1320 8 2019-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I did the update for the 0300 mavic mini firmware last night and it succeeded and I was able to turn the RC and drone back on to verify that it is on the correct firmware but the next morning I tried pressing on the power button for the remote controller and there's no lights to come on and no matter what button I press or how long I press it, it doesn't turn on. I can still plug it in to charge thr controller and the lights start to flash and then charge up is normal. I just can't seem to turn on my RC anymore for some strange reason does anybody know what could possibly have happened?
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hello sorry to hear that, I also updated yesterday and all fine, so I just checked on mine to see if it starts and it does like normal. This could be something related to the button itself not doing contact?
Is it fully charged?
If problem persists open a ticket with DJI support to see what you can do.
2019-12-5
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-5 12:08
Hello sorry to hear that, I also updated yesterday and all fine, so I just checked on mine to see if it starts and it does like normal. This could be something related to the button itself not doing contact?
Is it fully charged?
If problem persists open a ticket with DJI support to see what you can do.
Yah i am talking to them now. Any way to diagnose this further?

Heres a video.

https://youtu.be/Zh_bRSTguno
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

MXss Posted at 12-5 13:12
Yah i am talking to them now. Any way to diagnose this further?

Have you installed DJI assistant and re updated the controller?
2019-12-5
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-5 14:06
Have you installed DJI assistant and re updated the controller?

well, i would have liked to try that and many other ways to try and resolve the issue but for that to happen, i have to be able to turnon the remote controller!!! sigh.......

anyways, i tried to hook it up to the pc, tried to fully charge it, used different usb cables, hit it a few times in anger but no go. At the risk of voiding my warranty with it, i decided to just give in and send it back to dji which they helped arrange for today. I hope I can get this unit back before christmas as I was going to use it for filming some videos and family gatherings but oh well.......i can only hope for a speedy RMA or return back to me at this point short of buying another drone altogether. i will update this thread if anyone cares and I hope nobody else has this same issue as me.
2019-12-5
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

edbjr888 Posted at 12-5 17:10
well, i would have liked to try that and many other ways to try and resolve the issue but for that to happen, i have to be able to turnon the remote controller!!! sigh.......

anyways, i tried to hook it up to the pc, tried to fully charge it, used different usb cables, hit it a few times in anger but no go. At the risk of voiding my warranty with it, i decided to just give in and send it back to dji which they helped arrange for today. I hope I can get this unit back before christmas as I was going to use it for filming some videos and family gatherings but oh well.......i can only hope for a speedy RMA or return back to me at this point short of buying another drone altogether. i will update this thread if anyone cares and I hope nobody else has this same issue as me.

I’m sorry for what’s happened to your rc. I hope for a speedy trip to DJI and an even more expedient trip back to you so you’ll be able to film your family. Please do keep us updated. There are a few folks on here that do care.
2019-12-5
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

My God, I think dji intentionally makes these warranty repairs so agonizingly and unnecessarily slow to make its refresh care more valuable. Every step in the repair process takes days for some reason and I can't see why it takes so long between stages for such a big company with resources. I also wish they gave me more info as to the problem with my remote instead of just rc button board as the issue .... The timing is great, I think it will be shipped on Christmas day , just in time for Christmas! Lol. One thing I do like about this process is that they actually show you a timeline of your repair process so you can see how slow they go during each stage.
2019-12-24
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

2019-12-24
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Got my RC back FINALLY! My god, the repair process takes so long and then theres issues with the various hops along the way. For my instance, it got stuck in customs and sat there for 6 days without any sort of update which got me worried and impatient. I did manage to get it back on Jan 10 2020 but I had to pay $94CDN in tax and duties for something I didn't have to pay to fix under warranty!!! So that was really annoying, am going to fight it with the border agency and see where it goes. So I am super glad the controller is back but the whole ordeal and length of time was totally not worth it..........I didn't even get an explanation or analysis of the problem or what could have caused it. I hadn't dropped, abused or exposed the RC to anything that would cause the power button to fail. Wow, i don't ever want to go thru another repair process again!! If the device isn't too expensive, much better to just buy another one or get the care refresh (which was created for experiences like mine).

2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules