that caused it to fly away. The gps is also showing that the drone is in the location it left from so I can’t track the drone to find where it actually is.

All in all I’m extremely annoyed about this and the amount of time this will take to resolve.

Jason
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_w2YMCUI5bj60 Posted at 12-8 01:33
This also happened my new drone yesterday .. the drone took off and was hovering..suddenly it shot upwards at a rapid speed .. I have not seen the drone since . Iv looked everywhere.

This is extremely frustrating as it’s a Christmas gift. Now I have to go through the process of sorting this with dji and hoping their investigation will show it was a malfunction within the drone that caused it to fly away. The gps is also showing that the drone is in the location it left from so I can’t track the drone to find where it actually is.

Jason, we are so sorry for your loss, our data analysis team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution. If you need any further assistance, please keep us updated with the case number.
2019-12-9
Use props
SirLysy
lvl.2
Ireland

Well after long discussion, I was offered 25% discount and I was refused because it wasn’t my fault, anyway I’m not recommended buying DJI mavic mini because it’s can’t handle even little wind, it’s toy with good camera, I’m not gonna buy anything from DJI because if something happened you have no way to prove anything, they have logs , if log state weather was reason of issue there is no way to prove different, time to give chance another company’s drones, good luck pilots
2019-12-11
Use props
Patron14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 731978 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue with one I lost today but wind wasn't the only problem I had full control of the drone and all of the sudden it flew away. I will wait for dji to come with an outcome based on my case number (2488364). I am going back to the place it was last connected to see if I can find it lucky for me it was in the middle of nowhere with people. Dji I will wait your reply ideally in the am when I will be looking for this thing.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_HFou13tXHRuu
New
Indonesia

Mine is only 28meters height then signal lost. Never happened before with spark.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_7oVwPjRjLHAy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1952 ft

United States

Recieved mavic mini going through everything in the fly more combo attached propeller guards on mini. Took mini outside to connect do calibrations and just see that it turns on and connects properly. upon turn on and connecting son takes mini to about 16 meters straight up for a minute. When he trys to bring it down it gives a error message max power load reached and is not responding. Mini then begins climbing and flying backwards then comes a wind advisory warning. Mini climbs to about 31 meters flying backwards and away at a fast pace! I took the remote attempted to put into sport mode so that i may lower it to try and return back. It then has a low battery warning and attempts to return to home to only continue to fly backwards faster. All the while im trying to put the camera down so that i can A-Put the mini down somewhere quickly to avoid complete crash! And B-Watch the video as to have some reference as to where ever it is going to end up!
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_7oVwPjRjLHAy
lvl.1

United States

I got to do neither of these options completely no responsive to anything!!! I got 2 videos one is 4 secs Other is 20 seconds. This all happened in 3 minutes 31 seconds. In that time the Mini loses signal at 2 min 45 secs which. i believe is the last seconds of the 20 second video feed. Then jumps to 3m31secs as last known location at 27 meters. That location is a heavily wooded state park and the satellite pictures of the find my drone puts it directly atop the canopy of a cluster of big doug fir trees!! It has now been three days of searching the tree tops with spotting scopes, binoculars, 2 mavic airs from the top. No mini!! I am going to go one last time for a couple hours in the morning to look one last time. Truly not happy with what happened. I feel certain this was a malfunction of this mini. Reading through everything that i have i know that you will return with it being a wind advisory and pilot error. Nothing to be done further for myself at that time. At least for now.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_7oVwPjRjLHAy
lvl.1

United States

Reading pretty extensively on this incident i cant help but see a lot of similar types of events like this with other minis out there?? Mini only been out for what? Month and half 2 months now? This time of year hell half of them sold have not even been opened they sit wrapped until Christmas!! I will see if there is anything to read about come the 26th! I think there will be a lot to read about this same thing happening to many others out there. Hell of a way to spend 500$ for the pure excitement of 3 minutes 31 seconds minus a 40 second break in their. Then the real treat of hunting for days of the ever elusive and unpredictable MINI!!! If you DJI have anything that you can figure out on your end like a last video feed, photo, last resting altitude, or different gps coordinates then i see i would greatly appreciate any assistance to find this mini so that i may return him to you!! If not i will own this as pilot error and chalk it up to a poor decision on a windy day!!
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Patron14 Posted at 12-15 13:50
I have a similar issue with one I lost today but wind wasn't the only problem I had full control of the drone and all of the sudden it flew away. I will wait for dji to come with an outcome based on my case number (2488364). I am going back to the place it was last connected to see if I can find it lucky for me it was in the middle of nowhere with people. Dji I will wait your reply ideally in the am when I will be looking for this thing.

Hi Patron14, we are sorry for your loss, our support team has started a ticket for the data analysis, please wait patiently for the result, our team will provide the proper resolution.
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_HFou13tXHRuu Posted at 12-15 16:43
Mine is only 28meters height then signal lost. Never happened before with spark.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that, did you retrieve the drone? Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7oVwPjRjLHAy Posted at 12-16 02:55
Reading pretty extensively on this incident i cant help but see a lot of similar types of events like this with other minis out there?? Mini only been out for what? Month and half 2 months now? This time of year hell half of them sold have not even been opened they sit wrapped until Christmas!! I will see if there is anything to read about come the 26th! I think there will be a lot to read about this same thing happening to many others out there. Hell of a way to spend 500$ for the pure excitement of 3 minutes 31 seconds minus a 40 second break in their. Then the real treat of hunting for days of the ever elusive and unpredictable MINI!!! If you DJI have anything that you can figure out on your end like a last video feed, photo, last resting altitude, or different gps coordinates then i see i would greatly appreciate any assistance to find this mini so that i may return him to you!! If not i will own this as pilot error and chalk it up to a poor decision on a windy day!!

We are sincerely sorry for your loss, this is never the experience we want you to have with our product, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the further assistance, our team will do their best to figure out what happened.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_krkEYNJ5rRCI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7295325 ft
Spain

Same issue here some days ago. wind blew my mini away until i lost connection with 41% battery left... i've searching for it but no idea where it ended... i will give a second try finding it but will be hard... DJI offered me 15% discount just for the AC, 1 battery and propelers. Not sure if i will accept because i'm not sure it won't happen again... and now i read that dji can offer 25%... not fair my 15% then
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23028 ft
United States

Same thing happened to my Mavic Mini drone today.  Flying was normal in the beginning, but when I pressed "home" button, the drone flied in the opposite direction until battery was out.  According to the final GPS location, I tried to find the drone, but failed.  I did the calibration, and the yellow H sign was correct, but the drone flied away.  I contacted the DJI support and sent all information, uploaded fly record, and now I can not do anything but wait.  Because of "Strong wind" notice, I tried to home the drone, but it flied in opposite direction instead of flying home.  What should I do with the "Strong wind" notice?  I think what we can do is to fly home.  There is no any information on the DJI website about the instruction on what to do on the "strong wind" notice.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

received the drone only four days
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 12-17 23:53
Same thing happened to my Mavic Mini drone today.  Flying was normal in the beginning, but when I pressed "home" button, the drone flied in the opposite direction until battery was out.  According to the final GPS location, I tried to find the drone, but failed.  I did the calibration, and the yellow H sign was correct, but the drone flied away.  I contacted the DJI support and sent all information, uploaded fly record, and now I can not do anything but wait.  Because of "Strong wind" notice, I tried to home the drone, but it flied in opposite direction instead of flying home.  What should I do with the "Strong wind" notice?  I think what we can do is to fly home.  There is no any information on the DJI website about the instruction on what to do on the "strong wind" notice.

We are really sorry for your loss, I see our support team is collecting data via email, please don't worry, our team will follow up.
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_krkEYNJ5rRCI Posted at 12-17 11:26
Same issue here some days ago. wind blew my mini away until i lost connection with 41% battery left... i've searching for it but no idea where it ended... i will give a second try finding it but will be hard... DJI offered me 15% discount just for the AC, 1 battery and propelers. Not sure if i will accept because i'm not sure it won't happen again... and now i read that dji can offer 25%... not fair my 15% then

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss and it was not caused by the product defect per the data analysis, therefore, the warranty service can be provided. But we will escalate your case to the higher-level team to see if other resolution can be provided, thank you.
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 05:32
We are really sorry for your loss, I see our support team is collecting data via email, please don't worry, our team will follow up.

Thanks for your help.
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_krkEYNJ5rRCI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7295325 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 05:39
Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss and it was not caused by the product defect per the data analysis, therefore, the warranty service can be provided. But we will escalate your case to the higher-level team to see if other resolution can be provided, thank you.

Thanks, i was contacted about this by mail. Maybe we will get an agreement.
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You're welcome. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_krkEYNJ5rRCI Posted at 12-19 15:00
Thanks, i was contacted about this by mail. Maybe we will get an agreement.

You're welcome. We hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact us.
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 03:39
You're welcome. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

It has been four days and no response.  I have no idea when I can get the analysis results, before or after Christmas.  Case ID CAS-3860262-Q6K4Q9
Thanks.
2019-12-21
Use props
Marco Terzoli
lvl.1

Italy

Hi had the same problem yesterday, light wind, i already flew with a small wind and no problem, i was in a straight line with my drone and like 30meters hight. After 20 seconds the drone started to rotate itself and went up to 60 meters, i tried to make it flew forward in my direction but it didn't receive any signal.

I lost connection at 100-200 meters maximum in a straight line and the last position of my drone is at 45 meters high, i looked everywhere but i didnìt find it.
In the app seconds before the loss of control it showed max load warning but no wind, just when it disconnected it showed high wind but there was no high wind.

what can i do?
2019-12-22
Use props
Marco Terzoli
lvl.1

Italy

ps: when i went search my drone i tried to re-join the signal to have the sound from the drone but nothing, no gps utility, no sound warning, totally lost
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

Marco Terzoli Posted at 12-22 04:41
Hi had the same problem yesterday, light wind, i already flew with a small wind and no problem, i was in a straight line with my drone and like 30meters hight. After 20 seconds the drone started to rotate itself and went up to 60 meters, i tried to make it flew forward in my direction but it didn't receive any signal.

I lost connection at 100-200 meters maximum in a straight line and the last position of my drone is at 45 meters high, i looked everywhere but i didnìt find it.

Similar to my case: the final flying parameters from your Flight Data Center show that the flying height, distance, speed and battery are all not to the zero.  So you do not know what the drone's situation is after disconnected from the remote controller.  I think the drone must be still flying until out of battery.  Thus it is normal you can not find it.
2019-12-22
Use props
Marco Terzoli
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 12-22 11:04
Similar to my case: the final flying parameters from your Flight Data Center show that the flying height, distance, speed and battery are all not to the zero.  So you do not know what the drone's situation is after disconnected from the remote controller.  I think the drone must be still flying until out of battery.  Thus it is normal you can not find it.

yes, who knows where it is? could be everywhere
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 12-21 12:07
It has been four days and no response.  I have no idea when I can get the analysis results, before or after Christmas.  Case ID CAS-3860262-Q6K4Q9
Thanks.

The data analysis has been submitted, our team is analyzing, there may be some delay because of the weekend, we will inform the team to update as soon as possible, an email will be sent to you once it is finished, appreciate your patience.
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Marco Terzoli Posted at 12-22 04:41

We are sincerely sorry for your loss, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, thank you.
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-23 04:24
The data analysis has been submitted, our team is analyzing, there may be some delay because of the weekend, we will inform the team to update as soon as possible, an email will be sent to you once it is finished, appreciate your patience.

Thanks for your help.
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You're welcome.
2019-12-24
Use props
Marco Terzoli
lvl.1

Italy

SirLysy Posted at 12-11 02:43
Well after long discussion, I was offered 25% discount and I was refused because it wasn’t my fault, anyway I’m not recommended buying DJI mavic mini because it’s can’t handle even little wind, it’s toy with good camera, I’m not gonna buy anything from DJI because if something happened you have no way to prove anything, they have logs , if log state weather was reason of issue there is no way to prove different, time to give chance another company’s drones, good luck pilots

at least you were offered 25% discount, they offered me 15% to buy another mini :\
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

I got DJI's data analysis results with the 15% discount offer to end the case.  I cannot accept this offer since it was not my fault for Mavic Mini flew away.  I have emailed back to DJI already.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_w2YMCUI5bj60
New
Flight distance : 48179 ft
Ireland

I had this drone replaced having paid out 330 euro to DJI. The first drone just shot up and never returned without me moving it to. So I take the hit and pay the money. Today I’m flying the drone in a wide open area . Drone fly’s away from 20 feet to hundreds of feet away..it fails to return to home. The log cuts off and the find my drone setting is completely useless. I have now paid dji 830 euros in less than two months. I just can’t trust this product anymore. I am so annoyed a drone like this can just fly off and not return.

I am seriously skeptical to every buy dji product again. I have little faith as DJI just blame the smallest things when you know as the pilot you did nothing wrong but can’t prove it.

Jason
2020-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules