App DJi not workin on Samsung s10 after upgrade to android 10
37224 241 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
renbrant
lvl.2

Brazil

Same issue here.  It stops to work after Android OS update!
Does someone want to buy a very expensive paperweight?
2019-12-23
Use props
dave.dartmin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8855 ft
United Kingdom

renbrant Posted at 12-23 08:40
Same issue here.  It stops to work after Android OS update!
Does someone want to buy a very expensive paperweight?

Spoke to technical - it is with the developers, not good if they cannot fix it after a couple of weeks!
2019-12-23
Use props
dave.dartmin
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hmm and now fixed it - or so it seems - will note down what I did and report back if it works after another reboot
2019-12-23
Use props
dave.dartmin
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nope - did not survive a reboot of the phone again

2019-12-23
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

F U dji! That´s not acceptable !!!!!
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Daft question but what if they can't fix it? Do we ask for refunds?
2019-12-23
Use props
UGel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114160 ft
Estonia

For Note10+ worked:
1) uninstall app
2) manualy delete DJI folder with My files ( this step was IMPORTANT one);
3) reboot;
4) install app;
5) give all asked permissions;
6) white screen still stops, but for 10sec and then app starts.
2019-12-23
Use props
Kajry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6785 ft
Czechia

UGel Posted at 12-23 23:25
For Note10+ worked:
1) uninstall app
2) manualy delete DJI folder with My files ( this step was IMPORTANT one);

Yeah this sometimes work on S10+ but after closing the app there is no more option to run it again. You need to repeat this proces but this is successfull only 1/10 tries.
2019-12-23
Use props
Earth_blazing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

DJI this is un acceptable. I need too keep my phone vulnerable so i can use the mavic mini.
2019-12-24
Use props
renbrant
lvl.2

Brazil

What do you think about using our Mavic Mini as a Christmas tree ornament and taking pictures for social networks?
This will be the best application of Mavic Mini this Christmas!
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the S10+ and until yesterday was working fine.My phone auto updated to Android10 and now the app freezes and crashes. After some research,this was a known error.to DJI devs back in the Beta stages of Android 10 and has still not been addressed. Furthermore, this situation occured when OS9 was released.DJI have not learned from their error and have instead pushed the sale of a device that currently only gathers dust for a very large percentage of their customer base.Now with Xmas day tomorrow and the heavy promotion of their newest drone, I can only see this issue escalating further when people around the world cannot use their device.This NEEDS to be a priority fix for DJI.Stop the BS and stop telling people to try a new handset, phones are  not cheap,nor is this situation a consumers issue, this is sloppy manufacturing and very poor customer care!
2019-12-24
Use props
dave.dartmin
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No even removing the folder always it to work once and then not again

And was promised a call back by DJI but as expected nothing materalised
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I deleted the app and restarted my phone and the app appears to be working?? I'm using a s10+

It's too dark to try the MM and tbh I don't trust the app not to freeze mid flight. But its something
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kracker Posted at 12-11 21:50
I did a downgrade and app works without problems then i did an upgrade again and it stop working. My model is SM-975F ( S10+ ). Obviously, downgrade is not a solution.

How did you downgrade your s10+ im worried about doing it and ruining my phone
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE Posted at 12-24 08:58
I deleted the app and restarted my phone and the app appears to be working?? I'm using a s10+

It's too dark to try the MM and tbh I don't trust the app not to freeze mid flight. But its something

Did you delete and re install the app and then your phone and are you using OS10?
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq Posted at 12-24 10:02
Did you delete and re install the app and then your phone and are you using OS10?

I deleted the app then restarted the phone and then reinstalled the app. And yes i am on android 10.

One issue is i cant quit the app with the ui2 gestures. So its still a older version of the app
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Quick update.

I hooked  the phone up to the remote then to the MM and updated the firmware. Still all good.
2019-12-24
Use props
Roku
lvl.2
Finland

I tried everything. Deleted cache and data. Uninstalled the app. Deleted DJI folder. Restarted. Installed the app from DJI site. It doesn't even ask permissions and doesn't create new DJI folder. Tried to turn on permissions. Turned off gestures.. Nothing helps.
2019-12-24
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

djiuser_dhMBMDvT4T5F Posted at 12-22 01:36
[view_image]
I found a way to make the application work on Samsung S10 with Android 10. Together with the DJI FLy application, I installed the DJI GO4 application. After that, the DJI Fly application starts up and works normally. I hope someone helps this method of solving the problem

Very good. My app 1.0.3 now works on Samsung S10 - Android 10. Great respect!! THX!
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gebič Posted at 12-24 14:54
Very good. My app 1.0.3 now works on Samsung S10 - Android 10. Great respect!! THX!

Tried this, doesnt work.App still not functional,just a white screen.Guess we all have nice xmas decorations :/

Lets get #boycottdji trending on twitter, they dont seem to listen otherwise
2019-12-25
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Czechia

djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq Posted at 12-25 00:05
Tried this, doesnt work.App still not functional,just a white screen.Guess we all have nice xmas decorations :/

Lets get #boycottdji trending on twitter, they dont seem to listen otherwise

Really work on Samsung S10 - Android 10.

Screen:

2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_ofdPSHVwa5Kc
New

Denmark

I updated my Galaxy S10 today, and same problem: the DJI Fly App doesn't work.
When will there be a solution?
2019-12-25
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58281 ft
Spain

gebič Posted at 12-25 09:34
Really work on Samsung S10 - Android 10.

Do you have a Qualcomm processor ?. Seems that Exynos proccesor variant is fault here.

Dji ....
2019-12-25
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Czechia

Kracker Posted at 12-25 13:54
Do you have a Qualcomm processor ?. Seems that Exynos proccesor variant is fault here.

Dji ....

Exynos. Install dji go 4. Dji fly then it will run.

Install djo go 4. Run dji go 4.

You leave Dji go 4 installed and dji fly then run.

PS: Me this procedure works 100%
2019-12-25
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58281 ft
Spain

gebič Posted at 12-25 13:59

I tried with every app of DJI, doesn't work. I did an upgrade to Android 10 about 6 o 7 times just for test without luck.
2019-12-25
Use props
zappy49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482260 ft
United Kingdom

seem like its not just the fly app with Android I have had the same with go4 used 2 different iOS devices. and no problems soon as I use my Huawei m5 tab. then all the problems appeare
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_7f2hEULzYktG
lvl.1
Colombia

Tomorrow we complete 1 month since latest version. We need a new version compatible 100% on android 10. The solutions here work just for some people and for a few attempts, it crashes again. Please DJI we need a solution now!
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_3Iu9iaqLxEvq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had this email this morning (26Dec2019)       
DJI Support (DJI Support)

12月26日 CST20:00

Thank you for waiting. We just got feedback. The issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in the next version of the DJI Fly app. There is no date yet when the next version will be released but we advise you to stay tuned to our website for announcements.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best Regards,

DJI Customer Support

2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_dqfzpMbnAjqv
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI designated department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

absolute wanker. you guys say the same ... on every forum post when this is clearly a genuine problem, your happy to take our 600-700 dollars of hard earned cash, but give us no idea when this will be fixed. its bull..., and the reviews of your DJI fly app show that. how did you not expect this to happen right after christmas when you obviously got a huge amount of sales. a phone and a drone released in the same year aren't even compatible ? thats ridiculous.
2019-12-27
Use props
pasztorlaszlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76040 ft
Hungary

Any updates? I still can't start the app...
2019-12-28
Use props
LRaven
lvl.2
Ukraine

According to some feedback from users for smarts with Android 10 can help:
- switch OFF system gestures;
- take back navigation bar;
- reset DJI Fly cache or uninstall and install it again.
2019-12-28
Use props
pasztorlaszlo
lvl.1
Hungary

LRaven Posted at 12-28 11:04
According to some feedback from users for smarts with Android 10 can help:
- switch OFF system gestures;
- take back navigation bar;

And those who never ever used system gestures, only the on screen buttons?
2019-12-28
Use props
pasztorlaszlo
lvl.1
Hungary

I saw an answer from DJI in our local FB group:

"Hello dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.
Sorry to reply to you so late
I'm sorry to hear about the problem.
This problem requires changes to the Samsung mobile phone system. We contacted the Samsung Research Institute and are working together to resolve the issue.
We will optimize this problem in the future
We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.
I wish you a Happy New Year"

So DJI is pointing to Samsung, saying it's their fault.... Nonsense... They want Samsung to change their OS to support their DJI Fly app??? Seriosly....??
But anyway, this year we won't be able to fly our Mini... I'm going to sell it. Or send it back to DJI, because I didn't purchase it to be a paperweight....

2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_t2SylHPiFFQR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129760 ft

Serbia

Plese I have same problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ , please provide me solution couse everybody of us pays lot of money for use not to leave the drone in box.   
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_qs85vZCaeCJC
lvl.1

Spain

gebič Posted at 12-25 13:59

It world tour me. Samsung S10 + with exynos que Android 10. First i installed dji go 4 and runs It, after this i installed dji fly and runs 100 %. Thanks for this solution
2019-12-29
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_qs85vZCaeCJC Posted at 12-29 05:56
It world tour me. Samsung S10 + with exynos que Android 10. First i installed dji go 4 and runs It, after this i installed dji fly and runs 100 %. Thanks for this solution

When you install GO and run it, and then run Fly and it works, does this solution work through a reboot cycle? In other words, after you Install GO and run -> Run Fly, if you then reboot, do you have to run GO again before running Fly? I'm trying to grasp if the run GO is setting something that is persistent through a reboot or not.....
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_nw1inuNsT3eq
lvl.1

Finland

Hi all, yesterday i unistalled fly from my S10 then turned off back on and from play store got fly again to my phone. I noteced end of intallation at there came some added update also which i have not noticed earlier. I dont know for sure but now my fly works again...

Greetings from Finland
Pete
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_8zuHPzNBWVP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604528 ft
Vietnam

Note10+ (android 10) doesn't work.
2019-12-30
Use props
renbrant
lvl.2

Brazil

The issue has not yet been resolved.
I wish you all a happy new year (without flying your drone)!

2019-12-30
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

djiuser_nw1inuNsT3eq Posted at 12-30 08:29
Hi all, yesterday i unistalled fly from my S10 then turned off back on and from play store got fly again to my phone. I noteced end of intallation at there came some added update also which i have not noticed earlier. I dont know for sure but now my fly works again...

Greetings from Finland

Hi,

I made the same of you and for 10 days my app worked and i had also some nice flight.
Today with no reason the app stopped again to work and i am not more a le to work.
I have a big question to do to Dji: Mavic Mini is sure to make fly???
I explain: it is clear the app is bad programmed and full of bugs. What would be happpened if the app   crashed when i was flying?
How could i  pilot the drone?
If the drone caused some damage to other people who is the responsible?
Please have me some answers because i need to know if the app and the whole dsystem is sure to make fly.
If the app start again can i fly wihtout danger?

P. S. Tommorow i will recive additional battery (more money have to DJI) and i can not fly

2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules