Some are able to stop RTH Beeping
4858 10 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

I've seen reports of some people who are able to shut off the highly annoying RTH beeping by doing a quick-click of the RTH button on the RC, but RTH continues.  Others have tried it and it simply cancels the RTH altogether.  How is it suppose to work DJI?
2019-12-6
Use props
Sycophant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307861 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I thought I read that tapping the ON/OFF button mutes the beeping
2019-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sycophant Posted at 12-6 00:59
I thought I read that tapping the ON/OFF button mutes the beeping

ON/OFF button mutes the beeping on the other Mavic series drones.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will be forwarding this concern to our designated department for further clarification if this beeping tone can be turned off using the RC power button. I will let you know once I already have an update. Thank you!
2019-12-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

And of cource the low battery beep too. This is a very veryimportant update for the next firmware update :-)
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t believe there is any way to stop it, there is very good reason why your RC beeps, it’s not to warn you but to warn others around you that a drone is arriving in the vicinity no longer under the control of the user (pilot).

So I’m not sure what they can do to stop this, with M2 you can stop the beeping but only on voluntary RTH not low battery.
If the beeping is gathering attention then it’s working as it should and in flight school they will tell you to also verbally announce this.
For me I think it’s slightly to loud, would a beacon light be better, it would have to be bright enough for people around to see and it would be an easy one to cover up.

I think a volume control might be best and as soon as craft starts it’s decent it goes a little higher automatically.

I suppose a hardware hack is one way, but I can’t see dji removing any safety redundancy from its craft .
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 12-6 09:30
And of cource the low battery beep too. This is a very veryimportant update for the next firmware update :-)

Low battery when you are just flying or landing should not be so constant and loud .
2019-12-6
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

I would love to be able to shut off the beeping during a voluntary RTH. I personally think it should remain for the involuntary RTH states. Just my thoughts. It is highly annoying especially when recording video.
2019-12-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Safety and warnings can be exaggerated. As I wrote in another post, the RC Beep is a lot more annoying than the sound of the drone itself .... for everyone, for the pilot and also for people or animals nearby. The least I expect is that you can make it quieter or better turn off and thereby a visual information. I imagine my car has 10 liters of gasoline (20%) and then comes a beep. Please DJI do something good and give us a christmas update ;-)
2019-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 12-6 11:33
Safety and warnings can be exaggerated. As I wrote in another post, the RC Beep is a lot more annoying than the sound of the drone itself .... for everyone, for the pilot and also for people or animals nearby. The least I expect is that you can make it quieter or better turn off and thereby a visual information. I imagine my car has 10 liters of gasoline (20%) and then comes a beep. Please DJI do something good and give us a christmas update ;-)

I feel the same about my seat belt beeping when I’m just driving around my private land, but VW refuse to shut it off unless I travel for a minimum of 5 minutes, I’m guessing they don’t give owners control of this is because if they control it would never be on.
2019-12-6
Use props
I_only_crash
lvl.1

United States

I would understand if the user invoked RTH starts beeping once the drone is within a few feet horizontally or after it starts descending, but not for the entire return flight.
2020-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules