Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV System Supports Betaflight OSD Information Custom Display
12Next >
70712 54 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonatan.C.N
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

The DJI Digital FPV Image Transmission System finally has a firmware update, which includes support for Betaflight’s 24 OSD custom displays. The firmware has been updated for the first time, and a simple tutorial on how to customize OSD information was also written below for your reference.

Before setting up OSD displays, separately connect the air unit, goggles, and remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and then upgrade the firmware to v01.00.02.00.

Note: Ensure the UART of the image transmission module is connected normally to the flight controller (the voltage on the air unit can be seen in the lower right corner of the DJI FPV Goggles display).

1: Connect the flight controller to the Betaflight configurator. After entering the configurator, you first need to turn on OSD in the “Settings” page. 1.png
2: Click on “OSD”, select the supported OSD elements in the menu, drag them to where you want them to display on the screen, and then click “Save”. 2.png

3: Turn on “Custom OSD” in the DJI FPV Goggles “Display” menu, and then the custom OSD information will be visible.   3.png
   4.png
DJI’s latest firmware supports a total of 24 OSD custom displays. I summarize them in the table below. You can set them up based on your own needs. (Tap and zoom to get clear pictures).
6.png 5.png

For GPS settings, refer to this document: https://oscarliang.com/gps-mini-quad  

2019-12-6
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Will give a try,

Thanks
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_HXb5pquIPBfa
New

United States

My osd doesn’t show up still?
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_HXb5pquIPBfa
New

United States

djiuser_HXb5pquIPBfa Posted at 12-8 18:30
My osd doesn’t show up still?

Nm msp wasn’t set right.
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_bR96HjHcRcS2
New

Germany

Unfortunately this is quite useless for all new "DJI" flightcontrollers which ship without onboard OSD chip: if you activate OSD without OSD chip your PID loop gets seriously out of sync. (verify with "tasks" in BF CLI). @DJI: can you give us an advice here? Show some customer obsession and be transparent with your users!
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_gLBi7RDQPEQn
lvl.3

Germany

djiuser_bR96HjHcRcS2 Posted at 12-10 12:37
Unfortunately this is quite useless for all new "DJI" flightcontrollers which ship without onboard OSD chip: if you activate OSD without OSD chip your PID loop gets seriously out of sync. (verify with "tasks" in BF CLI). @DJI: can you give us an advice here? Show some customer obsession and be transparent with your users!

I have had the same Problem
unstable PID Loop with OSD on
Transtec F7HD flight Controller without OSD IC

The Problem is, that in the Betaflight Target file for that Controller the MAX7456 OSD chip is defined, but in the HD edition it`s not present.

I just disabled it via command line:
set max7456_spi_bus = 0

nomore PID loop time issues and still working OSD

Greets
2019-12-14
Use props
5zero7rc
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_gLBi7RDQPEQn Posted at 12-14 02:12
I have had the same Problem
unstable PID Loop with OSD on
Transtec F7HD flight Controller without OSD IC

Thanks for posting this fix.  I am using the Kakute F7 HDV which also does not contain an OSD chip.  Before running this fix the GYRO/PID rate/hz was jumping all over the place when looking at tasks in the cli.  After disabling the non existent OSD chip using the same command you used, now the GYRO/PID rate/hz is stable at 8000.
2019-12-14
Use props
studio1551
lvl.1
United States

Is there any other reason why the OSD would not show up in the goggles? I have an Xhover Cine unit that I can't get any OSD info from betaflight on....and I've gone through all the steps. Kinda lost.
2019-12-20
Use props
fansa21c86e7
lvl.4

United States

Just in case anyone else with a flight controller without an OSD chip enables the Betaflight OSD and is having an issue, I made a quick video of how to see if your FC is affected and how to fix it:

2019-12-23
Use props
orikg
lvl.1

Israel

hi all i need your help.
i have kakute F7 i   updated the googels and the air unit to 1.00.200 and activet
googels >display>osd=on
BF>osd= on       telemetry= on profile 1 all the elements are on in profil 1

still no osd  ... ...
2019-12-24
Use props
Daemon42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105955 ft
United States

orikg Posted at 12-24 16:55
hi all i need your help.
i have kakute F7 i   updated the googels and the air unit to 1.00.200 and activet
googels >display>osd=on

orikg, did you enable MSP@115200 on UART4?   That's the one used in the connection from DJI air unit to the Kakute F7 HDV FC.  
2019-12-24
Use props
orikg
lvl.1

Israel

Daemon42
i did...still no luck
2019-12-25
Use props
orikg
lvl.1

Israel

Daemon42
i swichetit to uart 6 and now i can see the osd but it dosent show the status proprly
for instenc battery is set to 0.0V
RSSI = 99 (the remot is off)
2019-12-25
Use props
Daemon42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105955 ft
United States

All I can say, is that it's not UART6 for that FC unless you've cut the wires and moved  it there yourself.
The HDV uses UART4, as I said above.
2019-12-26
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

The dji fpv osd does not support GPS data, doesn't show anything that is related to gps. the list from above is only supported
2020-1-8
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

For GPS it does at least shows satellite count, I tested this out. It also shows lat and long, but the fact that it doesn't record any of these custom OSD elements to srt file makes things like lat and long useless.

I think it's super silly they don't show altitude, speed, distance to home etc. And warnings!? When I arm and it won't arm I need to know why! We could do without so many other things they included. I hope there's another update soon.
2020-1-9
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

TechnoCore Posted at 1-9 13:21
For GPS it does at least shows satellite count, I tested this out. It also shows lat and long, but the fact that it doesn't record any of these custom OSD elements to srt file makes things like lat and long useless.

I think it's super silly they don't show altitude, speed, distance to home etc. And warnings!? When I arm and it won't arm I need to know why! We could do without so many other things they included. I hope there's another update soon.

I really agree with you, hope in the next update they add the gps things
2020-1-11
Use props
fans5b5ae362
lvl.1

Singapore

How to set the 6 new Flight modes? Is it configured in betaflight or remote controller?
EE3C89F8-342C-47B7-AE5A-319761B34D2A.png
2020-1-14
Use props
MartinHow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96611 ft
Australia

Is anyone here using a Jeti radio with REX Duplex receiver? If yes, can you advise "best" flight controller board (e.g. Kakute F7?) to use so OSD is sent to the DJI digital goggles?
2020-2-4
Use props
fans6f285ef6
New
France

Ciao Team,
Any idea why the Betaflight custom Osd is displaying in the Dji Goggles but won't show on playback footage?
PS;OSD is turn on in the Goggles
2020-2-5
Use props
Rossy
lvl.1
Italy

Hello There,
I hav the OSD turned on but adding more features in BF doesn't show anything in the goggles.
The arrow with the battery voltage says N/A.
Any idea how to fix it.
Thanks
2020-2-26
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Rossy Posted at 2-26 05:30
Hello There,
I hav the OSD turned on but adding more features in BF doesn't show anything in the goggles.
The arrow with the battery voltage says N/A.

Enable MSP (on air unit's UART) in your ports tab in the betaflight. Also make sure you've correctly connected RX/TX UART port to your air unit.
2020-2-26
Use props
Rossy
lvl.1
Italy

Hacky4 Posted at 2-26 06:15
Enable MSP (on air unit's UART) in your ports tab in the betaflight. Also make sure you've correctly connected RX/TX UART port to your air unit.

Hello Hacky4,
I am pretty new on FPV and I don't know where to find it.
Thanks
2020-2-26
Use props
Rossy
lvl.1
Italy

Rossy Posted at 2-26 11:28
Hello Hacky4,
I am pretty new on FPV and I don't know where to find it.
Thanks

2020-2-26
Use props
DominickLittle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1072126 ft
United States

hey guys i have setup one original air unit before on a pyrodrone flight controller and it was powerd off the esc power cable not the battery itself. i have the caddx vista here set up and i cannot get it to show my average cell voltage and i have this vista powerd directly to my battery which is 6s and has a nice capacitor on it. the total voltage works and is acurate and flies perfectly but i have no average cell voltage and i cant find anything about why or how to fix it. this happend at first with my original air unit but after turning the element on and off in betaflight the osd showed but this time that did not make any difference. i have tried reseting and turning every option on and off in my goggles so im out of options now, the osd just shows 000v
2020-2-26
Use props
fansdfdbbfaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67392 ft
Canada

I'm using the Caddx Vistas in my builds. Is there a specific betaflight version requirement for all of these OSD options to be made available? I'm currently running 3.5.7 on 2 of my quads and there is very limited OSD options available. When I check off some of the OSD options they show up in the Betaflight configurator, but not in the goggles. The only OSD that is working for me is flight mode and GPS Satellites. Options like Timer 2, home direction, distance, and altitude don't even show up.
2020-3-3
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdfdbbfaa Posted at 3-3 10:43
I'm using the Caddx Vistas in my builds. Is there a specific betaflight version requirement for all of these OSD options to be made available? I'm currently running 3.5.7 on 2 of my quads and there is very limited OSD options available. When I check off some of the OSD options they show up in the Betaflight configurator, but not in the goggles. The only OSD that is working for me is flight mode and GPS Satellites. Options like Timer 2, home direction, distance, and altitude don't even show up.

Not all Betaflight options are available. There should be more available after the next DJI update. The ones you have listed as missing are definitely not available. I am running Betaflight 4.1 on all my DJI quads. I do not think a lower version disables any of the OSD items, but the 4.1.x versions support RPM filtering.
2020-3-3
Use props
NoseMan
lvl.1

Israel

fans6f285ef6 Posted at 2-5 10:28
Ciao Team,
Any idea why the Betaflight custom Osd is displaying in the Dji Goggles but won't show on playback footage?
PS;OSD is turn on in the Goggles

Same thing here.

It did show on the recordings for some time, but after some mingling, it stopped.
Don't know what I did :-(
2020-3-4
Use props
fansdc11b173
lvl.1
Australia

NoseMan Posted at 3-4 08:38
Same thing here.

It did show on the recordings for some time, but after some mingling, it stopped.

try reformatting the SD card, I've had issues with it not recording when I removed files from the SD card, reformatting it made it record again, so maybe it will help the OSD to start working again (recording the SRT file). Worth a try
2020-3-10
Use props
LeeSH
lvl.1

South Korea

Hi. I'm converting my Nazgul5 into DJI HD FPV quad.

As the instruction, I connected my VCC and GND to the VBAT and GND and get clean signal.
However, I can't get the OSD to work. The funny thing is that I can change PIDs on the goggle but still no OSD.
Connected grey wire to R6, white to T6.
Turned on MSP on UART6
Turned on OSD and Telemetry

and still nothing....

Tried changing the ports to UART1. Still no luck

I have turned on custom OSD on the goggle and running latest betaflight firmware.
2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_AZkU7zxhfGXw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87913 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have flywoo F405 v2 that isnt showing OSD. Tried UART 4 & 6 (turning on each time) but still no VBAT or any OSD.

Running latest firmware for everything.  

Enabled OSD in the goggles and in Betaflight and still nothing.  Any ideas?
2020-3-17
Use props
kluki
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all,
have the same problem with betafpv 95X and caddx vista.
All parts have the newest updates but OSD still not work, i can try  all things and tipps what i found but nothing will work.
FC is OmnibusF4sd 4.1.1 - DJI Google and caddx has the actually updates, OSD in betaflight is on, also on google, dont know what to do more.
Can anywone help me?
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_kr5VilCM64tK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598750 ft
United States

I am having similar problem.

goggles and air unit and flight controller all on current firmware. two different flight controllers. First the hobbywing G3 stack  Tried all the uarts one by one, turning on MSP for that uart. Double ( triple) checked all wiring. tx to rx and vice versa, then swapped them just in case. toggled telemetry output on and off in each uart and each tx/ rx wire swap.

Gave up and got a newbeedrone infinity stack "plug and play with air unit" and STILL no osd, not even voltage and timer.

The picture on this this is amazing, but I'm not to happy about flying without voltage telemetry.
2020-4-15
Use props
hal9kpl
New

Poland

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for information about BF version compatibility list with DJI OSD. I tested my omnibus f4 with BF 3.2.2 and no luck, but on 4.1.x it's OK. I like the way how it's fly on 3.2.2  and I would like to have all those useful information on googles

Thanks in advance.
2020-4-17
Use props
Snoodler
lvl.1
Germany

I bought an GepRC Rocket Plus XM+ and having the same issues.

It has an 20A F4 : https://geprc.com/download/en/GEP-20A-F4-Manual-EN-V2_0.pdf

OSD tab shows up but it is not showing up inside the goggles. I am using Betaflight 4.2
2020-5-21
Use props
rsilvers
lvl.1

United States

If I had a Matek 765-Wing flight controller and am running Ardupilot, and using the DJI Air Unit but not as an RX receiver because I have an R-XSR, can I still connect the UART to the Air Unit and have an OSD?

Or must I use Betaflight instead of Ardupilot? And must I use the Air Unit as the RX with a DJI Controller instead of the R-XSR.
2020-5-26
Use props
rsilvers
lvl.1

United States

If I had a Matek 765-Wing flight controller and am running Ardupilot, and using the DJI Air Unit but not as an RX receiver because I have an R-XSR, can I still connect the UART to the Air Unit and have an OSD?

Or must I use Betaflight instead of Ardupilot? And must I use the Air Unit as the RX with a DJI Controller instead of the R-XSR.
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_lmCHtHyma0lv
lvl.2

Ukraine

DJI, add custom OSD recording to SD card!
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_VPd239wEhVqq
New

Malaysia

Hi may I know why the osd doesn't have value, for example battery voltage, and there is no voltage value coming out, my pdb has current sensor but no value shown in the goggles, and why the place of the word I put it doesn't stay at the same place for example I inserted crosshair on the middle of the screen but it appear somewhere else instead of the middle of the screen in the goggles, and the last problem, why the font in the goggles not same as the font in my computer(default font)?
2020-7-17
Use props
fans3eebab57
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for this.  I am searching the web for details on the MSP protocol and how it communicates to the DJI air unit/goggles.  What I am unclear on is where to find a comprehensive list of the "24 Custom OSD elements" that the DJI setup can receive.  For example, I see (10) items in your list above. Any clues would be appreciated.
2020-8-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules